Will Obsidian ever make Handheld games?

I'd rather see more titles like Final Fantasy Tactics.

The few card-based games I've seen don't seem to be as strategy intensive as I had hoped. Instead, they seem to be able luck and spamming through cards.

Though in all fairness, I don't have a PSP and I haven't played Metal Gear Acid yet.

How so?  It's been a while since I have played it.

Well you can max 1 "job" per map.

It allows powerleveling to the nth power.

Well, I suppose that's a good point....but it's only abused if that's what you want to do.

And given that it's a single player game, the only person's experience that is ruined is your own. I never did that, and I enjoyed the game :)

I think it's just as broken as the people that cast pointless spells in "learn by doing" games at random intervals, just so that they get more experience doing it.

Actually I did it by accident when I kept spamming Ramza's "haste power"... I was in a really hard fight and needed the extra speed to beat it.

Suddenly he was like 10 levels higher than the rest of my army, and had mastered his job :)

The next random battle slaughtered me :)

I gave up on it after that.

FFTA was better.. but drawn out and the whole "rules" thing sucked.

K2 ending

Broken= Something that is there and not functional.

Emptiness= Something that was not there in the beginning. >>K2 ending.  >_<"

Broken, as in the NPCs (like Mira/Hanharr and G0-T0/Remote/Hk-47) disapearing off the radar, yet we finish the game and they are given a future.

Broken, as in stuff that was meant to be there was removed, and the newly bereft game still has the broken vetiges of the savagely removed bits evidenced in the narrative and gameplay.

>_<

meh ;)

Selfcontrol is overrated and outdated.  :ph34r:

Hedonism is so 80s. :Darque:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think if i get handhelds, other than my palm, then I will be more interested in finding out if Obsidian will make handheld games. For me though the screen is usually too small to do any kind of RPG games, so again I'm not that interested yet.

As a QA Tester, I can say that I would rather Obsidian NOT make a handheld game, heh. Testing on one of those things is a real experience in pain.

However, as far as the game itself would be concerned, handhelds I think are a great fit for deep RPGs. Especially both of the newer handhelds. I can imagine doing really cool things interface-wise on the DS, and the screen on the PSP is just fantastic.