morrowind noob help

Walsingham

True, true. I was frightened by the inordinate amounts of various ingredients, and as a result collect alchemy things only to pretty up my stronghold. Now Tel Uvirith has the Corridor of Glowing Magical Scrolls. :-

Also interesting is the fact that if you use right-click and access potions through the inventory, you can down an unlimited number of them in a fraction of a second, the visual effect of which is akin to every flashy explosion in Star Wars combined into a single, suddenly almighty being. :o

True, true. I was frightened by the inordinate amounts of various ingredients, and as a result collect alchemy things only to pretty up my stronghold. Now Tel Uvirith has the Corridor of Glowing Magical Scrolls. :)

Also interesting is the fact that if you use right-click and access potions through the inventory, you can down an unlimited number of them in a fraction of a second, the visual effect of which is akin to every flashy explosion in Star Wars combined into a single, suddenly almighty being. :huh:

I noticed this also. I have magic items to do most useful things, hence no potions. However, I do always drink any I find. No matter what the circumstances.

As an aside, almost, constant effect endurance restoring pantaloons are the most useful thing in the entire world. You can run and fight constantly without ever getting tired.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

True, true. I was frightened by the inordinate amounts of various ingredients, and as a result collect alchemy things only to pretty up my stronghold. Now Tel Uvirith has the Corridor of Glowing Magical Scrolls. :*

Also interesting is the fact that if you use right-click and access potions through the inventory, you can down an unlimited number of them in a fraction of a second, the visual effect of which is akin to every flashy explosion in Star Wars combined into a single, suddenly almighty being. :*

If you're playing a mage, the only potions you'll need are Restore Magicka and Levitate (for those times you're caught offguard and can't cast it without being smacked around)

SPOILER post BAD SPOILERS

I've been playing as a legion-bound full-fledged agent of the Empire. Yes I occasionally help myself to the goods of the Emperor's subjects, but essentially I am good. Direct taxation notwithstanding.

Anyway, I get to the crucial 'You are the Nevarine' sequence, and I have two problems:

1) Crushing tedium

I have never ever ever played any sequence of quests less entertaining than plodding around talking to the various councillors of the Great Houses. Some of them are not just inaccesible, but hard to find. Why could they not have convened somewhere central and had some more interesting diplomatic shenanigans. Huge potential totally missed. Also, the huge-hoopla ring of Nevarar or whatever is less effective than a good 1000 drake bribe.

2) I DON'T WANT TO THROW OUT THE FOREIGNERS FROM MORROWIND.

I have been roleplaying as a fanatical servant of the Emperor. What I ought to be doing is chucking out Dagoth Ur, and then leading my besotted minions into some sort of massive trap, with the connivance of the Imperial Generals. So the Empire can take a more solid hold of the province.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I didn't get bothered that much by all the walking, especially now I have my Traq'ee bottoms. I DID have to bring a book to the desk, but I got to catch up on some reading. Besides there was always the chance you'd run into something cool.

I do object to such a huge missed opportunity, and to them not having anything substantive to reward me when I got the the locations. Most of them I just had to turn up and they were on side. Meaning the only test involved was being able to withstand tedium!

-Elwood Blues

Guest Fishboot

To make travel less boring, thou shalt:

1) Have a very fast and fun method of foot travel. The standard solution is to wear the Boots of Blinding Speed, obtainable from a character named Pemenie near Caldera and Hla Oad, which is what meta was talking about. The boots inflict a blinding effect along with a massive speed buff. To prevent the blinding effect, cast a Resist Magicka spell as you put them on or have some source of continuous Resist Magika - there is a Cuirass in Divayth Fyr's tower which can do it. My personal favorite method of rapid foot travel is to enchant a suit of clothing and an Ebony Staff with the Jump and Feather Fall spells which will allow you to flea jump very entertainingly - nothing like hopping on top of the Ghost Fence from a flat-footed start.

2) Learn the fast travel network.

3) Know good points to use the Almsivi and Divine Intervention spells, as well as the Mark/Recall spell. They make travel immensely faster when used properly.

4) Use a faq to find all of the Propylon Indices, or install the Master Index official quest plugin off of the Elder Scrolls site. This will give you another set of fast travel hubs, to the 8 (I think?) ancient dunmer fortresses.

Using the above nowhere was ever much further away from me than a minute or two.

