Revenge of the Sith

EnderAndrew

Well, somebody did say something about a crisis in the movie industry... :thumbsup:"

Looking at their world ranking list http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/ is really depressing (although I'm glad to see Finding Nemo there).

It makes it look like an impossible task to create quality and be economically successful at the same time :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I heard they were going to do a big set of all six movies. If this is wrong, tell me so I can just go buy the original trilogy already.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't know that the six-movie version will be any different from the two three-movie box sets.

No doubt the movies will be rereleased on some high-def DVD format like Blue-Ray eventually, but I love the Original Trilogy boxed set. The Empire of Dreams documentary is great, and the movies look and sound incredible.

There are some new tweaks, both good and bad.

I don't know that the six-movie version will be any different from the two three-movie box sets.

No doubt the movies will be rereleased on some high-def DVD format like Blue-Ray eventually, but I love the Original Trilogy boxed set.  The Empire of Dreams documentary is great, and the movies look and sound incredible.

Yeah, my dad bought the set so I saw the documentary there. I had no idea Lucas had actually contributed that much to modern filmmaking. Too bad he jumped the shark in the early 80s.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, my dad bought the set so I saw the documentary there. I had no idea Lucas had actually contributed that much to modern filmmaking. Too bad he jumped the shark in the early 80s.

Yes, he was a pioneer whose contributions can not be overlooked. He was always bad with dialogue. He allowed others to step in and write scripts (and direct) on Empire and Jedi. Too bad he didn't do the same with the prequels or why might have gotten better films.

The Young Indy films were supposedly quite good though I didn't see them.

Yes, he was a pioneer whose contributions can not be overlooked. He was always bad with dialogue. He allowed others to step in and write scripts (and direct) on Empire and Jedi. Too bad he didn't do the same with the prequels or why might have gotten better films.

The Young Indy films were supposedly quite good though I didn't see them.

I think Lucas is one of those people who is great at coming up with ideas, but has no idea how to flesh them out or execute them properly. As part of a team he would be unstoppable, unfortunately he wants to do everything himself, and thats his weakness.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I heard they were going to do a big set of all six movies. If this is wrong, tell me so I can just go buy the original trilogy already.

I think that would be pretty cool IMO, since i dont actually own any of them at the moment, but im sure all six movies would be hella-expensive :lol:

Guest Fishboot

You guys should look at an inflation adjusted all-time box office chart. Here's a hint: Gone with the Wind is at #71 on this non-adjusted chart, with 400 million dollars worldwide... in 1939 dollars.

No doubt the movies will be rereleased on some high-def DVD format like Blue-Ray eventually, but I love the Original Trilogy boxed set.  The Empire of Dreams documentary is great, and the movies look and sound incredible.

That's the pattern.

Release the films individually. Then as a box set. Then as a new format box set, re-mastered and some "Director's Cut" special edition.

Then release the entire sextology in the new format, re-remastered with holographic memory core and virtual girls that pop out of the tv and give you a lap dance ...

The point is that the product is turned into a series of revenue-generating events, that can be hyped individually, and the later products are better (if you like GL control-freak-tweakery) than the earlier.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

How about a Special Edition Directors Cut Remastered with Alien Hoes and Hidden Features Box Set? - "SEDCRAHHFBS"? Would Lucas dare it? :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

How about a Special Edition Directors Cut Remastered with Alien Hoes and Hidden Features Box Set? - "SEDCRAHHFBS"?  Would Lucas dare it? :thumbsup:

For some reason i expect you'll be able to find that somewhere on the net ;)" .

P.S. The abbreviated name sounds like some kind of medical condition :wub:

"'Titanic' being at the top of the list is proof that popularity doesn't always denote quality. It was one of the most over-rated movies ever made, IMO. "

Titantic was a great movie. It had greta acting, great writing, greta atmosphere, greta everything. It also has some of the most memorable, most poignant, most sad scenes of all times.

In essence, besides the money it has made, it is eaisly the most underrated movie ever. It simply gets bashed because it so popular and so damn good.

It's eaisly top 5 movie of all time quality wise, if not #1. Sure beats Casawhina to be sure.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Dear Mister Volo, I thought you could do better than that? Such an obvious baiting is really beneath you dignity as senior troll of the fora.

;)"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Titantic was a great movie. It had greta acting, great writing, greta atmosphere, greta everything. It also has some of the most memorable, most poignant, most sad scenes of all times.

For truly greta acting: Link. :D

I watched Titanic in a cinema in Japan surrounded by 100+ teenage girls. When the Leonardo DiCaprio character fell off his raft and disappeared down into the depths, a hundred noses sniffled and a hundred voices moaned 'Leo! Leo!'. I wanted to laugh out loud, but knew that if I did, I might not make it out of the building alive. :ph34r:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)