Obsidian Concept Art Gallery

Nur Ab Sal

No, Interplay exists as a shambling zombie and Interplay sold the rights to Bethesda. Oddly enough, in the deal to sell the Fallout rights to Bethesda, Interplay kept the rights to do a Fallout MMO. Bethesda has the rights to do Fallout sequels on PC, consoles and wireless devices. (Cell phone Fallout games?)

No, Interplay exists as a shambling zombie and Interplay sold the rights to Bethesda.  Oddly enough, in the deal to sell the Fallout rights to Bethesda, Interplay kept the rights to do a Fallout MMO.  Bethesda has the rights to do Fallout sequels on PC, consoles and wireless devices.  (Cell phone Fallout games?)

IIRC, the deal was they sold the rights to Bethesda to develop and publish three Fallout titles (as in Fallout 3, 4 & 5) with full intellectual control of what they were doing with the franchise in those titles.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, we'd better get back to art. Interplay bashing is not only going to get us all in trouble, it's pointless as well.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

No, Interplay exists as a shambling zombie and Interplay sold the rights to Bethesda.  Oddly enough, in the deal to sell the Fallout rights to Bethesda, Interplay kept the rights to do a Fallout MMO.  Bethesda has the rights to do Fallout sequels on PC, consoles and wireless devices.  (Cell phone Fallout games?)

It's the ultimate busines plan! Let Bethesda do all the hard work creating the next FF franchise, then csah in with TEH MMO and link up to everyones wireless organiser/life controller for full Matrix effect!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I would look forward to having some concepts where Kreia and Atris lock into lightsaber fighting.

Kreia - green or purple double-bladed (that was what I saw at the K2 Official Site at LA's homepage)

Atris - blue (single blade is fine by me)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Oh yes, and another thing. The background would be inside the Trayus Core as it was hardly seen in the game. A depiction of these two historians in TSL fighting, with Kreia having both her arms to wield her weapon (of course).

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I take it you don' know what concept art is?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Teehee. I guess so. :p

Vaxen, concept art is art that the designers of a game draw/paint etc, to decide whether they like ideas they have put forward, and general art that depicts what the game will look like. Here's an almost official definition.

It's not requesting for art to be made the way you want :) . Im sure there would probably be someone in one of the art threads willing to do that. ;)

Spot on :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Teehee. I guess so. :lol:

Vaxen, concept art is art that the designers of a game draw/paint etc, to decide whether they like ideas they have put forward, and general art that depicts what the game will look like. Here's an almost official definition.

It's not requesting for art to be made the way you want :x . Im sure there would probably be someone in one of the art threads willing to do that. ;)

Well then, they would have sketches of certain things in the game. I assume that those include those sketches that you see when K2 is being installed.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The only thing about concept art is that it has to be used or related to the game. Once it is released, it is more or less set, can't really change things any further.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

The only thing about concept art is that it has to be used or related to the game. Once it is released, it is more or less set, can't really change things any further.

I really dont mean to be rude here, but.....what's your point? :)

Thats just like saying, once a movie is released in the cinema, theres nothing you can do to change it, which is true

Regarding concept art, much of the art of Bastila left much to be desired, but I personally like this one even though it was used for the K1 Disc 3 image, besides the ones on the discs were single-coloured.

When I first saw a smaller version of this on Disc 3, I thought that that was Bastila flying on a landspeeder which was making a turn towards the right with her just about to jump off the vehicle in executing an upward leap, before finally crashing down onto another person or droid she was fighting with.

starwarsoldrepublic_e3_screen017.jpg

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Actually, I was sniped a few times for that a few days ago, but I decided to leave the Bastila posting as it is. Besides it was hard to link it with my previous one without being able to comment much on it. Single postings have been deleted before. (Can post it somewhere else much later after someone has replied, otherwise what I have posted so far has been usual)

Here's another drawing. (except it looks a bit different from the others as some of the lines are more between black and white than colour)

knights_screen025.jpg

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I am contemplating the idea that the posting with that one drawing might have been a general idea of Yavin IV, except that the moon was reddish yellow instead of blue. It can't be the Ebon Hawk in Davik's estate as the ship is not in the picture.

Here's another picture of Bastila, a not-so-aggressive impression:

kotor_screen064.jpg

Deep from within...

朱宣澧