Advertising is not allowed on these forums

Authority

Advertising commercial products or websites on these forums is not allowed and any such posts will be deleted immediately. The account will be disabled and the IP-adress banned.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

Hmmm, morning comes early, but I can't help but post a thought before I go to bed.

"Advertisement: This forum is not to be used to advertise or distribute products, services or copyrighted material. Please do not post scans of magazine articles about our games

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ok let's hypothetically asssume that I have my own online gallery of fanart I want everyone here to know about. Could I post a link to it?

And what with online initiatives like petitions? They need advertising on forums and that's natural.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Technically every time we mention a game, we are advertising. When I linked the gameplay site for people from the UK (because they have a really good coming soon calender , that was advertising.

Care to be a bit more specific mr moderator ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think it's more commercial advertising that's the problem. Every so often we get a silly link to some great new product or other accompanied by phony advice from the poster/bot. Promoting a site out of interest should be OK, in my opinion, as should linking to a commercial site as part of a discussion of their products, rather than as an overt 'Look at this and buy!' post.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The problem is that we get people/bots who come here to do nothing but advertise a new commercial site or product, that is not allowed and those people will be banned ASAP.

You are allowed to link to your own websites, online galleries, petitions, sites about a specific game etc. as long as it isnt for the purpouse of getting us to buy a product or score more hits

Recruiting to other forums etc. for no specific reason at all is generally frowned upon but it is not against forum regulations to do so.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."