Obsidian Forum Diplomacy Game 2 (OBS-2)

Look at Reveilled: I bet everyone thought he was dead this round. There is a bit of luck in the game, and a lot of skill and even more deal-making, to tip the luck in your favour.

Just you wait. I'll win this game yet! :)

You could influence the power base in the Balkans, for sure ... it's all a matter of expediency; do mortal enemies temporarily bury the hatchet to take on a mutual enemy, or do they die fighting their nemesis ..?

It's all politics ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I can't really remember.  It might have been about the time when France was NMRing and you and England seemed to be cooperating fairly well.  I think I figured if that continued then I might well find myself with my back to an Anglo-German alliance before I could finish up an attack on Russia, and started to wonder if I might be better off sticking with my Russian alliance, at the very least until Turkey and Italy were finished, at which point I could take stock of the situation and decide who I should keep my alliance with at that time.

Of course, it quickly emerged after that that I had been stabbed and you and England weren't so close after all, so that all quickly put paid to that idea.

Didn't quite work out the way you thought it would did it? I actually got a message that England was about to stab me and I decided to stab him first. Don't know if it was true or not because that was the first time that he NMR'd so he hasn't moved since then. :lol:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,

In proving foresight may be vain;

The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men

Gang aft agley,

An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,

For promis'd joy!

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I would just like to say, and I intended to email Jags and Darkside with this last turn, that I felt my hand forced in the last turn. There are so many NMRs in this game, that actual Diplomacy has failed. It is just a numbers simulation largely, and Deraldin is out-building everyone. None of the players who are actively playing have much of a position to stop him, and so long as other countries continue to NMR, the outcome of the game was largely inevitable.

That shouldn't be a game of Diplomacy. I decided to enter the race for 18 supply centers at the cost of my allies to prevent that. I had assumed that the second Austria was out of the picture, either Russia, Italy or Turkey would get screwed as there likely wouldn't be room for all 3 of us to push north, unless I controlled a good chunk of Austria, Russia pushed through Germany, and Italy pushed through France.

I didn't see that happening.

Reveiled may preach his "I told you so's" to Darkside about my turning against her, but that decision was not made until about 48 hours ago. I tell every player that I operate on logic, and do what is best for the outcome of the game. In other games, I have been a loyal ally, and even shared victory when I could have taken it for myself.

That opportunity was not presenting itself in this game however.

Perhaps - but it can also be argued that once your enemies have multiplied, you've inadvertently denied your chance and sealed your fate.  Only time will tell...

There's an old saying: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So does that mean that you want to join forces and wipe out Ender in exchange for survival to the end of the game, or maybe even second place? :unsure:"

Perhaps - but it can also be argued that once your enemies have multiplied, you've inadvertently denied your chance and sealed your fate.  Only time will tell...

There's an old saying: The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So does that mean that you want to join forces and wipe out Ender in exchange for survival to the end of the game, or maybe even second place? :unsure:"

If hypothetically one were to do the above, it would most certainly instantiate that Ender's vaunted "logic" made a gross miscalculation. ;)

manthing2.jpg

Oh N0es!1! Not 8 minutes! 

Pardon me for having a life.    :huh:)

I have a life! Really I do! ... I admit I have no life, I can't even get a part time job. At least I have my homework to keep me from going insane. :'(

*Looks at pile of untouched math/chem homework*

Well maybe not. I'd much rather play Diplomacy, or failing that, Advance Wars. :shifty:" Go Emulators!

(Insert unnecessary adjectival clause regarding circumstances beyond my control as and wherever necessary.)

Done and done.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh poo.  I was hoping this game had just faded away like a bad dream. :(

Why would you want that? :lol:

Oh you know why...

dun dun duuuuun :ph34r:

Oh well. I still stand a chance, I mean, I still have one border that hasn't been invaded. Oh wait, that'll be gone next turn. Nevermind.

About that trade for St. Petersburg. Will twenty pounds of chocolate do? ;)

sig2.gif

You're just disgruntled that I didn't ask you guys to be on my team.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You're just disgruntled that I didn't ask you guys to be on my team.

I keep thinking that you're just spamming this thread and not actually in the game. :lol:"

You're right.