RPGs in Production

EnderAndrew

Were you hoping for an open-ended game still Karka?

Perhaps you start out as a lowly underling pirate and work your way up?

Or would you prefer a game with a more strict story line?

How would you make it RPGish?

Mmm. I think an open ended and non-linear piracy rpg would be great. In fact a prpg must be non-linear and open ended i think. Because there are no paths on sea :lol:

But i don't say "no" for a good story.

I'm craving a good pirate RPG.

Pirates! is a boring and repeative game. It is not an RPG also.

NWN has a premium module that has pirates. :D

In that module you can walk under the sea... :)

In fact i'm not looking for a fantasy and piracy hibrid rpg. I don't wanna cast spell with my pirate :)

centinexx.png

It will be interesting to see how Jade Empire 2 takes over from the original JE. K2 had its flaws, but Bioware has been making sequels in the form of expansions for original games.

Will keep an eye out for JE 2 and see what happens.

Some links for Jade Empire 2:

IGN: Jade Empire Trailers, Videos and Movies

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 3 weeks later...
That remains to be seen.  If there is magic and "supernatural powers" involved it goes back in the fantasy pile.

Did you read the article from gamespot that I linked in that Mass Effect thread? It sounded like they're going to have sorta cybernetic implant-type ability, which I assume will provide the "magic" ability.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No. Space is. It's overrated. Fantasy can never be overused. period.

Too many RPGs don't take the trouble to put an interesting spin on the fantasy or space setting, leading to a feeling of their being overused. Gothic 2 was a good example of a game that just felt to me to be too generic. Looking down that list, I could suggest others. The Star Wars setting is getting that way, as the Star Trek one did before it. Since this new movie Serenity is very successful, perhaps we can expect an RPG based on that universe in the near future. If that turns out to be PNJ, I'd be happy.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Too many RPGs don't take the trouble to put an interesting spin on the fantasy or space setting, leading to a feeling of their being overused.  Gothic 2 was a good example of a game that just felt to me to be too generic.  Looking down that list, I could suggest others.  The Star Wars setting is getting that way, as the Star Trek one did before it.  Since this new movie Serenity is very successful, perhaps we can expect an RPG based on that universe in the near future.  If that turns out to be PNJ, I'd be happy.

Settings....we need more "no magic" settings. MCA's high school RPG idea sounds good.

I personally would love to play a game where I start as a final year student in the Harvard MBA program, then I accept a job in a prominent New York brokerage firm. After about a year, I decide to buy a car. I actually go down to the Ferrari dealership and haggle with guy over a price.

I wine and dine clients, get hit on by client's wives, and otherwise have all kinds of distractions and temptations that such a world presents.

Then, after about 20 hours into the game, I realize that I am a brainwashed secret agent for some cabal trying to take over the world, etc....

I'd so play that if it were a indie game. For million moolah budget rpgs, I want fantastic settings and ear/eyecandy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering that too. But Ender isn't posting anymore, so somebody has to start a new thread in order to update the existing list.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds