dark alliance 3

pants_happy

so might do well to copy some of the better parts of DA2.

Huh? Did DA2 have any better parts? I thought it was pretty uniform in its level of suckage. ;)

Well, I don't really know. Just throwing that there. ;)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ah, Hades, you don't like anything. DA wasn't such a bad game. I'd love to see IWD3. If they bought it, I have a feeling they want to put their best into it. Take enough time and get the job done right. It would also make sense to have Sawyer on board for IWD3 since he was a designer for the first two.

I'm not sure what to make of Sawyer, but I'm willing to bet that we could possibly see the best IWD yet if Obsidian has done well enough to take a sufficient amount of time.

If they're planning on announcing IWD3, I think the boards will erupt with some serious mayhem but, now that antimatter and CarzyJoe are back, we have enough folks to keep the mayhem to a minimum.

I for one would be very happy to see IWD3. The first on is one of my favorite games. The second one was a good game I enjoyed quite a bit.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The second one is probably my favorite game ever. Seriously.

Yep, you guessed right; it's getting interesting for me. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That would be too bad. I would rather see a classic RPG set in Icewind Dale. I'm not much for forgotten Realms, but BIS did a good job with it.

I don't mind action RPGs, but we haven't seen a really great party based RPG for a long time. NWN is only party based in multiplayer, and I never got into it. The KotOR series, which is excellent, has a strange way of dealing with the party. It worked, but I'd like something with four to six member party and full control .

If the only games on the horizon will be action RPGs, I'll live with it better than a lot of other people, but it will be a shame nonetheless.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I like many things, Ender, just not POS games that are based on a setting and game rules in name only.  If you are going to make a game based on a setting and rules THEN FREAKING USE THEM!

For once I agree with you.

One could argue that NWN bastardized the D&D rules just as much as BG:DA however.

I'm really hoping that NWN:2 sticks close to the core rules. As far as PNJ goes, it will be an action-RPG so making the action enjoyable is more important that turn-based rules in a real-time setting.

Indeed, I can't think of a single time Vis has liked any game.

As for DA, never played them (don't do consoles... yet. May have no choice. Word on the street is that true crpg's are a thing of the past).

As for IWD3... in recently replaying all the BIS titles (I was nostalgic and took the summer off and well...) I've decided I like IWD better than BG. I like the art/backgrounds better, the music is more to my taste so I wouldn't mind an IWD3 if that's what it turned out to be.

December 2012 - Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online - http://www.winterwind-productions.com

Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

I think the boards will erupt with some serious mayhem but, now that antimatter and crazy.joe are back, we have enough folks to keep the mayhem to a minimum.

I thought crazy.joe was given cement slippers for asking LA where the movie patch was ... ;)

Okay.  Sheesh.

Fallout, Planescape Torment, Fallout 2, Ultima 4, Baldur's Gate 1, Baldur's Gate 2, Ultima 7, Jade Empire, Arcanum, Morrowind.

Happy now?

Ultima ][ was the best Ultima.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

During the 3 months ended June 30, 2005, management (Interplay) entered into a settlement agreement with a developer under which the company was released from $918,000 of accrued royalties. This developer received an exclusive license to a trademark under certain conditions for the purpose of making non massively multiplayer video games.

More than likely Dark Alliance will be continued with Snowblind studios. NOT Obsidian.

Or maybe it was another licence. I don't think Interplay owns any licence that is worth anything anymore? (Except Fallout).

My favorite was probably Ulitma IV. I guess the series is a classic, even if I'm not much of a Garriot fan.

I'd also rather see a final BG:DA game, simply because the last one ended so abruptly. I just don't want OE to make it. IWD3 all the way.

Obsidian Plays