NHL is back

Fionavar

Thats cool, Kumquatq, but it would have been funnier if it was a Flames jersey.

And here is an article for Mkreku, it talks about Lindros being the top clutch scorer for October.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/...performer_x.htm

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I was thinking to myself that Toronto's task of facing off against Carolina on away ice is quite a challenge.. until I saw that the Oilers are having to deal with Detroit on away ice :p

Sundin will probably not play until Saturday or Sunday though. Sooner than expected but not soon enough!

Anyhow, I'm just glad that Toronto aren't the ones playing Ottawa tonite. Tampa Bay has that unenviable task. Ottawa are lethal right now and seem to have the talent to humiliate and degrade just about any team in the league when they're playing like this. I think Alfredsson will score 2 tonight.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Honestly I'm hoping for a 12-6 romp in favor of the Lightning, just so the Sens can come down to earth a little. And as much bitching as I did yesterday about the Sens/ Sabres game it did vault me back into top spot in my hockey pool, which is something I can say I haven't done since October ended.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Alfredsson 1.. (1 more to go for my prediction!)

Leafs - Hurricanes 2-2

Oilers - Red Wings 2-2

We're doing good so far (knock on wood)!

Whats really odd is that of the forty some odd people in my pool only three of us have more than one Senator in their drafts. It could explain why I haven't been lower than seventh in the month.

And it looks like young Mr. Steen is having quite the night tonight. But Carolina is not letting this one get away without a price.

It's the second intermission for Det/Edm. It's been pretty gritty so far. Oilers netminder has weathered a barrage of shots and has only been beaten when the people in front of him completely let him down. But we're tied ( although without the gaffes we'd be up two nothing) so to take the best team in the League to a draw through two has its merits... >_<

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Pretty intense last two minutes of the Leafs - Hurricanes game at least. Just too bad the Leafs always seem to draw the short end of the stick. The Leafs are in such a bad state I don't even think the return of Sundin will remedy this.

It was one of the better games they've played this year. Great back and forth action with some heavy Detroit pressure at times. Jussi stood on his head, and Cross and MAB go down with injuries.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Nolan Schaeffer just got his first shut-out for the Sharks. This is a pretty interesting story, the Sharks have two great goaltenders, but both were playing horrible and now they are both injured. So they call Schaeffer up from the minor, who wasn't doing great there, and he's played awesome.

It helps that the Sharks are outshooting every team by about 10 shots.

To tell the truth Alanschu that fourth line of Laraque, Brodziak and Harvey were pretty impressive in the Detroit game.

Ans Sundin has a point so far tonight, are U satisfied now Mkreku?

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

No, but 1 goal 1 assist is at least a fall forward. Unfortunately the referees seem determined to hand the Leafs yet another late loss. They keep handing out really weird penalties to the Leafs, and they are.. uh they were playing 3 against 5 and they just let in the 3-4 goal.. Still in the lead but not for long if the refs keep this up.

Edit: I think the refs got a bad conscience or something, because in the last minutes of the game they gave Tampa Bay some really unfair penalties too. The referees are not very good in the NHL. Maybe they should start using international referees?

Edited by mkreku

No, but 1 goal 1 assist is at least a fall forward. Unfortunately the referees seem determined to hand the Leafs yet another late loss. They keep handing out really weird penalties to the Leafs, and they are.. uh they were playing 3 against 5 and they just let in the 3-4 goal.. Still in the lead but not for long if the refs keep this up.

Edit: I think the refs got a bad conscience or something, because in the last minutes of the game they gave Tampa Bay some really unfair penalties too. The referees are not  very good in the NHL. Maybe they should start using international referees?

How do you know if a penalty's incorrect if you're listening to the game?

How do you know if a penalty's incorrect if you're listening to the game?

I listen to the commentators. You know, like how they tell you who has the puck, who scored the goal and such..?