NHL is back

Fionavar

Anyone catch the end of the Lightning game? I turned it off at the start of the 3rd period...

Here you go :

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS020288.HTM

And the Oil are down 3-1 to the Wings at the end of the second.

Let's go rally caps!!!

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Rally caps for teh winnah in overtime!!

The Oil went up five three on four unanswered goals in the third only to watch the Red Wings tie the game with five minutes left. A stoopid penalty by Kirk Maltby leads to a 4 on 3 after regulation, to which Jarret Stoll says 'stop this Chris Osgood stoopid wanker with all your teeth who eats yogurt when he's backing up' and goes forth to let a fairly innocent shot burn him for the win. (w00t) (w00t)

Shawn Horcoff ties an Oiler record for potting four assists in one period. Ryan Smyth managed to pass Paul Coffey for fifth in the career goals scored by an Edmonton player.

Boo Yak A Sha!!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Rally caps for teh winnah in overtime!!

The Oil went up five three on four unanswered goals in the third only to watch the Red Wings tie the game with five minutes left.  A stoopid penalty by Kirk Maltby leads to a 4 on 3 after regulation, to which Jarret Stoll says 'stop this Chris Osgood stoopid wanker with all your teeth who eats yogurt when he's backing up' and goes forth to let a fairly innocent shot burn him for the win. (w00t)  (w00t)

Shawn Horcoff ties an Oiler record for potting four assists in one period.  Ryan Smyth managed to pass Paul Coffey for fifth in the career goals scored by an Edmonton player.

Boo      Yak  A    Sha!!!!

W00T! Detroit lost all three games in Western Canada! :lol:

I checked out Alfredssons projected numbers. According to those he would score 87 goals this season if he keeps up this pace. Naturally he wont, but still.. Going over 50 goals this season doesn't seem like an impossibility! One embarrassing fact about swedish players in the NHL is that no swedish player has ever scored more than 50 goals in one season! H

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So Kovalchuk gets two goals and three assists tonight. But what suprised me more is a Philly player had a breakaway and he caught up and made a beautiful defensive play to prevent a shot. Talk about the maturation of a player.

And plese God let the Blackhawks be exhausted for tommorow nights game against the Oilers. Far too many years we were the first stop on opposing teams road trips. How are you liking them apples now, Calgary? :p"

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And Fedorov gets his first point hahaha

Anyone else surprised how well Dallas is doing I thought they would have taken a larger step backwards then this.

And plese God let the Blackhawks be exhausted for tommorow nights game against the Oilers. Far too many years we were the first stop on opposing teams road trips. How are you liking them apples now, Calgary?

Them apples are surely rotten I tell you

So Kovalchuk gets two goals and three assists tonight.  But what suprised me more is a Philly player had a breakaway and he caught up and made a beautiful defensive play to prevent a shot.  Talk about the maturation of a player.

And plese God let the Blackhawks be exhausted for tommorow nights game against the Oilers.  Far too many years we were the first stop on opposing teams road trips.  How are you liking them apples now, Calgary? :("

Though I did find it more entertaining when he threw his stick in stiuations like that :)

So Kovalchuk gets two goals and three assists tonight.  But what suprised me more is a Philly player had a breakaway and he caught up and made a beautiful defensive play to prevent a shot.  Talk about the maturation of a player.

And plese God let the Blackhawks be exhausted for tommorow nights game against the Oilers.  Far too many years we were the first stop on opposing teams road trips.  How are you liking them apples now, Calgary? :("

Though I did find it more entertaining when he threw his stick in stiuations like that :ermm:

I am guessing noone's upset over his contract issues anymore. I still think he's worth the hassle and the money. The russky is a hockey god!!1

I am guessing noone's upset over his contract issues anymore. I still think he's worth the hassle and the money. The russky is a hockey god!!1

Hey, I'm upset. Not only did I not pick Kovalchuk for that very reason, I also made a point out of laughing at everyone who did for the first week. Now, sadly, I sit in 5th and 11th place in my hockey pool :(

edited for spelling Kovalchuk Kovalchik... :luck:

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hey, I'm upset. Not only did I not pick Kovalchuk for that very reason, I also made a point out of laughing at everyone who did for the first week. Now, sadly, I sit in 5th and 11th place in my hockey pool :(

god I miss Oilers and Calgary hockey.

Moved out here to Toronto 6 years ago and its just not the same!

All these die hard leaf fans with no idea what good hockey really is! hehe

And finding a decent hockey pool is next to impossible!

god I miss Oilers and Calgary hockey.

Moved out here to Toronto 6 years ago and its just not the same!

All these die hard leaf fans with no idea what good hockey really is! hehe

And finding a decent hockey pool is next to impossible!

Tell me about it. I've got another year minimum before I can move away. These leafs fans are crazy I tell you! Just because I walked down the sidewalk wearing a Canadiens jersey... :huh:"

Speaking of the Leafs.. Fourth straight win tonight against Kovalch.. er.. Atlanta! THE CUP IS OURS!!1

Edmonton has 15 minutes left to score 4 quick ones to beat Chicago.

Oh, and Forsberg is going to turn Gagne into a trophy winner at the end of this year. The Maurice Richard Trophy! Mark my words.

Well Oilers fans your favorite blueliner has been traded to Florida

Alexei Semenov to the Florida Panthers Saturday in exchange for a conditional draft pick

Sportsnet

Well he was pretty crappy for you guys this year

In 11 games this season, Semenov is a minus-3 with two points (one goal, one assist) and 17 penalty minutes.

So you is gonna take his place ?- Perhaps you guys want Marchment back :shifty:"

That footage is actually from a game between Denmark and Japan. The guy scoring the goal on his own goalie is from Japan and he actually did think he had scored a game winning goal or something, before he realized he had scored on his own goalie. It's been in the sports news in Sweden a couple of years (months? can't remember) ago. It's hilarious. The japanese player said he had never had as many journalists showing interest in him before..

Today I recieved my Stan Mikita Blackhawks jersey. My hands were shaking as I took it out of the package

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.