Your favorite book... a little different

Guest Cantousent

I'll just say Douglas Adams .. I love everything that guy writes!

but one of my favorite quotes must be

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

Fortune favors the bald.

I've thought long and hard about what I could quote but I find it near impossible to pick a favourite book out of all the books I have read... :thumbsup:

I guess I'm a fan of George Orwell (who in their right mind isn't though) and could quote something of his from any of his books, so I guess I will:

'...There, comrades, is the answer to all our problems. It is summed up in a single word - Man. Man is the only real enemy we have. Remove Man from the scene, and the root cause of hunger and overwork is abolished for ever.

'Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals...'

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I liked Animal Farm. I have yet to read anything else from Orwell though.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

1984 is the pill-dystopia novel, isn't it?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

*falls down*

What did I do now? :devil:

kirottu said:

Muso? you should start wearing some kind of helmet from now on. :D

My favorite novels would be all of Jinyong's work. Here are some quotes (though I doubt anyone except finger of death might appreciate them. :p )

萧峰走下岭来,来到山侧,猛然间看到一块大岩,心中一凛:

Guest Cantousent

Fair enough, Julian. The quote is certainly legitimate, but could you provide a translation for us? After all, part of the point is to share something with us.

Sorry, but no translated versions are available and my English aren't nearly good enough to provide a remotely close translation. If you enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, then you probably would like Jinyong's novels as well. Let's just say there are lots of swashbuckling, skull-breaking, heart-piercing, blood-spilling action mixed with a little philosophy, romance, history and art. ;))

*falls down*

What did I do now? :p

It's the origin of Big Brother and Room 101....

Poor Calax, he's off the loop again.

kirottu said: