question

Actually, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that the ending depends on your choice of dialogue with Kreia?

I haven't tested the theory as I've always chosen the dialogue that reflects the alignment I had throughout the game, but wasn't one of the things that bothered people the fact that you could act any way you wanted, but the ending only depended on what you said to Kreia at the end?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Actually, wouldn't it be more accurate to say that the ending depends on your choice of dialogue with Kreia?

I thought it did regardless of what alignment. You could destroy Malachor or assume control of it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've done this several times. If you kill any of the masters then the final masters on Dantooine will attack you. Thus, you get DS ending.

Agreed. I had light side mastery and had killed only Vrook till the enclave where the remaining masters attacked me. Of course I tried all paths/conversations with Kreia as well and they all ended the same.