Looting Breaks Out in Wilma's Wake

kumquatq3

Looting Breaks Out in Wilma's Wake

"It's chaos," said fire official Gregorio Vergara. "They are taking things all over the city."

Reports of rape, murder at Katrina evacuation sites were probably exaggerated

Just pointing out, that under much better conditions, people in another country are reacting much the same as the folks in N.O.

yet, you don't here much about it.

come to you own conclusion.

Again.......what the hell is wrong with people? I can understand food, but what about a hurricane hitting your home merits stealing a 50 inch plasma?

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

And I love the word "probably" in that second link. Something that serious shouldn't immediately be discounted with a "probably". Either it happened, or it didn't.

You didn't read the story, did you

No... :"> I'm busy with a lot of stuff...and...............ok, not an excuse...hello edit button.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Once law and order breaks down some people go all out to get what they can. Had some riots up in Birmingham and they didnt even have the excuse of a hurricane. Police tend not to shoot on sight here, perhaps they should start.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

And I love the word "probably" in that second link. Something that serious shouldn't immediately be discounted with a "probably". Either it happened, or it didn't.

No... :"> I'm busy with a lot of stuff...and...............ok, not an excuse...hello edit button.

I still love you :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4369674.stm

Anyone think maybe some people defied the evac order precisely so they could loot?

I have to say it looks pretty bad if this thing is going to happen the exact same way as NO.

On the subject of looting being reported maybe the media simply decided they caught too much flak last time and are staying well away from the subject?

I have to also say, hand on heart, that I would have a hard time not making off with some stuff if it was from a big store that certainly had insurance, rather than a small personally owned one. I'm not saying its OK, or the cops shouldn't stop people doing it. I'm just saying I'd probably do it under the right conditions.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Capital punishment for petty theft?

Some people would consider TVs an essential. Who decides? Perhaps we should draw up an official list of lootable items in preparation for our next breakdown of law and order.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I have to say it looks pretty bad if this thing is going to happen the exact same way as NO.

No, in N.O. people were starving to death due to having just the shirt on their back. 80% of the city was underwater.

The Yucatan isn't Paris in the spring right now, but it's not N.O.

My point remains, where are all the people judging these people??????

Where are all the cries of civilization crumbling??

Where?

Edited by kumquatq3

Capital punishment for petty theft? 

Some people would consider TVs an essential.  Who decides?  Perhaps we should draw up an official list of lootable items in preparation for our next breakdown of law and order.

In those conditions sure.

I hardly think a TV is essential to survival.

You dont need a list, it's common sense. If the cops see people looting for food thats one thing. If those same people are looting an electrical store and carrying off 50" plasma's then put a bullet in them.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I still love you :wub:

:*

In those conditions sure.

I hardly think a TV is essential to survival.

You dont need a list, it's common sense. If the cops see people looting for food thats one thing. If those same people are looting an electrical store and carrying off 50" plasma's then put a bullet in them.

Sort of extreme...go for leg shots, then it's not attempted murder :sorcerer: . But, yeah, agreed.

- Everlast

Sort of extreme...go for leg shots, then it's not attempted murder  :sorcerer:  . But, yeah, agreed.

That is kind of the point. Since people dont loot unless social order has broken down your first priority is to instil some order.

478327[/snapback]