Ban Epiphany?

Child of Flame

Should we just get it over with and kill the troll?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we just get it over with and kill the troll?

• Yes
    • No

Can some of the powers that be just get it over with and ban Epiphany? Half of the threads in Computer and Console are his at any given time, all of them are Xbox 360 hype. He just pisses everyone else off, knows full well that any threads he starts about the Xbox 360 aren't going to be recieved well due to his track record and continues to make them anyway. If that wasn't enough he spreads his propaganda to other threads and flaming follows. I'd report the guy, but he's a really good troll (a fact I have to admire, as it's hard to tiptoe the line with such finesse), and his greatest offense is generally crude but uncensored language and personal insults.

Basically what I am saying is he generally contributes nothing to the community other than flame wars and it's getting tiresome.

I'd put him on ignore, but then the posts in response to him wouldn't make any sense.

I'm sorry, fellows. So far I'm the only no vote. My reasoning is simple, just because we don't like someone doesn't mean he should suffer exile. Yes, Epiphany is combative. It's plain to see. ...But so are many of you, including you, Child, and I would never want to see you banned. This is simply not a good thread. It's unlikely to result in the ban you want and I hope it doesn't result in a ban at all.

Epiphany is clearly a die-hard XBox-360 fan. He's on a forum that seems to have just as many die-hard PS3 fans. More, if the truth were told. None of this is a reason to ban him.

Of course, that's just my opinion and I have a feeling my opinions aren't exactly weighed in gold.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Guest Fishboot

I vote no. Epiphany is an incredibly strange video game console proselytizer who I generally don't understand on most interpersonal levels and he has a vicelike grip on inanity, but the same could be said of several of his opponents.

Besides, there'd be tumbleweeds blowing through C&C without him, now that Ender is gone and meta has slowed down to a trickle of posts.

Thats really upto the mods. Since there are no rules requiring factual accuracy in posts don't think you can ban people just for talking crap. Although her response to Darque was bordering on the edge I think.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Geez, you guys spoil all the fun.  :-

And ShadowPaladin, I would report him, but it's not a censored naughty word.  That is the difference between naughty and not naughty here, it is why we are allowed to say vagina but not ****!

It dosnt matter if it's censored or not, it's whether or not you found it particularly offensive.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Potent is right. It's not our call if he's banned or not.

But he is an assface of highest kind, that's for sure.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That reply was awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Account banning is not up for public voting. Return to watching Big Brother. :wacko:

Please remember folks - treat other posters with respect. If you have cause to believe action should be taken against a particular user please contact the relevant moderator, or one of the global moderators via private message.

Thread closed.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein