Impeach Bush?

WITHTEETH

Why?  All the necessities I have can be fulfilled locally.  Water, power, food, and the such.  There is nothing in Bosnia, Somalia, Iraq, or any other country that holds what I need to survive.

But it is YOU.

You just need to convince many other people who wants cheap consumer electronics, businesses wishing to outsource, and people with cars, who want petrol for example. They don't want to have a mere "survival kit" on their hands when they can have a house, a car and a bunch of other stuff.

So, political instability leads to economic instability, which in turn affects people in US.

If the people in the US are strong they will survive. If not, then they won't.

Plain and simple.

Besides we have strong alternatives to oil here where I live. Its called Ethonal and more and more cars are being fitted to use it. In five years Ethonal only vehicles will be very common.

As I said, all the necessities are fulfilled here.

Global economy is very sensitive to political environment, so that's why you should care what is happening outside of the country.

Your picture of the world seems a bit simplistic.

Maybe it's from living in Iowa ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

In Iowa we have all the food, fuel, water, and such to survive. Add in low cost of living and a education system rated one of the highest in the nation, Iowa is a nice place to live.

I am a firm beleiver in self sufficience. If you can't take care of yourself by yourself then well, nature will take you out.

Edited by Hades_One

if (I think you mean ethanol not ethonal, is it?) new types of cars are being fitted, it doesn't mean anythihg, as well as ability of potential isolation. In its present state, economy is global, and everything that is happening in the world affects it. US is the part of global economy, it is NOT isolated.

Chaos in the rest of the world will affect US. Plain and simple.

If US will be isolated and the rest of the world is going the way of globalisation, equillibrium shift is inevitable, and not in US' favor.

I have never said that the US should be isolated in the global market. I am just saying that the US needs to get its own affairs in order before mucking with other countries. Only when the US has total healthcare coverage for all citizens, an unemployment rating of .001%, and completely and totally out of debt should the US poke its nose in the workings of another country if they haven't done anything to the US.

Once we have our own store in order, then we can take care of others. Economically let us join our nieghbors, but if our neighbors wnat to kill each other that is their business and not ours.

Why you should worry (has something about Iowa too :devil: )

Still, some economists warn that if oil rises to a higher level and stays there, as some analysts predict, consumers could stop spending, curtailing economic growth. The

scenario is that spending cuts would eat into employment, further damping consumer

sentiment.

I hope this paper can explain better than me

Nitpick:

And unemployment rate in US is a bit defferent

I have never said that the US should be isolated in the global market.  I am just saying that the US needs to get its own affairs in order before mucking with other countries.  Only when the US has total healthcare coverage for all citizens, an unemployment rating of .001%, and completely and totally out of debt should the US poke its nose in the workings of another country if they haven't done anything to the US.

Once we have our own store in order, then we can take care of others.  Economically let us join our nieghbors, but if our neighbors wnat to kill each other that is their business and not ours.

As I've said before, you wouldn't hold this position had you been a German Jew circa the 40s.

Furthermore, I'm starting to chalk this up as so much tough talk. Anytime someone makes an appeal to the, "Only the strong survive!" argument, they're compensating.

As I've said before, you wouldn't hold this position had you been a German Jew circa the 40s. 

Of course not. We are all products of our environments and time in which we are born in. If I was a German Jew in the 1940's I would most definitely have a different view as well as not have an Internet forum addiction. It is irrelevant. I am an Iowan living in the 21st century, that is my reality and the reality I deal with.

In Iowa we have all the food, fuel, water, and such to survive.  Add in low cost of living and a education system rated one of the highest in the nation, Iowa is a nice place to live.

I am a firm beleiver in self sufficience.  If you can't take care of yourself by yourself then well, nature will take you out.

I would think the frequent tornados may affect your state quite a bit......Inane, I know, I'm just tired.

So, by your logic, if I'm sitting at my computer, and I hear a woman screaming outside my window, on the ground in a pool of blood...I look, and I see a man advancing on her with a knife.......I just mutter, click another link, and close the window?

