How to Use The Special Attacks

They all do have an effect.

For example, Ataru adds +2 to attack, but also subtracts 2 from defence for many enemies; Soresu adds attack against blasters, and blaster bolt deflection for defence, etc. (See here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>] and here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>].)

They would be even more use if the BAB wasn't so munchkin (see the link here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>] for BAB and here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>] for further discussions on feats, and Darth Frog's excellent musings and metrics on combat wherever he does them, especially here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>], here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>]; also the Developer Kone's explanation here [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>] ).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To tell you the truth, Shien actually goes help your PC deflect blaster bolts better. I think that's the right one. Or is is Soresu? Which ever one it is for blaster bolt deflection.

Both are good for BBD. Shien is better for offense, while Soresu is better for defense. You'll incur a -5 defense penalty when using Shien, even though your BBD abilities are enhanced, and will do more damage with a critical strike.

Soresu really doesn't have any disadvantages, except for a reduced critical threat range, while improving your overall defense.

I think we would have appreciated the forms more if they actually had different sets of animations, so we could see a visual difference. We probably don't pay much attention to how the numbers coming up to represent damage are changing.

Exactly what I was thinking about (w00t)

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never really understood the numbers of the game...

Well, the numbers are what the DM usually works out. They are nothing more than probability scores multiplied out into the game environment (chance to hit, chance to do critical damage, chance to resist an effect).

Otherwise it would just be random, which would mean a Lagreik might kill your level 30 PC.

"d20" refers to the twenty-sided dice. Don't get too worried about the weird shape of the die; just remember that it creates random numbers from one to twenty, inclusive. These are blocks of five-percentile statistical groups (since 100 divided by twenty equals five per centum).

So if the PC needs a "fifteen to hit", that is fifteen multiplied by five, which equates to exactly 75%.

See?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wish the forms offered some animations - like Form III deflecting away while Form V deflects bolts back, Form IV with crazy jumping, or Form VII with some stronger looking blows or more grace in Form II.

Combat is too easy, so I really just stick Form III on ASAP and leave it on. And give my sabres +BBD.

Engaging blaster enemies is fun (solo). Stand still, and I just press the flourish weapon for fun and watch as I am impervious to blaster fire.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the only thing is that one character won't be able to learn all the forms.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Yeah, its just not possible

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

• 11 months later...