What's with Timestop

I like your way of doing things, mate. Stabbing makes the world work.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You're so not writing that to get their attention, eh? Being L's pet is not enuff for ye?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Back in AD&D 2 there were consequences to high level spells, like ageing. Cast enough level Nine spells, and your already-wizened mage would be borderline Lich. Cast a couple of Wish spells, and the arcane one will need one to keep playing ... as a Lich.

It's amazing how a player will limit the use of a spell if, in taking advantage of its incredible benefits, the penalties are equally steep.

Um I want to be a lich.

Why not?

:huh:

Age-related attributes might well be affected, if not actual imminent death! Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, even arguably Intelligence all decrease with age. Wisdom might increase, Charisma  perhaps and maybe not.

Certainly Constitution and HP should start to decrease, the older a character becomes, with a random senility risk, too.

Actually you get smarter as you age.

You feelthy mages can have as many spells as you like, so long as I get to keep this here shank of foot long cold steel. ...And you still need to sleep.

I take it you unfamiliar with lichdom and contingency spells?

Not really. What i am familiar with is a potion or two that can keep such shenanigans off me, some potions of speed, and some really fast work with a short sword. Failing that, I've found that sudden brutal attack works OK.

Leeeeeeroy!

EDIT: important info. This was as a wizard slayer, so every hit, regardless of damage lowers magic resistance, and ups spell failure. I hated being a wizard slayer to start with, but came to love it.

FURTHER EDIT: One reason I liked it was because of the mental image this provoked.

*Mage begins dread incantations, surrounded by impervious shimmer*

*Silence, the wizard slayer starts goosing him, goading miniature giant space hamsters into cracks in his armour, and generally making fun. The mage becomes o irate he cannot speak. Every time he opens his mouth, Silence puts something in there, like an old sock.*

Ok, you can't drink a potion to stop my etherial/protection from evil/gate/polymorph Acient Red Dragon contengency spells.

Plus as I am a lich, I don't sleep.

I almost always take quick spell as a first or forth level feat.

You: Die Lich!

Me:*casts quickened, twinned, Dark bolts*

You: *Dead*

Me: *goes back to really good book*

OR

You: *Dodge* *Dodge* *Hit!*

*Contengecy spell triggered*

*Lich is teleported to an unknown location and an area attact aimed at no one in particular cooks you despite your precautions*

OR

You: *Dodge* *Dodge* *hit!*

*Contengecy spell trigger*

*Mass Raise Undead*

*Death Armor*

*Stone Skin*

*Hell's Power*

Me: *hide in plain sight*

You: *Gulp*

Just don't be seen. Poison the bastards beard wash.

I'm dead already, the poison, it does nothing!

Time Stop is not even that good, its simply going to waste one of the 9th level slots so the wizard can cast a buch of lower level spells, it can be praticable at times but not always, expecialy against enemies of his levels that are likely to not be affected much by whatever he is casting.

I tend to cast epic spells or run after time stop as that's the only time I really need to cast time stop.

Get over it. It's ok for mages to be weak at low levels, but when they do reach high levels they can't have anything good in their arsenal?

...what a bunch o' horseshyte; spell-slingers are prolly the most powerful chars in anyone's party from level 9 or so on wit'out the need for the "Uber Spells of Cheddar Doom"...they already 'ave a whole host o' kickarse spells in theys aresenal by level 14 or so...Uber Spells be fer Uber Munchkins who t'inks roleplayin' be "look at how many enemies I can kill at once with a sneeze"...pathetic... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

SO you just want to be killed by boring magic or low level spells spammed at you at an epic rate?

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

SO you just want to be killed by boring magic or low level spells spammed at you at an epic rate?

...an' there it be, lads & lasses; ya should HAVE TO work at killin' yer enemy...otherwise, what in the Nine Hells be the point???...pity few o' the Dia-blows generation seems ta understand that, more's the pity... <_<

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

How about I tell the local dragon roost who has quite a lot of, let's say draconic components and they throw that someone to a nearby volcano. Result=a very dead lich.

Or tell that high priest of Amanautor visiting the town of your neat idea of raising the dead. Coupled with some even neater bribery from my side. It would be hoot. You do know that Aman's adepts are probably the most obscurest of sun cults. Holy light, anyone?

kirottu said:

Stabbing may not always be the answer.

http://www.elfonlyinn.net/d/20040505.html

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's so not the geekiest web comic ever.

kirottu said:

...an' there it be, lads & lasses; ya should HAVE TO work at killin' yer enemy...otherwise, what in the Nine Hells be the point???...pity few o' the Dia-blows generation seems ta understand that, more's the pity... <_<

What a stupid idea. Why don't you fighter-types just stick with the rusty butter knife then?

How about I tell the local dragon roost who has quite a lot of, let's say draconic components and they throw that someone to a nearby volcano. Result=a very dead lich.

Or tell that high priest of Amanautor visiting the town of your neat idea of raising the dead. Coupled with some even neater bribery from my side. It would be hoot. You do know that Aman's adepts are probably the most obscurest of sun cults. Holy light, anyone?

I fear no dragon except Klauth, I dare you to try and trick him. Holy Light? Utterdark.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Klauth in NWN was quite the let down. I smote upon the most ancient of red dragons. I think I broke a nail.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

What a stupid idea. Why don't you fighter-types just stick with the rusty butter knife then?

...yes, what a dumbarse idea it be ta actually 'ave ta work at killin' yer enemies...I dunno what came o'er me; why would anyone actually wanna enjoy strategizin' 'bout how ta kill enemies when it be soo much easier jus' ta walk all o'er them an' move on ta the next munchkinfest...what a daft idea, I tells ya...quick an' easy, the American way... :thumbsup:

We're all divorced from reality when it comes to DnD. After all, it is a fantasy game.

The only thing is, when threatened with death, I don't think doing something a quick and efficient way is lazy. I think it's smart.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...munchkins can come up wit' all kinds o' different excuses why theys needs the Uber Spells/Abilities o' Cheddar Doomage...an' theys still laughable at best...keep 'em comin', kiddies; I ain't laughed this hard in a bit... :rolleyes:

Ha, what's wrong with the Timestop spell is that every evil NPC in the game can use it against my poor party a dozen times a battle... yet I have yet to figure out how to use it even once!

I'm serious. My mages mem the danged thing, then they cast it, then... then nothing. Spell wasted, bad guys carry on as if my mage had just spit water at them... and adding insult to injury, THEIR mage will then cast Timestop and promptly heap a dozen spells upon my instantly time-frozen party, all of which take effect simultaneously, thereby killing us all.

I hate Timestop. Hate it, do you hear me??? I hope they kill it forever... FOREVER. *breathes into paper bag*

Okay, Di, here's the dirty on Timestop: use it, pause, stack a bunch of spells, unpause. It's that simple! :rolleyes:

Obsidian Plays

...dear Gods; it's a Munchkinizin' 101 class...what in the bloody Hells has this world come ta???...makes Baby Jebus cry, it does... :rolleyes:

Hah! Until you've gone through the entire Loony area on Painkiller: Battle out of Hell without killing a single baddie, you don't know the meaning of cheese!

EDIT: It would be easier if Timestop were available.

Obsidian Plays

Oh, that is cold. :rolleyes: The least Bio could have done was, like, include some instructions for their fancy-smancy damned spells so that non-D&D experts like myself could, you know, actually figure out how to use the blasted things without making a fool of themselves on public forums. :(

OTOH, at least y'all know that I beat BG2/TOB nearly 2 dozen times without using the cheesy TimeStop spell even once. Ha! Beat THAT, fools. :D