If only the strong survive, then clearly, this woman has no right to live, since she can't defend herself properly. Somehow, this is unacceptable to me. :lol:

Oh, and please don't make the argument that "if she's American, I'll help". Bull****.

And this IS a "in a perfect world" statement, but why the hell can't we elect intelligent, decent, good-hearted people into public offices? Why can't the parties just...I don't know...offer up somebody good enough to be president? Isn't he supposed to be an elite person? A representation of his country? Realistically, this means nothing, but still...doesn't hurt to wonder, or pose the question(s).

Commisar, I agree with you on most points. Laozi, I agree on a few. Even Hades, I agree with a bit. Mothy, I don't dislike conservative christians, to each his own, I just have a problem with them when they use politics and laws to leverage their beliefs on others. Seraph...

Taks, you mystify me. You simultaneously piss me off with some of the things you say, and make perfect, inarguable sense. Confound you.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Oh, I would call the police for it is their job to take care of the matter.  Also what goes on right outside your door is quite different to what is happening 5 to 6 thousand miles away.

Distance doesn't mean a thing, we're talking about human life here. Same principle.

And do the police have to show? Truth is, no. They may face the wrath of the media, or the public after the fact...and a few people may lose their jobs, but really, they remain unaffected, and there will continue to be a police force.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

There are 6 billion people on the planet. We are endanger of becoming extinct due to overpopulation. 1 death, or even a 1,000,000 deaths will not make a huge impact in the population of our species. The only value we put on a human life is subjective at best.

Edited by Hades_One

Of course not. We are all products of our environments and time in which we are born in. If I was a German Jew in the 1940's I would most definitely have a different view as well as not have an Internet forum addiction. It is irrelevant. I am an Iowan living in the 21st century, that is my reality and the reality I deal with.

So if a second Holocaust were to come about, you would counsel non-intervention?

So if a second Holocaust were to come about, you would counsel non-intervention?

You people deal with too much ifs in order to back your claims which only proves the fact you either don't know the hell you're talking about or you just don't know how to back your claims with something solid....

Hey, but you know what? It's always amusing to see the neverending stupidity of avarage americans on this forum....

Do carry on :thumbsup:

You people deal with too much ifs in order to back your claims which only proves the fact you either don't know the hell you're talking about or you just don't know how to back your claims with something solid....

Hey, but you know what? It's always amusing to see the neverending stupidity of avarage americans on this forum....

I need to know if you're an ESL before I rip into you. It's only polite.

Edited by Commissar

Depends on who are the victims. If the victims were US citizens I would most certainly take action. I am an American and no American should be treated like that by their own government. I would act, even if it would put my life at risk. If it happened in a different country it would be not my affair. If it happened, lets say France of all places, since I am not French it not my place to dictate what the response of the French people would do. I would hope that they would fight such atrocities as much as possible but ultimately that is the French's problem and not the US's. Now if the French regime invaded the US then we should get involved, wipe out without mercy the French regime who had the audacity to attack us, then come home.

He's just stating his opinion not trying to prove anything.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Taks, you mystify me. You simultaneously piss me off with some of the things you say, and make perfect, inarguable sense. Confound you.

that is the funniest thing i've heard all week.

i am a bit of an ass, i know. straightforward and unbending. i use logic to a flaw (or is it "to a fault", i can never remember). whether i make perfect, inarguable sense, however, is certainly debatable. :thumbsup:

you wouldn't happen to be the same lonewolf that posts over at badastronomy, would you?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

You people deal with too much ifs in order to back your claims which only proves the fact you either don't know the hell you're talking about or you just don't know how to back your claims with something solid...

he's a pain, but when someone like hades is dealing with extreme, untenable positions, "what ifs" and hypotheticals are all you can counter with.

it is always amusing to see the neverending inability of average human to debate with logic and reason. resorting to ad-hominems hardly sets the stage for you to gain any credibility with those of us who know what that means.

taks

comrade taks... just because.