NHL is back

Cantousent

Yeah, the those hits of Stevens are deadly.. Especially the Kariya one ouch...

I loved the old Whalers too ... I kinda suspected Francis would retire after playing with the leafs.... Doesn't everyone :p"

Also Oilers fans on this board should be happy and flames fans not so much(me) :D

To quote sportsnet "Captain Canada is staying put in Edmonton."

well at least he came back down to reasonable expectations.. Its a 2 yr deal for 7 million.

Perhaps when his contract is done and he'll be unrestricted he can play with Iginla for cheap :sorcerer:

I wish the NHL would change the rules of the Allstar Game so that it was "Every Man For Himself" and have 4 pucks in play. Man, that'd be great, there would be few survivers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

So.. Leafs played an intra-squad game last night. Allison couldn't start because of hip problems. Great. Lindros could start, but was sent flying into the boards by rookie Staffan Kronwall, who later said 'he held back' because he knew it was Lindros and didn't want to give him another concussion.

Oh yeah, this season looks GREAT for the Leafs!!1! I'm sure Allison is just getting ready for his place in the medical ward and if Lindros is flattened during the first day of training camp by a swedish rookie, what could possibly go wrong?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

^ As probably the only other Leafs fan on these boards, I say, "Patience Grasshopper." :wub:

Lindros gets crunched? Big deal.

Lindros wasn't concerned about the hit, and he wasn't hurt by it. Allison was back on the ice the next day. As we chuckle over the fact that Forsberg's surgery and missing training camp are likely a prelude of what is to come for Philly fans, I'd put Allison's minor hip agravation down to being a little rusty. And besides, it's training camp, not opening game of the playoffs.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Looks like Oct.5 is the date for Ilya Kovalchuk

That would be the date of his first Russian club game, can't play in the NHL this season if he plays in that game

According to the Augusta Chronicle, Kovalchuk and the Thrashers are no closer to a deal and he is willing to play in Russia if they can't come to terms. If he plays for his Russian club team after Oct. 5, Kovalchuk would need to clear waivers before returning to the NHL.

Great game. Rexall would have absolutely exploded if Pronger had scored (which he did in the Joey Moss game). Wow it was loud.

But Schremp was easily the best player on the ice for both teams. Had Sauve continued his play and not been swapped out midway through the second, he probably would have been a star too.

I felt Calgary for the most part was outplayed, and they even failed to convert on 3 separate 5-3 powerplays. But it's not the full Calgary team, so I'm not going to hold it against them. A team with Iginla is automatically way better on the powerplay.

I was also impressed with Laraque. He was very active, and even FAST (?!?!?!). He played a very physical game, was actively forechecking (and often still the first backchecker back), and even saw a ton of icetime while 4 on 4 (WTF?!?!??!?!). It looks like he came into camp in excellent shape.

I was also happy with Bergeron. Very fast and active, and not afraid to let lose his shot. Stoll was also solid.

Still not sold on Horcoff, though I would love him to have a breakout year! He did very poorly in the faceoff circle (Schremp and Stoll did quite well though), and had a medicore game IMO.

Cross is definitely on the outside looking in IMO. He had trouble maintaining control of the puck, took bad penalties, and to be honest I felt Syvret played a way better game. There was one perfect scenario where Cross could have easily pinched up to maintain possession, but didn't both going for it. The situation was made very clear when the next time up, the EXACT same situation happened, and Pronger was the one and he pinched up, got a pass to Smyth who almost scored on a wrap around.

Speaking of Pronger, you could see him helping out Bergeron on the ice, particularly at the face of circle. Here's hoping his Dman leadership spreads to Semenov (who had an average game...did well on the PK though) as well. There was a few times when the "twin towers" were on the ice though :)

I honestly expected more penalties though. There were still situations that seemed just as clutch and grab, but they definitely were calling the questionable stickwork of some players (in addition to Stoll plastering some guy face first into the boards in a brutal checking from behind....if he hadn't ripped a beauty PP one-timer and had a good game up until then, I would have been very unhappy...at least he had instensity I guess).

It was perfect having Smytty score though :ermm:

Wow. I thought the ovation for Pronger before his shot in the shootout was good. Then Ryan Smyth scored for teh win. In yo face Flames fans...

Yeah Yeah Yeah be happy now cause when CALGARY PLAYs the veteran players in regular season things are going change...

Kipper will stop everything

hey just because Schremp played well tonight or even for the rest of the preseason the regular season is a different story....

I remember a certain Calgary right winger called Mr Chuck Kobasew who was great his first preseason but then did jack all in the regular season

Flames still Rule :)

harvey.jpg

Meh, they stunk up the joint IMO tonight. Their one goal was pretty weak, and failing to score on 3 separate 5 on 3 power plays. Heck, sometimes failing to really even get a shot!

But I know it's not the flames we will see when it counts, so it's all in good fun ;)

You know, I'm really having some problems with my hockey pool. We have 100 of the top scorers of the last season split into 20 boxes. The top 75 people to choose from are pretty easy. Its just the last row that has me a little stumped.

Here's the boxes:

Langkow-S.Kozlov-Savard-Tarnstrom-and T Hunter from NYI

Hecht-Robataille-Daigle-Yzerman-Ruutu

Leetch-Kvasha-Zednik-Niewendyk-Malone

Morozov-Dvorak-Bondra-Morrow-Bergeron(Bos)

Czerkawski-Erat-Brunette-Roberts-Frolov

Slim pickings, no? The only definate choice I have is Tuommo Ruutu from the second list. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.