NHL is back

Cantousent

Can you pick and choose or is it just one row you can take. The Ruutu line is good because Hecht, Robataille, and Yzerman are all solid. Personally I like the Czerkawski line, lots of speed there. If you can pick and choose I'd say

Ruutu, Hecht, Czerkawski, Frolov, and Morrow

I'd probably go with Langkow in the first box.

He's a solid player, and will be playing on a line with Iginla and Amonte.

Third one? I dunno....Malone? Though I doubt he'll get the minutes this year. I'd probably go with Morrow (assuming it's Brendan Morrow), and then...hmmmmm...Brunette?

Thanks for the help. To answer your question Hurlshot you pick one player from each line. I think Langkow is probably going to end up in my pool, but my gut tells me to pick Marc Savard. I think Ruutu is going to break out this season, and Robataille and Yzerman are just too plain old to put up great numbers.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hey Alanschu if both Dvorak and Morow are in the lineup tonight let me know who played a better game. I plan on listening to the game, but I'll be watching the Leafs and Sens at the same time. Have a good time and try not to drink too much beer while you're there.

And don't forget about our Bill Guerin deal!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

No Dvorak, but Morrow played decently. He wasn't playing with what I expect to be Mike Modano and Bill Guerin though. I'd probably pick him for that alone.

I liked Staios' game. He took care of business in his own end, and I noticed him pinching up for scoring opportunities on more than one occassion.

Pisani, Torres, and Reasoner all played well together. Pisani and Torres came away with three points each to prove it :D

Conklin got off to a weak start, although I don't blame the second goal on him as the Oilers team let a Dman pinch up uncontested right into the slot for Morrow to set him up from behind the net. Conklin never had a chance.

A lot of rust in this game, as well as young players. I liked the Calgary game a bit more, and it seems as though there's an entire concourse down below reserved for Lower Bowl tickets. Punks get nice cushioned seating and a full bar, and get to watch the Oilers come out of the dressing room. Now I know what I'm missing HAHA. Although for the most part it WAS cool sitting that close, the fact that we were behind the penalty box made it difficult to see plays in the corner. Still, it was cool encouraging the guys as they came out of the penalty box. I would have heckled some Dallas players, but at the time it we were losing 3-0 :)

I did feel that Rita played a much better game this time around however. It's going to be tough filling out those last few roster spots.

I fell asleep on the couch during the Ottawa/Toronto game. I heard the first two Dallas goals go in then thought 'a nap might not be so bad'. Then about an hour later I woke up to Rod Phillips, God bless his heart, screaming at the top of his lungs. I think that Phillips guy is cool.

The Oilers website has a nice interview up in the media section.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Phillips = cool.

I read a Dallas fan that listened to the game over the Internet comment on how he was surprised that he referred to the Dallas player's by name.

I love Rod Phillips. I still remember his classic line that was used in ads, but I also heard it live.

"OH MY WHAT A SAVE BY TOMMY SALO!!! THE FIRST ONE WAS PHENOMENAL, THE SECOND ONE WAS DIABOLICAL!!!"

5-2.. And the Leafs are going to be facing Ottawa for like a hundred times more this season. Woo. Well, I hope it was just rust and.. uh.. hangovers or something.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have to disagree with you, Hurlshot. I remember in 03/04 watching the Rangers tearing it up during the preseason. Then we all know what happened in October. They openend up a can of suck and never looked back.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well, I know that the last time the Leafs met Ottawa during the preseason, they met each other three times. Ottawa won all three. As long as the Leafs keep winning over Ottawa in the play-offs, I'm quite satisfied.

I did want to smack the bonehead that asked MacTavish if he was going to let lose Hemsky this year and let him play his type of game.

Yeah, MacT is just going to let Hemsky do whatever he wants out there. Like that wouldn't work wonders for team chemistry :lol:

I don't think Datsyuk is a bad kid. I think he ended up in a situation beyond his control. But in the end I'm sure he'll want to come back to the NHL, even if Detroit can't afford him. There are plenty of teams out there who would kill for a player of his caliber.

Translated from Rushockey:

Yesterday, Soviet Sport correspondent gave Pavel Datsyuk a phone call, who declared that he flatly refuses to let the PHL