New Might & Magic game unveiled at GC?

funcroc

Don't get me wrong, I trust Dan(and Saam to an extent), but I want an rpg set in the rather original dungeon world of Arx, not an fps set in a setting which interests me nil.

Er, what do we know about the setting? DN says it will be a M&M game in name only, which, to me, gives a good reason to believe that Arkane might very well be developing something as atmospheric and refreshing as the world of Arx.

I get it, but as M&M(excet Heroes) doesn't interest me by default, I'm still more interested in Arx. Mainly because we have some kind of gist of what's Arx going to be like. We know next to nothing about this new M&M. I hold my stance till new definite info comes out.

Postaisit useammin. T
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Irrelevant.  Same bloody publisher and my beef was the publisher's fault.

Every major publisher has released bad RPGs. Trying so hard to remember what happened to single game years ago isn't very clever, so you might want to come up with a better opinion.

Ooh, I can see Dhruin. This might be interesting.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

RPGDot newsgeeks are always welcome.

kirottu said:

I don't know DigitalNight, so I'll reserve further judgement until I see the details. The press release couldn't be less interesting, however, other than the ridiculous wording.

I have reason to think it is unlikely there will be an Arx2, so don't hold your breath.

Irrelevant.  Same bloody publisher and my beef was the publisher's fault.

Every major publisher has released bad RPGs. Trying so hard to remember what happened to single game years ago isn't very clever, so you might want to come up with a better opinion.

It wasn't because it was a bad CRPG. That fault lies with Stormfront which I don't buy games from anyways. Its that Installation bug that destroyed people's OS' if they had Norton's Antivirus installed. That sort of f*ck up is unforgivable.

Hades is above and beyond such human concepts as rationality and logic. Don't question him.

kirottu said:

Well, I wasn't interested in this.. Until I noticed the two magic words "Source" and "Arkane" in (almost) the same sentence.

I was hoping for Arx Fatalis 2 (as they said it would take place above ground too, this time around), but I will settle for Dark Messiah. Any RPG using the Source engine gets my interest. At least until the first RPGs using the Unreal 3 engine starts appearing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm happy to get a chance to play it. I like FPSs and I like RPGs and I love the Might and Magic franchise. It's all good.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I resent that statement!

Well, Chaos Theory is an exception.

kirottu said:

They are well polished.

The first two games have decent narratives, had virtually flawless releases for the XBOX and PC, and secured excellent voice talent and had interesting gameplay.

Pandora Tomorrow created one of the most ingenious ideas for its multiplayer.

Chaos Theory is built on a fantastic engine, with a superb narrative, fantastic voice acting on the parts of all players. It also eliminated the flaws from the other games, gave Sam his knife, and provided coop. They also evolved the competitive multiplayer by adding coop moves and all in all trying to address the weak points of the game.

Chaos Theory is almost like three games, if I can blatantly steal an opinion from the Penny Arcade crew. I have only really played the single player, but I have heard from any people the co-op and multiplayer versus are almost like standalone games themselves in how different they play. I guess in co-op, the game is fairly lengthy and it depends heavily on team communication.

I like that they didn't just assume multiplayer would be deathmatch, or a co-op of the campaign.

At first I was a bit disappointed when I saw that there was only 4 missions for coop mode.

However, after playing the first mission for two hours I realized that it's still a decent amount of gameplay.

It's not perfect, but hot damn is it fun. I like going through trying to be the super spy that no one knows was even there, as well as the more assassin type.

Difficult to say what the M&M game will be like. But the press release they mentioned that it will more like an ACTION game with rpg elements. Like M&M Crusader, or the upcoming Hellgate: London. If it really is then the game has not enuff rpg for me. But only time will tell.

Had hoped they develop Arx2 with the source engine. But oh well...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99050

I can say, though, that this is the game that the Arx core team, along with Purah, Mike Ryan, and the SS2 Rebirth guy (Blutch) have been working on, with Randy Smith consulting and Kemal (did audio on Thief/SS2/Arx, now at Floodgate) doing audio work.

And these chaps would sure hate to be stuck working on a FPS.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/viewpage.php?id=1123204009

Let me say something about Arkane. They have turned down a very lucrative deal to make a new game in an RPG series that is bigger and more dear to them than M&M, because the publisher wanted them to make it an action game, and not an RPG. This is a very important point and I want you all to seriously consider it. Do you really believe that Arkane would then turn around and accept the same deal from Ubisoft, to turn M&M into an action game? I really, really don

Purah is my hero(legendary mission maker for Thief), but goddamn I so wanted to get a new Arx.

kirottu said:

Sure, but I've sort of waited it for some time now. Just disappointed.

kirottu said:

• 2 weeks later...