Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 3 (OBS-03)

*dances happy dance*

Safe! For a while, at least! :D (w00t)

Le people of France shall poosh back le evel invadeeng Germans and stooty Eenglish sons of silly persons! I make support orders in your general direction! Now go away, you silly Eenglish Fllllleet, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Sorry for the errors. I was in rather a hurry, and someone (Meta) sent in three sets of orders this morning. Thus, I was forced to redo Italy several times, and thereby began to wonder if I had made mistakes in other locations. I suppose I went a little overboard.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

England's fleet in MID (aka MAO), DOES NOT cut the support of France's fleet in Portugal under the doctrine that support is always cut (when attacked), EXCEPT by the province from which the support is being given to.  As a result, France's fleet in Brest should in fact move into MID - and England's fleet in MID should be dislodged and retreat to ENG.

The orders are as given below:

F Por-MAO

F Bre S F Por-MAO

England's F MAO cut support from Brest, thus, Portugal does not move into MAO. That section is correct.

It isn't. See Diagram 16 on page 10 of the rules. A Unit cannot cut the support of a unit that is supporting an attack into the unit's province.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

How did I get bumped out of Norway, and why is the fleet that was due to land in Brest not in the English Channel?

Because your moves of:

ENGLAND

F MAO-Bre (ENG)

F Nor H

were countered by:

FRANCE

F Por-MAO

F Bre S F Por-MAO

RUSSIA

F StP (nc)-Nwy

F Swe S F StP (nc)-Nwy

So your pieces were each attacked two-to-one. :-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Don't mean to be tooooo demanding, but would it be possible to get an updated map.

It's difficult to consider the situations when I have to constantly remind myself that I'm not actually in the Aegean Sea and whatnot :p

Don't mean to be tooooo demanding, but would it be possible to get an updated map.

It's difficult to consider the situations when I have to constantly remind myself that I'm not actually in the Aegean Sea and whatnot :p

EDIT: It should now be correct.

I find it kind of sad

EDIT: It should now be correct.

Thanks Archie. Also, the tables looking good btw. But just a few quips:

• Russia's initial starting units are 4 not 3.
  • If you could save it as a .jpeg extension instead of .bmp that would be great. Then, instead of uploading it via an attachment, host it at either photobucket or imageshack and then copy the image location delimited with image tags:

[img= ]

---

That way, it's much nicer having it ready at a glance instead of downloading it and opening it up. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

A final warning: it is now only 20 hrs until adjudication and I have only received 4 lists of orders of which I know. If you do not want to suffer NMR, submit quickly.

I find it kind of sad

Sorry for the late adjudication. I woke up late this morning and had to rush out. I am away from home, so I cannot update the map, but I will list the orders and Reveilled is free to make his own.

I have not received orders from either Alanschu or Skynet, so both Austria and Turkey will receive NMR, unless I get a really good reason.

Check the first post in a few minutes.

I find it kind of sad

Alright, here's my map:

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2294/di...yobs3f030gy.gif

I wasn't sure how to deal with Eru's retreat from ENG. The first province he lists as a retreat is "NOR" which is the abbreviation for Norway (though Nwy is more common to reduce confusion). Thus, I have shown Eru as retreating to the Irish Sea. However, it is extremely likely he meant NTH instead, so it might be fairer to just have it retreat to the North Sea as was probably intended.

Also, Russia is listed as having no builds when he has two, I think.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Alright, here's my map:

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2294/di...yobs3f030gy.gif

I wasn't sure how to deal with Eru's retreat from ENG.  The first province he lists as a retreat is "NOR" which is the abbreviation for Norway (though Nwy is more common to reduce confusion).  Thus, I have shown Eru as retreating to the Irish Sea.  However, it is extremely likely he meant NTH instead, so it might be fairer to just have it retreat to the North Sea as was probably intended.

Also, Russia is listed as having no builds when he has two, I think.

1. There is no way your fleet should be in the English Channel unless there's another one sitting there I missed. I ordered that the one that I had in there hold, and the one I had in Wales (which is still sitting there) move downwards. Yes, the one that was there was supposed to retreat to NTH first, I blame this mistake on n00bness.

2. Yeah, your fleet definately should not have been able to bump me out of the English channel unless there's something I missed.

3. Also the Army currently in Liverpool should be in Wales.

1.  There is no way your fleet should be in the English Channel unless there's another one sitting there I missed.  I ordered that the one that I had in there hold, and the one I had in Wales (which is still sitting there) move downwards.  Yes, the one that was there was supposed to retreat to NTH first, I blame this mistake on n00bness. 

Ordering a unit to move to a province in which another unit (whether yours or otherwise) is holding will result in both maintaining their position. If you wanted your F Wal to SUPPORT your F ENG in holding, then you would order F Wal S F ENG. You did not do this, thus France's supported attack against your one defender displaces you.

Also, Reveilled, you are probably correct about the Russian builds, but as I said, I didnt have a map to which to refer. I was doing it all in my head.

I find it kind of sad