What type of music?

Petay

Hey all,

Inspired by the Movie thread and the "What Music are you listening to?" thread, it made me curious.

What type/genre is everyone here into? I've noticed a lot of people round here seem to be into the rock/heavier rock genre, but I am wondering in general what type everyone likes. :ermm:

I sometimes listen to a bit of Rock/Metal :( , though i'm not a heavy listener, but I mostly listen to a bit of hip-hop and a bit of Reggae now and again. :thumbsup:

And you? :)

Musical genres are so losely used by people, it really is hard to put things into genres and have other people know what you mean.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think I'm very unlike most folks in this place. My kind of music is mostly electronic. I hate categorizing stuff, so I'll just post my favorite artists:

my top 5 is (in no particular order):

Orbital

Chemical Brothers

Basement Jaxx

The Prodigy

Faithless

other favorites:

Moby

The Orb

Fatboy Slim

Underworld

Aphex Twin

R

Pixies

Frank Black/Catholics

Minutemen

Tom Waits

Velvet Underground

various Surf Rock and Jazz.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think I'm very unlike most folks in this place. My kind of music is mostly electronic. I hate categorizing stuff, so I'll just post my favorite artists:

my top 5 is (in no particular order):

Ah, good idea there Pope, listing favourite artists does sound like a bit better idea, we can make our own judgments on what type of music others like, than having to categorize them into genres someone else doesn't agree with :ermm:.

My top 5 artists would probably be:

Atmosphere

Sage Francis

Placebo

Ben Harper

The Pharcyde

P.S. Faithless is pretty good too :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just found out the joys of Jack Johnson too. He's my kind of guy! :( (In a non-gay kind of way)

There are a few bands I like that run the full range of Genres (except for genres like punk and nu-metal, which suck :thumbsup:"), everything from Country to Soft Rock to 90's Britpop to old-style singers like Sinatra or Billy Joel.

Other than those specific bands, I tend to prefer specific songs over genres. Looking at my Mp3 collection, I've got Acapella songs about Physics, Songs about RPGs, Disney Songs, Corporate theme tunes, Weird Al and a ton of songs from TV adverts which I liked.

A large portion of my music is comedy, satire, and parody, so if I had to pick a specific genre, that would be it.

Oh, and I forgot, I listen to Japanese Pop music too. I can sing along to most of my collection. :(

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I like any genre, from rap to death metal to country n western to light opera ...provided it is done with conviction. I despise any genre done by corporate shills.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm like Wals. I like most stuff, although I tend to go on binges. For instance, I've been on an 80's kick for a while. I can go for rap and even some punk, but I tend to enjoy good ol' rock and roll more than anything. I like country, but cannot take too much of it at any one time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Classical, metal, classical metal, some jazz, contemporative(jungle, etc), soundtracks(borders on electronic/classical) and hiphop from time to time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Here goes, in no particular order, a bunch of crap:

Metallica

Iron Maiden

Guns n' Roses

Aerosmit

The Beatles

Orgy

Disturbed

Godsmack

Evanescence

Eels

Modest Mouse

Pantera

Non-Rap KoRn

Midtown

Blind Guardian

Dashboard Confessional

System of a Down

Straylight Run

Rammstein

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Led Zeppelin

Weezer

Incubus

Staind

Janis Joplin

Black Sabbath

and a ****load of orchestrated movie soundtracks(which I refuse to call classical just because of their instrumentation)

Variety, huh?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Liam Gallagher is of the Back of the Bus school of vocals. :)" :p

In my rather snobbish and arrogant opinion, Oasis were the most overhyped Britpop act. But then, I'm a woefully middle class Brit who preferred Blur, so I might be just a tad biased. :p"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!