Should I switch to the darkside?

Arkan

I think you might want to switch your rhetoric from, "MMOs are great!" to "Eve is great!", because pretty much every negative stereotype about EverQuest and WoW is true. You also may want to consider the possibility that you are a fan of a cult game rather than a new milestone for the genre. I am familiar with the sensation - I liked Fallout, Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment.

<snip>

YEa, I agree with Aquaticbeingshoe, you should consider that change.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've officially switched to the dark side. I've reactivated my COH acct... :"> At least for me it's not much of a difference considering I don't have enough of a life to make a difference... :)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

People keep complaining about the cost of MMO's...that is silly.

I've played in NWN Persistent World communities for years. They are great, and can offer some experiences that I'll never see in a MMO. They can actually limit the player base and keep out the wankers, which is a joy. But...

It doesn't have the stability of a MMO. My character might be corrupted, the servers go down more often, and it relies on many volunteer hours. This is common stuff. It's not common in WoW. WoW is also an entirely different type of game. I don't play it expecting to change the world. I think there are some cool storylines, but I know I won't finish any final boss and feel complete.

I play WoW because I have good companions. I have personal goals I want to accomplish. It keeps me from buying some of the crap games that come out every month. I easily put in enough time to cover the $15 a month I pay. If I felt that time was wasted, I would stop playing, and then I'd cancel my subscription. Someday I will get there, but probably because my companions have gone on the bigger and better pastures. How is that a waste? Do what you enjoy.