I miss the old days here

Darth Jebus

My stance on DG and the rest of the Bioware staff that I have had dealings with will remain.  They have yet done anything truly innovative nor produced a game worthy of the hype they have given themselves.

In your opinion. My opinions notwithstanding, you can't deny that they are a popular company and have released several solid titles, KOTOR being the latest example. JE got great reviews, but it's financial success status is uncertain from what I've been lead to believe.

Edited by Mothman

Popular doesn't equal good.

True, but if a company or title is that popular, then that usually denotes that there must be something good about them. Millions of people don't buy a game if it's not any good. And the fact remains, Bioware has released a line of successful titles and hasn't achieved its status for no reason.

Edited by Mothman

Millions bought Britney Spear albumns to.

But then again, look at Britney spears now. She's a joke. Nobody takes her seriously. You raise a good point, but you can't necessarily compare an album to a game. But even if you can, millions of people have gotten over Britney Spears and fed her albums to the garbage can. When a game or a company produces several titles that get good reviews, make money, and stick with the fans over a course of time, that's where you have to admit that they're doing something right. I for one loved KOTOR, it exceeded my initial expectations (and that's one reason I was disappointed in K2). K2 was good, but disappointing. It didn't live up to it's predecessor, IMO.

Edited by Mothman

That's fine. But I think it's useful to offer a different stance. I'd like to think that Bio's success owes alot to their earlier passion for making games, since I really enjoyed BG & BG II and can understand the mindset of many fans when they praise Bioware as a company. To this end, I hope that Dragon Age will shape up to be a great game, especially since DG promised that it's a title wherein they're actually going to depart from Bio's plot formulas.

There are doors

That's fine.  But I think it's useful to offer a different stance.  I'd like to think that Bio's success owes alot to their earlier passion for making games, since I really enjoyed BG & BG II and can understand the mindset of many fans when they praise Bioware as a company.  To this end, I hope that Dragon Age will shape up to be a great game, especially since DG promised that it's a title wherein they're actually going to depart from Bio's plot formulas.

I'll believe that when I see it.

And speculating about Nihilus. Actually the old days were rampant with trolls like GoA  :-"

I'm a troll? :p

Wow if I qualified for a troll then so does 99% of the people on this forum, including most of the moderators. :-"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The ironic thing is this "spam" and "off topic" fits perfectly with the original post since it is basically about how the forums used to be.

And this is how the forums used to be. Except back then we actually had a game in development to talk about in between spam. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)