Dungeon Siege 2

Humodour

:-
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's not the gameplay I'm impressed by.

It's not all that great,I'm not fond of the attunement system nor of the character creation.

Pay attention to the story,it's one of the most interesting I've seen in recent years...

And BL was?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Let's see what my favorite magazine (one of the few making note of KotOR2's Rushed ending) say of Kult

First the score:

59/100

Good start  :-

Now the negative sides of the game:

Costumisation: Name, dress, haircut (not alot)

Too easy

Small maps

Graphically ugly (release: End 2004)

Boring music

No voice-overs except for one storyteller

Extreme loads of bugs

Extreme short

Neutral info:

DS-type-Leveling system (use and you'll get bonusses)

And now the positive:

Story

I assume that's your summary rather than theirs? Honestly, if they can't tell the difference between the "leveling" system in DS and Kult, they shouldn't review genres they obviously can't comprehend. "Extreme loads of bugs" is simply inaccurate and several of the other points are misleading.

What magazine is this?

I tried to play Dungeon Seige, but was bored rather quickly by the constant hack and slash, and thr lack of a real storyline or character development for your sidekicks.

Is DS2 different? Is it less of a wave after wave of enemies experience? Is there no set path that I have to walk, which just happens to go through thousands of enemies? I'd like to hear if it is, because maybe I'll try it.

I tried to play Dungeon Seige, but was bored rather quickly by the constant hack and slash, and thr lack of a real storyline or character development for your sidekicks. 

The storyline in DS2 is slightly better than DS. Not by alot. As for your sidekicks, they actually have dialogue and perk up once in a while, akin to the original BG. Nowhere near the level of BG2 and PS:T, though.

Is DS2 different?  Is it less of a wave after wave of enemies experience?  Is there no set path that I have to walk, which just happens to go through thousands of enemies?  I'd like to hear if it is, because maybe I'll try it.

In these respects, DS2 is no different. It is an action RPG after all.

There are doors

*nostalgic seizures*

kirottu said:

And BL was?

Awesome!

Only Troika game I ever got my hands on, but it was masterful.

Buggy, yes, but only about as much as HL2 was, for me at least.

Sneaking was some of the bestest ever.

Combat was pretty standard shooter fare, with tweaks for the stats (reticle stays in place better with higher perception/firearm stats).

I dunno, it was a really good game, probably in my top five...never was sure why it got knocked so badly.