New Media Patches

I finished KotOR2 some time ago and was wanting to play it again, so I checked to see if any new patches were out. All I see it a 1.35 Gb media update. I understand that it updates the movies and the music to a higher quality, but is the download worth it? Are any of the movies updates to include new content for dropped storylines? I loved the game and played it through in its original release with only minor problems.

There is no restoration of the cut content in those patches. All they do is add better quality to music and to the movies in the game.

IMO it's worth it. Makes playing the game so much better with the nice music quality and watching the movies doesn't make your face go :p but (w00t)

Edited by Darth Kavar

im on the amazingly super duper pooper fast 56k Dial Up and so therefor its impossible for me to get this patch, really i started it and it said 180 hours...im not even going to bother doing the maths on how many days that would be.

so is there any other way i can get these patches? i want both...is there anyone nice enough in the UK to mail me a CD with it on lol :blink:

EDIT - 100th post!!! Awoo!!!!!!

Edited by master_pendrak

im on the amazingly super duper pooper fast 56k Dial Up and so therefor its impossible for me to get this patch, really i started it and it said 180 hours...im not even going to bother doing the maths on how many days that would be.

so is there any other way i can get these patches? i want both...is there anyone nice enough in the UK to mail me a CD with it on lol :ermm:

EDIT - 100th post!!! Awoo!!!!!!

If you're on dial-up then the movies are not worth it - people with ADSL/Cable or whatever broadband should get it anyway (it's not a bad thing - unless you have a slow computer).

However even on dial-up I strongly recommend the music update - it is always playing and you don't skip it like you do with movies. Depending on your ISP and stuff it's worth the overnight download.

Sorry, I live in Australia.

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

With dialup I'm not even going to attempt a file that is in the Gigs. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester