An example of good armour...

Lucius

Interesting. It certainly doesn't show the entire picture of the conflict (murdered hostages, Western or Iraqi are absent, as are those killed by Iraqi or foreign insurgents/terrorists), but it does show a side that is neglected in some media outlets.

The videos of dead and wounded civiliians were very harrowing. I found the videos of supposed mistreatment of Iraqi civilians less convincing - the soldiers weren't obviously carrying out abuses, they were just being cautious and firm.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Interesting.  It certainly doesn't show the entire picture of the conflict (murdered hostages, Western or Iraqi are absent, as are those killed by Iraqi or foreign insurgents/terrorists), but it does show a side that is neglected in some media outlets.

It certainly doesn't, but as you say, it does show a side that is neglected in many western media to say the least.......

Why is it that whenever something makes a little noise, explodes etc. these guys go "Allah is great!" :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Why is it that whenever something makes a little noise, explodes etc. these guys go "Allah is great!"  :D

Maybe it's just a cultural thing to say in default of anything else. Like S Africans say 'Shame', Irishmen say 'Jaysus' and Englishmen say 'Sorry'. Or it could be the arabic equivalent of 'a Keanu style 'Whoah'.

I'm disturbed by that footage from the F16 although it could have been that crowd was clearly identified by ground observers I'd be concerned it wasn't just a crowd of non-combatants running like hell.

Ye'll notice that neither sides tends to advertise the camera footage of them hitting civvies. However unlike the opposition, it's not our _official_ policy to aim at 'em.

*ducks righteous indignation*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why is it that whenever something makes a little noise, explodes etc. these guys go "Allah is great!"  :D

Maybe it's just a cultural thing to say in default of anything else. Like S Africans say 'Shame', Irishmen say 'Jaysus' and Englishmen say 'Sorry'. Or it could be the arabic equivalent of 'a Keanu style 'Whoah'.

Or it is maybe because they're just a bunch of religious fanatics/extremists :blink:

Aye, maybe it is cause they are religious extremists. However I'd be annoyed they'd stolen a cool phrase. I mean it's easy to shout. Like 'Huzzah!'.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Erm.. no its as i explained earlier in the thread - most muslims give praise to god for anything that goes their way e.g. for something minor like catching the train as its about to leave to something major like graduating from college.

See? It's just the equivalent of shouting 'Vegas, baby. Yeah!"

-Elwood Blues

speaking of armour, check out this nifty WW2 helmet I got today for only

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The brow ridge doesn't look right for a yank boiler. I'd say it was Czech.

I have no ideas on the helmet.

*b-dum TISH!*

-Elwood Blues

I went looking for a pic of the czech helmet (it is one, btw. 1932 model). But I found THIS :-

fedayeen_big1.jpg

If we needed proof saddam was evil, doesn't dressing up his men as darth vader count?

EDIT: This photo is of a "Saddam Fedayeen" helmet. The Fedayeen were put through a copy of SS training to get them worked up, then Uday put these silly fibreglass helmets on them. Apparently Uday was not only a fan of cocaine, gang rape, and gold kalashnikovs, but also Star Wars.

-Elwood Blues

Lol, evil looking helmet for sure. Fedayeen Saddam (meaning Our life for Saddam or something like that) was a terror regiment made up of violent murderers he'd taken from the area he grew up and where the support for him was the strongest (Trikrit, was it?). I think one of his sons was in charge of it.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I updated the original post, but took too long. It IS a fedayeen helmet, not a czech one. It seems the ferocious fedayeen opted for putting on civvies and doing sniping attacks like the one that started this thread, rather than stand and fight in this clobber.

EDIT: I mean Kaftan's helmet is Czech. The black one is a fedayeen hat. Oy vey.

-Elwood Blues

Check out these crazy guys in the US Abrams as they blast an insurgent in a wrecked car: link

I don't need to see a video of a guy getting hit by a HEAT round to know he's going to be owned.

-Elwood Blues

I dont think its right to fire on helpless enemies. I mean, that guy was probably half-dead anyway, there was no point whatsoever to blast him away. And in another one of those clips, theres some kind of artillery observer that wastes about 20 shells trying to hit one poor guy thats running away.

Its one thing shooting an armed combatant that trying to kill you, but you dont shoot him in the back as he's fleeing for his life. Its just cruel and inhumane.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The editing is always an issue - we don't know what the dead man was doing or what kind of threat he represented. However, if he was a serious threat, it's surprising that the US soldiers were so relaxed and amused by the events. What's the source of the video? Surely the soldiers realised that the video doesn't show them in a particularly good light - unless they really have lost all sense of humanity and decency, which is possible, too. So how did this video get released into the public domain?

And is it just me or do they sound really young?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I lost my taste for that stuff a long while back. I don't mind soldiers laughing about it. It's one of the few ways to handle the stress of constant danger, by making fun of things. But there's no excuse for chuckling from the safety of a computer screen.

But I know that just my opinion. You do what you like. :-

-Elwood Blues

I dont know if anyone laughing at that. In any case, I think its far worse for soldiers to laugh as they use beaten and wounded enemies for target practice. That is just pure and utter sadism.