Soccer

Delta Truth

Oddly enough our professional men's league (MLS) has been doing well

The stadiums are still largely empty in regular season games. ;)

It is a niche sport. Most start up sports leagues go belly-up in three years. The fact that the MLS is making a profit and continuing to exist when no one gave it a chance to succeed is noteworthy.

Then again, there are NFL games and MLB games with empty stadiums as well.

I love the game. IRL I play left forward and have been trying central midfield holding/distribution role. I try to be creative with passes into space and flicks/lobs/chips when I can and my pace can catch out tubby players. My biggest weakness is I can't head for nuts.

I follow my team on EPL and keep updated on other leagues. Chelsea, Milan, Italy and Holland in that order.

As for the US, it's highly doubtful that they'll win the WC but they should put in a solid performance like they did last time. Outside Freddy Adu I don't know if they have a creative force, but they do have the basics right and organisation.

After seeing what Japan are capable of in the Confed Cup, I'm eager to see how they'll do. Under Zico their short passing is amazing - they manage to find space under the tightest pressuring with one almost perfect one-touch football. They just don't have a striker worthy of their buildup play. They'll struggle to create chances throughout the game and when they do they don't have someone to reliably get shots on target.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I don't hold with knocking Chelski. They do provide some interesting football on occasion. Newcastle for me though. Good team, good fans even if they do beat up mackhams whenever they find them. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't hold out much hope. It depresses me to see what the celebrity of soccer, and teh money has done to the firey young man Owen once was.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think Owen will do quite well at Newcastle since he'll be playing all he can get and people will try to give him the ball more.

Good points.

-Elwood Blues

Lol @ gooners. It's way too early to throw in the towel but Chelsea already have some significant points between them and the rest of the table.

I think that's the difference at Chelsea - get the results first and then build up form will come.

Spreading beauty with my katana.