So... Christianity, but more specific.

Tigranes

Atheists are always complaining about how religion is always pushed in their face... but I find more atheists push their beliefs in my face... sure I believe in God but I'd never try and convince someone who thought otherwise... we're all entitled to believe what we want

DL

You make a great point DL >_< . If everything is based on a first assumption, whos to say who is right? we all make that great leap of faith. Each of us think that our is smaller, that is the difference. Each of us have unique view points because our minds create different realities. Our minds are opinionated/looking at different things/ideas.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

What I find really arrogant is the thought that we're somehow a species created by God and unique to the world in our design, the universe is beyond anything we can possibly comprehend in both size and age, why should we be so darn special.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

What are the odds for a God? 99.99999999% I take it...

This is the possibly for life to spontaneously be created. That does not mean the chance for the existence of god(s) is 99.99999999%. This is what scientists have come up with. Ever hear of Louis Pasteur's experiment?

I couldn't write a book one him. Which experiment exactly, links, anything? >_<

Myspace Website!

My rig

That there is an incredibly slim chance for life to be created spontaneously. I said I was not here to say anyone is wrong

BTW Im not christian, so my religion or beliefs are different than what you are probably thinking

When you state a fact on a thread about religion, it will generally be considered a load of crap unless you can provide a source. <_<

Anyways, the Bible was created by the minions of Greyface aimed at causing an eternal Age of Bureaucracy. That's a fact (from the Honest Book of Lies, 5:39). You can't question scripture, dontchaknow. >_<

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

why should we be so darn special.

We are each special because we are each unique. The world/society asks something different of each of us. that can be one definition of meaning to ourlives. :lol:

I think you misunderstood me, I meant why should we be so "unique" or "special" in a universe as vast and old as ours. I am confident that life exists in some form or another elsewhere in the universe or has existed at least, this is one reason out of many that leads me to my personal opinion about religion being... well bull**** really. >_<

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

why should we be so darn special.

We are each special because we are each unique. The world/society asks something different of each of us. that can be one definition of meaning to ourlives. o:)

I think you misunderstood me, I meant why should we be so "unique" or "special" in a universe as vast and old as ours. I am confident that life exists in some form or another elsewhere in the universe or has existed at least, this is one reason out of many that leads me to my personal opinion about religion being... well bull**** really. >_<

We should be unique or special so that it would create meaning in our lives to live on, to not kill or destroy ourselves. It can be a survival trait. When your father or mom, a loved one tells you, that you are special, do you not feel happy, and unique? :) I knew what you meant, i just wanted to put a happy ending to the story. :lol:

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

That there is an incredibly slim chance for life to be created spontaneously. I said I was not here to say anyone is wrong

BTW Im not christian, so my religion or beliefs are different than what you are probably thinking

When you state a fact on a thread about religion, it will generally be considered a load of crap unless you can provide a source. <_<

Anyways, the Bible was created by the minions of Greyface aimed at causing an eternal Age of Bureaucracy. That's a fact (from the Honest Book of Lies, 5:39). You can't question scripture, dontchaknow. >_<

You are all taking this the wrong way. Im not stating facts on or from religion. I am taking it from a scientific standpoint. The experiment can be found by looking it up on your own if your interested. I agve the name and i dont have time to explain it all.

We should be unique or special so that it would create meaning in our lives to live on, to not kill or destroy ourselves. It can be a survival trait. When your father or mom, a loved one tells you, that you are special, do you not feel happy, and unique? o:)  I knew what you meant, i just wanted to put a happy ending to the story. >_<

Oh well, you are right though that we are all unique somehow. But as you know, I was talking more in terms of us as a species and 'life' in general. :lol:

DENMARK!

You are all taking this the wrong way. Im not stating facts on or from religion. I am taking it from a scientific standpoint. The experiment can be found by looking it up on your own if your interested. I agve the name and i dont have time to explain it all.

Science isn't backed by science standpoint aye? ^_^

Can you extrapolate on your decision so we can anyalyze your conclusion? dismissing a current scientific theory is big news and should be publiced that you have the missing link to disprove this false information. IF your conclusion involves objective analysis.

And remember, a scientific theory is a scietific theory, even if you don't beleive it. its fine if you don't. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean its not true. It doesn't claim to be an absolute truth. Science humbly says that there theories are "the best we can do so far". Many take these as truths, others as subjectivity, others as false, and some as blasphme. It doesn't matter to me how one intreprets them, as long as science stays science.

sci

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

You didn't give the name as far as I can see. You said something vague about an experiment by Pasteur. I'm not sure if you realise this, but Pasteur did hundereds, and more likely thousands of experiments.

You chose to enter this discussion. If you wish your argument to be taken seriously, it is you who must back it up.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Dosnt really matter what the odds are if they exist , given enough time (or throws of the dice) they will occur.

Think about all the evolutionary deadends, actually, think how much more enduring the dinosaurs were to date.

If there is a supreme being, it's a kid playing with genitic lego rather than anything all powerful. An infalible entity would have no need for do overs after all.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I believe in a Higher Power. I look around every day, and I just don't see how this could be random. I'm not sure why I would want to believe in that. I have HUGE issues with organized religions. Religion is, for the most part, a product of man. It's been used to great good throughout human history, but it's also wreaked terrible havok.

But all monotheistic religions share one major point. Faith. I support that. People may call it blind faith, but again, I look around and it seems pretty obvious. I'm not saying we all have some divine purpose here, but I do see life as a gift from something greater than myself.

Now i wish to get off this topic because I have to leave. Let me make a point

1) I never stated a fact from a 2000 year old scripture

2) What I said is supported by the scientific community as a whole

3) I never discredited Aethism, Christianity or any other belief

Edited by Akhan225

"III  Disproof of Spontaneous Generation

Fully aware of the presence of microorganisms in nature, Pasteur undertook several experiments designed to address the question of where these

Edited by WITHTEETH

Myspace Website!

My rig

As far as I know (and my knowledge is rather out of date), scientists don't know exactly how the initial spark of life came into existence. We know how to get from the big bang to a planet on which all the chemicals needed for life exist, and we know how to get from a single cell organism to human beings. It's just the bit in the middle that's lacking. Some would argue, reasonably enough, that this is a pretty big hole in the atheist's explanation of the universe. Others, myself included, would express confidence that since science has been so successful in explaining phenomena that could previously only be attributed to God, it's reasonable to expect that the spark of life will soon be explained and understood as well.

Here's a link to a page about Pasteur's experiment, and an important quote from the end:

One very important point to note here is that Pasteur did not seek to find an answer to the broad question,

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Like I said, Im not proving god exists, only disproving a theory of life.

Thats fine, i myself wouldn't call evolution false from one observation. Scientists are creating similar experiments to conditions when the earth was first around. Trying to create life from nonlife. just because you haven't seen it , doesn't mean you proved it wrong, you still have to prove it wrong.

its hard to prove somthing doesn't exist when it doesn't, is this not true? ;)

Myspace Website!

My rig

Science has nothing to do with faith. Science is all about evidence. You want to advance something in science, you need to prove (or disprove) a theory. You cant just say because I said so which is what religion comes down to at the end of the day.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

We all use faith here.  Athiests have faith in science.  I have faith in a Higher Power.  Maybe that's all that will matter in the end.

This is what i was getting at before the Aetheists statred to get pissed.

I'm not pissed. ;) I just wanted to explain my point of view in a sensible way, and create understanding. we are 2 sides of the same coin. :cool:

Myspace Website!

My rig