New PS3 details emerge...

Epiphany

Maybe not.

Multicore processors will just be coming out and most PCs won't have the latest in greatest in video cards or multicore processors right away.

In fact, you may seriously be looking at a $3,000 PC easily to challenge a $350 console.

As time goes by, the console will remain the same however as PC technology continues to improve and get cheaper however.

And just to recap, its EnderWiggin/Alanschu(PS3)>Epiphany(Xbox360)

Just to make it clear, I'm not pro-anything.

I don't buy consoles unless they serve some sort of purpose for me. I skipped PS2/XBOX/Gamecube altogether.

The last consoles I've owned were the N64 and the PSX.

As for the PC....things will continue much like they always will I suspect. Initially the consoles will be superior, but given the dynamic nature of PCs, before the next consoles come around the PC will again reclaim the throne, only to lose it when the next consoles come out.

He claims to be an objective non-fanboy, but he uses Microsoft as a trusted source while assuming every Sony statement is a lie.

I used a MS quote ONCE, for YOU, when YOU said YOU had never seen MS say something. I quoted it for YOU, since again YOU REQUESTED IT.

This is an outright lie, which we've proved in another thread. Why isn't "obsessive lying" against the board rules? I'm so tired of guys like this (Epiphany and Volourn) who keep lying and trolling for no reason other than their own weak egos.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't know why Epiphany is making such a big deal over which system has the better hardware(PS3 does btw). It sure didn't help Microsoft and its more technologically advanced Xbox out sell the PS2. People want games, lots of good games and the PS2 had the largest selection of quality games. Sure the Xbox had a few good titles(Halo, KoTOR, and 1 or 2 more) but its not all about the visuals, ok Epiphany?

So, you go ahead and continue to wear that "Official MS Fanboy" jersey and talk **** about Sony and the PS3 and do whatever makes you feel good inside. Fact of the matter is, the next gen console war is not going to be decided by which system is more powerful than the other, its going to be which system has the better games.

He claims to be an objective non-fanboy, but he uses Microsoft as a trusted source while assuming every Sony statement is a lie.

I used a MS quote ONCE, for YOU, when YOU said YOU had never seen MS say something. I quoted it for YOU, since again YOU REQUESTED IT.

This is an outright lie, which we've proved in another thread. Why isn't "obsessive lying" against the board rules? I'm so tired of guys like this (Epiphany and Volourn) who keep lying and trolling for no reason other than their own weak egos.

Agreed.

Though Volourn has his positive moments.

I m pretty sure that the pc will win next year. Heheh.  >_<

It already does ...

As for the PC....things will continue much like they always will I suspect.  Initially the consoles will be superior, but given the dynamic nature of PCs, before the next consoles come around the PC will again reclaim the throne, only to lose it when the next consoles come out.

Nope, as the bartender said to the piece of string, "Frayed knot".

The nVidia Geforce 7800 GTX is already twice as powerful (vertex shaders and pixel pipelines) than the previous GeForce 6800 ultra, and it is available in SLI configuration, so that can be doubled up.

The only limit to PC power is cash; sure the consoles are better bang-for-buck super performance at release (which is gradually narrowed by the economies of scale and relentless and remorseless evolutionary drive), but it isn't better than the bleeding edge grahics cards and components.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

PCs are outdated machines.

Consoles are the future.

Well, I suspect that a hybrid console / pc is the future: some sort of convergent super-console that we haven't seen yet.

Until then, anyone who wants to spend enough cash can get better performance of their pc.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm having a hard time discerning any PC processors that can rival the CELL in the near future though. The Athlon X2 might be fast someday, but right now it's not even close.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Production cycles are six months. The next Athlons are due any day now, and they are the first generation of 64 bit CPUs that are apparently worth the extra cashola.

Also, Windows 64 bit has only just been sighted on the horizon (about the only bit of the announced Longhorn product to actually be shipped with the new Windows).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

PCs are outdated machines.

Consoles are the future.

Well, I suspect that a hybrid console / pc is the future: some sort of convergent super-console that we haven't seen yet.

Good idea.

Until then, anyone who wants to spend enough cash can get better performance of their pc.

Which is why PCs are the next dinosaur.

Which is why PCs are the next dinosaur.

Dinosaurs did rule the Earth for three hundred million years, though. Humans and their proto-ape ancestors have only just clocked up almost a million, so the pc is set to rule the roost for a little bit longer, yet ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, Consoles are the little proto-mammal rodents that made the dinosaurs extinct :ermm:

Ah, but it wasn't the puny mammals that killed off the Dinosaurs, it was (probably) the drastic cooling of the Earth as a consequence of the impact of a large and very hard meteor about 57 million years ago. Proto-mammals were just road kill until the big fellas died off and left an ecological space for them to grow into.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You can't believe that the pc is just going to die out!

Society is dependant on them right now, there needs to be some sort of evolution, sure. I can see the PDA, mobile (cell) 'phone and the laptop merging, and the home pc and console merging (and communicating between each other, as required), and an office network that interacts with the PDA (in such a way as to maintain security for both the corporate network and the individual).

But even if the pc in its current form mutates and is unrecognisable, there will always be games for it. There are games for mobile 'phones and even watches, now!

I'm sure Micro$oft is trying to merge its Xbox line with home pc entertainment centres; they just haven't quite got it yet. (It did take them nearly twenty years to move from DOS to Windows NT 5, after all.)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT