Pixologic Zbrush 2

Kaftan Barlast

I was briefly recommended to check this out by one of my graphis teachers and what Ive seen seems very impressive indeed. Is there anyone out there who has any experience with it? Whats it like? Hows the learning curve? Is there any free tutorials available online?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Edible?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

After watching more demos I dont think Ill be able to NOT get Zbrush, it just seems to be what Id like a 3D program to be and every respectable Studio will be using it or similar programs in a year or two. Its about 400

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ive got the Demo on a CD, Im going to try it when I get home to my apartment. I should be able to get a full version in a couple of weeks.

Wow, watching that head tutorial makes it look so simple. I'll need to give this a try. Right now I use XSI for my modelling as the modelling tools are so much easier than 3DSMax and while Maya was easy as well, I just preferred XSI.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

From the doodles Ive done so far I can say that Zbrush seems to be the fastest and most intuitive 3D program Ive come across. Comparing 3DSmax or Maya with Zbrush is like comparing Architecture with Sculpture.

We're using 3DSmax as our standard program but we can use Maya if we want to, I think Ill abandon trying to learn 3DSmax because modelling is just so much easier and faster with Maya. And thats not because Ive used it more, its because it has a better interface that allows for quicker access to functions. I mean, 3DSmax doesnt even have a quick comand for rotating the view!!

...3DSmax doesnt even have a quick comand for rotating the view!!

Yes it does.

Where/how? The manual and the tutorials neglected to mention any other way than cklicking the rotate icon and doing it that way. There is of course a command for rotating the object (e something) but I just want to be able to rotate the view so I can see what Im doing.

It can be a criptic program.

Ok, select the viewport you want to affect(or already be working in it). Alt+middle mouse button lets you control the angle of the viewport by dragging, though this works best in perspective.

Also the are hotkeys for the diffrent standard views, push 'V' and a little menu pops up at you cursor and you see all the views and their hotkey.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Thankyou, that was actually a source of frustration for me.

Ill do some more Zbrush tutorials when I get home, I have quite a lot of time to spare now that my schedual is less tight but I just cant seem to make myself get as far into it as I want to. If youre lucky, you might get a render or two when i finally get a connection at my apartment.

yeah, the main reason I prefer XSI over 3d max was the difficulty I had in manipulating the space. Rotating the view the way I wanted, and pulling points. I probably just need to figure out how to do it in max, but I haven't been able to so far, so the ability to pull points in relation to the view you're in is one major plus for XSI.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

yeah, the main reason I prefer XSI over 3d max was the difficulty I had in manipulating the space. Rotating the view the way I wanted, and pulling points. I probably just need to figure out how to do it in max, but I haven't been able to so far, so the ability to pull points in relation to the view you're in is one major plus for XSI.

I can understand why you’re saying what you said about 3DSMax.

The trick is to know the keyboard commands; because, not all functions are enabled at install, so not all of you mouse commands will work.

However, once you use the keyboard command, then the function will be available for your mouse as well.

I’ve read through the installed tutorials and sadly they don’t inform you of situations like that when you come to them.

Good Luck

Tsel :*