To what music are you listening right now?

Baley

Does it start with a speeding heart pulse, and then a drum intro? If so; it's Chaos AD.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wait a second,you're comparing a DM band to a country singer?

Thrash metal, damn it. Not death metal :blink:

G7S OST

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

You take me seriously again, good sir.

Alex Brandon - Desolation

kirottu said:

Mahler - Symphony No. 5 in C Sharp Minor 4th Movement

DL

C# minor, four sharps: F#, G#, C#, D#. The chords of C# minor are: C# minor, D# diminished, E major F# minor, G# minor, A major, B major.

Thought you could slip that one by me, eh?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Mahler - Symphony No. 5 in C Sharp Minor 4th Movement

DL

C# minor, four sharps: F#, G#, C#, D#. The chords of C# minor are: C# minor, D# diminished, E major F# minor, G# minor, A major, B major.

Thought you could slip that one by me, eh?

You took your sweet time kiddo :shifty:

DL

P.S. I'm listening to Brahms - Hungarian Dance No. 18 in D Major :rolleyes:"

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

D Major: Two sharps: F#, C#. Chords of D Major are: D Major, E minor, F# minor, G Major, A Major, B minor, C# diminished.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

D Major:  Two sharps: F#, C#.  Chords of D Major are: D Major, E minor, F# minor, G Major, A Major, B minor, C# diminished.

Have you ever had concrete use for this kind of knowledge? I'm asking this seriously, as I suspect such knowledge would be more of an obstacle than a tool when composing music.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

I listened to Cake's Motorcade of Generosity album twice yesterday. I like it much more than their recent effort, Pressure Chief. They are just starting to get their sound together and you can tell they're just loving it.

Especially "Jolene."

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I listened to Cake's Motorcade of Generosity album twice yesterday. I like it much more than their recent effort, Pressure Chief. They are just starting to get their sound together and you can tell they're just loving it.

Especially "Jolene."

I have the Fashion Nugget album, which I really like. I also like your avatar!

D Major:  Two sharps: F#, C#.  Chords of D Major are: D Major, E minor, F# minor, G Major, A Major, B minor, C# diminished.

Have you ever had concrete use for this kind of knowledge? I'm asking this seriously, as I suspect such knowledge would be more of an obstacle than a tool when composing music.

It depends on what kind of music you want to compose. It is incredibly easy to compose music if you follow the rules though. Classical/Jazz/Blues/Western "Pop" music and many other genres all use this. If you are doing improvisation then it is incredibly useful also. You can also just say "screw this" and just not follow the rules of music theory and play what you think sounds good. I do both myself. The average person wouldn't really tell the difference. I don't know if I answered your question, or If I have forgotten to mention anything.

Anyone else have any question they would like answered on the topic of music?

I know the basics, meaning I instinctively know things like G major followed by E minor sounding more natural than if it is followed by E major. But if you have deeper knowledge, such as diminished chords in a major key, I'm not entirely sure if that helps or hurts. I suppose you're right, though, that it is useful and something you can try, and if it doesn't work, change it.

I know the basics, meaning I instinctively know things like G major followed by E minor sounding more natural than if it is followed by E major. But if you have deeper knowledge, such as diminished chords in a major key, I'm not entirely sure if that helps or hurts. I suppose you're right, though, that it is useful and something you can try, and if it doesn't work, change it.

Yeah, I guess what I'm trying to say is what it really comes down to is what kind of music you want to compose. The only real reason this stuff is around is because back in the middle ages and then in the 15th century to the 19th century (Just a rough estimate.) you had to follow these rules or else you weren't composing music. Certain intervals and keys were even thought to be "the Devils music". So a lot of this stuff is a guide when composing music, and it is still used a lot because of how easy it is to make a song following these rules. But really it isn't something you need to know really. I really only use it when I get together with a group of people and we just improve.

Edited by thepixiesrock