As far as roleplaying, I thought pretty much the same thing as you - I wanted to be a pure Imperial agent, but I never ran into anything that made me think "I'm hurting Imperial interests". Becoming Hortator can involve killing an awful lot of native Dunmeri power structure and even when you're serving Dunmer interests you're serving Imperial ones too, esp. with regard to the Sixth House. Also consider getting the Bloodmoon expansion, which can be a fun distraction from all the Dunmer stuff and has a pretty self-contained plot with a narrower focus than the original game.

Right, finished the main arc this evening. A bit 'meh', really.

1. The fight with Dagoth Ur. Only interesting point was when I walloped him and he flew off the platform we were duelling on. he only reappeared when I was damn good and ready and started bashing the Heart.

2. The change in sky was a very nice touch, when leaving the fortress.

3. I went around afterwards, settling scores. The unbelievably irritating ashlander chief with the Emelda Marcos fetish for shoes got pulped into tiny tiny pieces.

4. Vivec got smushed, also. Because he annoyed me. His unique dwemer artifact got taken to the Last living dwarf and turned (with teh aid of some 'certain' journals into a second Wraithguard gauntlet. It goes on your otehr hand, so you have TWO!

5. Nobody in the Legion seemed that bothered about the Empires trials or tribulations. It did occur to me that an obvious mod would be to have a possibility of returning to Cyrodiil.

-Elwood Blues

Right, finished the main arc this evening. A bit 'meh', really.

This is the general consensus, yes.

4. Vivec got smushed, also. Because he annoyed me. His unique dwemer artifact got taken to the Last living dwarf and turned (with teh aid of some 'certain' journals into a second Wraithguard gauntlet. It goes on your otehr hand, so you have TWO!

Did you collect his soul? The most powerful in the game, but you need to have a special soul gem to hold it.

Killing Vivec and getting Wraithguard 2 is the backdoor to completing the main arc. You can screw up the main quests and kill everyone in the game except the Dwemer and yet still complete it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think I would play it again. But not for a while. And I'm going to cheat and use foreknowledge of the travel network. Probably go completely the other way and be a monk or something. Not having any armour or weapons should be amusing.

Incidentally, a great way to boost your armour skill is to find a mage who is only fighting with his fists and just stand around while he batters you.

-Elwood Blues

No dice, Meta.

Incidentally, I just downloaded the Lilarcor mod. He was the talking sword from BG2. I won't spoil the surprise, but it is a lot better than you'd expect.

I have begun fiddling with the mod engine. No idea how to get it to work yet.

-Elwood Blues

This is the sort of thing that entertains me, though. Understanding the mechanics of the underlying game, and finding a way to beat it. (My own continual Kobe Oshimaru, if you will ...)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Actually I meant I couldn't get the link to work. :">

-Elwood Blues

It wants to download a (very big) DivX-compressed movie file (30+MB), which is the fifteen minute journey of a brand n00bi3 killing Dagoth'Ur. Without cheating. So you will have to allow pop-ups / download content (open in a new window might work better).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Viva la n00b, baby! :D

-Elwood Blues

Guest Fishboot

Short version of the movie: The guy spends about ten of the fifteen minutes mixing potions. Since the strength of your potions ia partially determined by your Intelligence stat, and it's possible to make potions of boost intelligence, and you can purchase the ingredients for that potion in bulk, you can set up a feedback loop of boosted intelligence up to the point that your potions become essentially permanent and massively powerful. So after maxing intelligence this guy makes a few other permanent potions: restore fatigue and life, probably boost strength, etc. Then he goes and

gets Sunder - he can survive the damage it causes because the restore life potion is so powerful

- and from there you know how to beat the game.

Other fun ways to abuse alchemy: Almost any potion that can be made with cheap ingredients will sell for much more than its cost, so alchemy is one of the easy infinite money sources in MW.

Out of interest, and out of having nothing to add to the thread; why the name 'Fishboot'?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You can do better than that, oh lord Baley.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Short version of the movie: The guy spends about ten of the fifteen minutes mixing potions. Since the strength of your potions ia partially determined by your Intelligence stat, and it's possible to make potions of boost intelligence, and you can purchase the ingredients for that potion in bulk, you can set up a feedback loop of boosted intelligence up to the point that your potions become essentially permanent and massively powerful. So after maxing intelligence this guy makes a few other permanent potions: restore fatigue and life, probably boost strength, etc. Then he goes and

gets Sunder - he can survive the damage it causes because the restore life potion is so powerful

- and from there you know how to beat the game.

Thanls. I can probably survive without seeing that.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)