Do you like console shooters  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like console shooters

• Consoles all the way
    • I like both
    • A mouse and keyboard are the only way to go
    • I like to vote
    • I don't care

I really don't see that Ender, I don't. And to add to the topic, I can't play halo because I blow myself up due to the sensitivity of the controlers trigger button.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The buttons are often easier to reach on a controller as opposed to a keyboard. A keyboard is designed for two hands, where as you often play games with one hand on your mouse, and only one hand manning the keyboard.

And if you aren't exactly sure which button does what, a 108-key keyboard can be more intimidating.

that's why so many new players are being corrupted by the dark side, because they want the easy 16 button controller rather than the god that is this keyboard of mine!

the mod's hate skimmers (I had to click 4 times to get past the 30 second buffer)

And in response to you Al, those games yes it does work but for an FPS it really doesn't for me. Especially when 9 times out of 10 your facing a very different control scheme. Anyway it's 2 am now and i'm going to bed.

Guest Fishboot

I like both (we're obviously talking about FPS when we say shooters - I don't think anyone means Gradius vs. Solar Winds with this question). I think the complaint that analog thumbsticks are not as "precise" as mouse and keyboard is false - they're just not as fast. I like the mouse and keyboard 180 whip as much as the next guy, but for games designed to work with thumbsticks they're perfectly satisfactory.

Does anyone have one of those cut down left hand WASD keyboards for playing shooters? Those always seemed like a good idea to me - if I had a trackball or an any-surface optical mouse and a left hand mini-keyboard I could easily see playing FPSes without a desk surface. The console companies could try floating that as the "expert" controller combo for something like Halo 2, bet it'd sell like hotcakes through word of mouth.

"That guy just totally killed us!"

"lol newbs, get trackball ftw."

"Mom! I need a trackball rig!"

I live aiming with a mouse, and moving with an analog controller.  So I'm screwed.

I think you might be on to something there

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

the Controler is much to.... imprecise for my tastes, in a game like Halo if anybody has screwed with the sensitivity on my controler i always end up overcorrecting and shooting past the guy. then i promptly die.

I just plug the console into the BCI neural interface I had installed into my cerebellum, just below the Middle Cerebellar Peduncle (13), just anterior to the Trigeminal Nerve (14), which is the organic signal transducer, and just superior to the Inferior Cerebellar Peduncle (15), which in turn connects the spinal cord and medulla to the cerebellum).

405_brain.jpg

All quite simple, really. And once the big spike is in, you hardly notice it. (It hurts like a B*tch if you try to walk off with it still attached, though:trap for young players!)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd only get "cybered" if it was....

1) Like the nanotech in DX

2) Led to immortality :cool:

Yup, added to my sig, had to put my fondest BG2 moment there... thanks for reminding me about it >_<

Wouldn't you have a cyberbrain like in GITS

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

wow this topic has really grown. Another reason that computers are better for shooters is that you dont have to pay to play on line. Also, playing split screen Halo on the X-box, mainly with more than 2 people, because i find the screens to be too small unlike the PC.