Impeach Bush?

WITHTEETH

It's a good idea, but it will never happen. I prefer my politics to be practical, I got too much into impractical politics (ie libertarianism) in my late teens, only to get burned out during the election.

I suppose I'd better just come out and say it: 6ftIR/Hades, you bow too easily. You're not arguing, and at times you run pretty close to using the relativistic fallacy. Frankly, this is hard to deal with.

I use to argue a great deal but people didn't like it when I argue and generally insulted my point of view so I am taking the "agree with everyone" stance because this forum isn't worth the headache. :thumbsup:

Harvey

I suppose I'd better just come out and say it: 6ftIR/Hades, you bow too easily. You're not arguing, and at times you run pretty close to using the relativistic fallacy. Frankly, this is hard to deal with.

you're right, hades should just argue with someone, even if he agrees, because you think it is better to argue than to actually reach a common ground. :thumbsup:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

you're right, hades should just argue with someone, even if he agrees, because you think it is better to argue than to actually reach a common ground. :ermm:

taks

You're not getting it. It wouldn't be a problem if it happened just once.

What else to you want me to say, Alan? You have different views than I do and my views, wrong or not, are no more valid or invalid than your views. The only way that this community is going to prosper and grow is that we take account our difference and have a respectable discourse regardless what the topic may be.

Case in point.

It's not anything that can be overcome, but it's a bad habit to have.

Edited by Pop

It's a good idea, but it will never happen. I prefer my politics to be practical, I got too much into impractical politics (ie libertarianism) in my late teens, only to get burned out during the election.

I believe relativism explains the world pretty well: Interchangable standards vary from place to place. Yet the context the big rabbit takes on it i personally don't agree with. I believe that there are better reasons, and ways to live by then others out there. So i get all the info i can and make my best guess from there.

So I believe cultures are different place to place, but some cultures are better then others. The proof by which i think they may have a better society is shown in there quality/standard of living.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I think he's still playing the "I'm the victim" card.

Bush? Yeah.

WITHTEETH: Let me throw this at you. Since Americans generally enjoy the highest standard of living on Earth, does it then follow that our culture is the best? Wouldn't it then follow that it is right for us to enforce our cultural standards and norms on others, so that they may reap the benefits? Would a totalitarian government that eliminates poverty and hunger be better than a free society with some poverty?

Edited by Pop

Would a totalitarian government that eliminates poverty and hunger be better than a free society with some poverty?

Now you too see clearly, only with the Emperor can we succeed. For he is our redeemer, for he will deliver us. Keep the litany in your heart and march forth and let no Xeno or Heretic stand on your way. You walk in His grace and in His will and in his will only shall you overcome. For the Empire of Man!

On afterthought, DoW-machismo doesn't really have a lot to do with this thread, but if the question is whether a totalitarian goverment would be somehow better than what we now have, then the answer is no. Just look at Terra and the million and one dystopian novels.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, I have that effect on things.

Carry on.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I think he's still playing the "I'm the victim" card.

Bush? Yeah.

WITHTEETH: Let me throw this at you. Since Americans generally enjoy the highest standard of living on Earth, does it then follow that our culture is the best? Wouldn't it then follow that it is right for us to enforce our cultural standards and norms on others, so that they may reap the benefits? Would a totalitarian government that eliminates poverty and hunger be better than a free society with some poverty?

I believe the scandinavian countries have the highest standard of living not Americans, thus we should learn to why they are so successful at living. Also i do not believe in dictators or and authoritarians as a proven way to create a society. I just like to have discussions really, to relate and prove reasons. Reasons can be infectious, and they will spread on there own. If the best reaons are spread they will be the ones that will be learned. Thus that is what will echo on and be the norm... in theory atleast.

What your opinion? ;)

Myspace Website!

My rig

Yes, we are very successful at living. I've lived for 26 years but plan to go on a lot longer. I have relatives who have lived for nearly 350 years and they're still going strong. Living is a form of art.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Yeah, and it also has a black market for bubble gum.

I mean, come the heck on.

kirottu said:

There I corrected Wikipedia, now its definately a republic! ;)

Clicky!!!

Singapore is a republic with a Westminster system of a unicameral parliamentary government representing different constituencies of Singapore. The bulk of the executive powers rests in the hands of the Cabinet of Singapore, which consists of ministers led by the Prime Minister of Singapore....
Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

Well, for what it's worth, I "learned" that it was a city state dictatorship from a textbook which briefly covered the subject in high school.

EDIT: Not sure what you "corrected," since the line you quoted was there long before today.

Edited by alanschu

Well, for what it's worth, I "learned" that it was a city state dictatorship from a textbook which briefly covered the subject in high school.

EDIT:  Not sure what you "corrected," since the line you quoted was there long before today.

I believe it laos says its a city state. Wiki seems to contradict itself. Can you be both a republic and a city state?

EDIT: I did not edit anything in Wiki lol. I just saw the other thread criticizing wiki for being editable so i thought i'd take a bite and joke. ;)

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

It's a small country with a LOT of economic clout. Perhaps the quality of living has less to do with the government and more with the economic system they use.

ANYWAY, I was hoping to have a little discourse about cultural relativism, maybe tie it to the war, but NO. Doesn't seem like anybody is willing to cross over to the dark side (normative relativism) anyway.