"Post Mortem: KotOR2" at Game Developer Mag

u know the cover, hit the link  magazine go to page on the top, go to page 30 - 31 and you'll see a Jedi. A jedi who looks like christians/catholics stereotypical jesus

I was going to say, most people know by now Jesus was black

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guest MacleodCorp
Why pay 100 dollars on a game you trash on the internet? Shouldn't you have returned it by now?

That would have been the intelligent thing to do. But apparently he chose instead to keep the game and complain about it with snide comments for 9 months.

Come on, you expect too much logic from some of these people. Why return a game and get their money back when they can spend month after month complaining about a game?

Actually, I returned one out of the two games. I returned the XBox version, so I can get a novel. I never once questioned your intellegence, and I have no intention to do so. I made more positive comments than negative ones. However, I will repectfully take a conservative approach to my postings.

Actually, I returned one out of the two games. I returned the XBox version, so I can get a novel. I never once questioned your intellegence, and I have no intention to do so. I made more positive comments than negative ones. However, I will repectfully take a conservative approach to my postings.

Huh? You bought two versions of a game you think is buggy and incomplete? Then you complain about being ripped off? o:)

Why would you buy TWO versions of something you obviously don't hold high regards for?

And hey, maybe I shouldn't have made some comments I did. Feel free to bash the game. My main concern is that you not include "we" in your posts, because you certainly don't speak for me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest MacleodCorp

Huh? You bought two versions of a game you think is buggy and incomplete? Then you complain about being ripped off? ;)

Why would you buy TWO versions of something you obviously don't hold high regards for?

And hey, maybe I shouldn't have made some comments I did. Feel free to bash the game. My main concern is that you not include "we" in your posts, because you certainly don't speak for me.

I bought one for a relative, and he had mixed feelings about the game. Since I am too busy, I never got the chance to retuirn it. Up until a few days ago, I had two versions. I actually like parts of the game, and I enjoy modding it. There are somethings, which I wish were better, but I will live with it. When I used the word "WE", it was completely a mistake. I have several conversations going online at once, and some times I create crossed messages.

When I read this article, I started to see contradictions. I should not have posted my opinion in this thread or in these forums. It is good to see that they will learn from their mistakes...

Why did that entire exchange between you two seem meaningless to me? ;)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Huh? You bought two versions of a game you think is buggy and incomplete? Then you complain about being ripped off? ;)

I bought one for a relative, and he had mixed feelings about the game. Since I am too busy, I never got the chance to retuirn it. Up until a few days ago, I had two versions. I actually like parts of the game, and I enjoy modding it. There are somethings, which I wish were better, but I will live with it. When I used the word "WE", it was completely a mistake. I have several conversations going online at once, and some times I create crossed messages.

When I read this article, I started to see contradictions. I should not have posted my opinion in this thread or in these forums. It is good to see that they will learn from their mistakes...

Not big on sticking to your guns are a you!!!!!

I've never seen such a quick turn around.

I have never seen a character look less like any iconography of Jesus Christ!  ;)

Nah. Open the link to the article itself (I don't think you can hotlink it). They did a really nice parody of the original "Star Wars" poster replacing Vader with Nihilus, Leia with Mira, and Luke with the bearded Obi-Wan-ish Exile ... who looks positively Christlike.

Oh, that one? I thought they were doing an Obi-Wan homage!

Not big on sticking to your guns are a you!!!!!

I've never seen such a quick turn around.

Dying ain't much of a livin' boy. (Cookie for correct id: film or actor ...)

:p

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm pretty sure thats the dirty dozen, but maybe it was the guns of the magnificent seven

But my heart says, The Outlaw Josey Wales meaning its Clint

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well it seems like my cookie was lost, lost like........

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"

This ones pretty easy

Well it seems like my cookie was lost, lost like........

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"

This ones pretty easy

*Cookie* (Outlaw Josey Wales, though you certainly had a few goes at it; you obviously have taste if you can identify Clint's Josey, so you win on aggregate.:()

That's Rutger Hauer in Bladerunner, just before the replicant dies, talking to Harrison Ford's Decker ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yep, *returns cookie*

Ya, I always like the story Harrison Ford tells about how if he thought if he did it bad enough, they wouldn't put it in, and they did anyway

I never heard that! He was right, though, the voice-over totally ruined the film and made it into a kindergarten play. Reminds me of the story about Cecil B Demille, who wanted to change the film to the Eight Commandments ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, I can understand them a bit. They wanted to make a game for the Kotor fans that was bigger, more challenging and with a better story. They failed in all 3 in my opinion, but (maybe) only because of the amount of time they got to make the game. They realised too late that it was too much to do in such a short amount of time. Still, they made mistakes. And now hope they don't fall to the Darkside again. (that's possible, isn't it?)

Better to be overambitious and cut back than underambitious and have a short, flat game.

I think it might be a while before they take on another game with such a short period for development.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

i think the article is great. it explains many things asked about in this forum. the whole article should be locked on top on the technical forum. people should know about obsidians intentions and mistakes.

nevertheless, lucasarts still is in big need of asskicking.

or asslicking. if that's what turns them on.

i think the article is great. it explains many things asked about in this forum. the whole article should be locked on top on the technical forum. people should know about obsidians intentions and mistakes.

It certainly deserves to be widely read. On the other hand, it might be too balanced for Obsidian to want to make a big thing about it - when you're trying to sell a game, you want people to read things that are unflinchingly positive. So a link from the home page or a sticky might be a bit much to ask, but you never know.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)