KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

in response to random's starting as sith -post:

That would so rock. Especially if the Sith weren't portrayed as eviiiil goons, but as what they are: Practitioners of force looking for personal power and influence, usually rather ruthlessly.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

As for KOTOR the jedi are the "Knights of the Old Republic"  Hence the name.

With the concept of a Knight, the potential for LS/DS is also there. (There are robes for Jedi Knights and Dark Jedi Knights respectively)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

As for KOTOR the jedi are the "Knights of the Old Republic"  Hence the name.

With the concept of a Knight, the potential for LS/DS is also there. (There are robes for Jedi Knights and Dark Jedi Knights respectively)

And don't forget the whole concept of of a knight, without being a "knight". Like the old "Prince & The Pauper" story, where the prince pretends to be a pauper and yet still comports himself as a prince must: that can be applied to a knight just as well. In other words, the characteristics that define a knight can be expressed by someone who has not been officially recognised as a knight, and this may be a good knight or otherwise (Black Knight, anyone?).

How about he original Sith? Hmmm?

What are you asking? AFAIK (admittedly not much, and all of it based on the loading screen ticker tape from K1), the "Original Sith" were some sort of insect-like beasties. Are you suggesting that these beasties should be enemies, playable characters, or both?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What are you asking? AFAIK (admittedly not much, and all of it based on the loading screen ticker tape from K1), the "Original Sith" were some sort of insect-like beasties. Are you suggesting that these beasties should be enemies, playable characters, or both?

Yeah I know. I recalled seeing someone mention this so where on this board. I posted it just to get some discussion going, not that i would want to have a game with the original Sith.

Well if there is a new kotor game, I think it's obvious to many that Hk-47 and T3 should be there :D but which character's do you think should be there from the previous two games?

And plz no oversaturation of previous characters... I know alot of people liked them but there is only so many character plots you can incorprate

P.S Personally i would love to see Bastila and Canderous

Why not have it based on the Mandalion (sp) wars.. that would be cool..

willyoubemyfriend21az.png

Currently Awaiting KOTOR3 xD!

MSN: 1967 Dodge

"What spam lacks in quality,

It makes up in quantity"

Well if there is a new kotor game, I think it's obvious to many that Hk-47 and T3 should be there  :D but which character's do you think should be there from the previous two games?

And plz no oversaturation of previous characters... I know alot of people liked them but there is only so many character plots you can incorprate

Seems like those droids are always in the game, just like 3CPO and R2D in the movies.

I'd just like to see the original KotOR characters back, besides the Exile. All the characters from KotOR 2 can make cameos as they reform the order. The characters from the KotOR sieries were so much more interesting (in my opinion) and I think that the devs could do something with the whole Life Debt that Zaalbar has to Revan. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of the characters from the second games killed off.

Well if there is a new kotor game, I think it's obvious to many that Hk-47 and T3 should be there  :D but which character's do you think should be there from the previous two games?

Seems like those droids are always in the game, just like 3CPO and R2D in the movies.

R2 is the hero of the who SW sextology!

I'd just like to see the original KotOR characters back, besides the Exile. All the characters from KotOR 2 can make cameos as they reform the order. The characters from the KotOR sieries were so much more interesting (in my opinion) and I think that the devs could do something with the whole Life Debt that Zaalbar has to Revan. Wouldn't mind seeing a couple of the characters from the second games killed off.

Zalbar's dead. I killed him.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I do agree to the idea that in Kotor III you should start as a Sith, maybe you start in the unknown regions and meet Revan (or the Exile) shortly after the game starts. You could from that point go to a republic world (Coruscant is probably a good option) to betray your own people, or you could spy on the republic to go back to your old Sith masters to start a war against this republic. It is a very open way to start a new game.

Master Vandar lives!

No Sith original or interbreed kind. Find a new enemy to fight.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I still support the idea of an unaffiliated force adept PC who makes his way into the greater galaxy. Doesnt ever force you to be evil, as a Sith background might. Even if you dont play the character as evil, at some point he/she had to commit some evil act to be accepted and sucessfully trained. Also promotes the idea of a neutral alignment as force adepts tend to be less philosophical and more animistic on the whole. Though there could be an urban adept, i suppose.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

If Bastila were to appear in a third game, it might help to have a feat that is uniquely specific to her as an indication of a form of force mastery. Since battle meditation has become a force power in K2, a feat for her might be something like this: An example could be War Repulsion (Battle meditation's advanced form) It sets parties apart in opposition, hence its name.

And the utilisation of War Repulsion might be shown through CG movies for both LS and DS accordingly rather than as a force power that is used by Bastila in a fight. Difference between Battle Meditation and War Repulsion is that the latter has an ability to create conflict on a planetary scale. For LS, it is a form of defence against the Sith forces, and for DS, utilised against the Jedi and the Republic. (Although I doubt that it is likely)

However, its another possibility.

Feel free to add ideas about characters in the third game...

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I wonder how long it'll be until it's announced or decided that in fact there will be a KOTOR III.

As much as there is a craving for this game at present, I wonder how many of the "on the fence" KOTOR gamers will forget about this series if Lucasarts takes too much time before announcing it.

As it is, even as big a fan as I am, I'm starting to become less and less interested in a K3. Right after K2 was released and there were rumors about a K3, I was actually excited about the prospect. But as it is now, I'd be more "cool, another RPG to play" rather than "OMG YES!" if/when K3 is announced.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)