Junction Point Studios -more info

This thread is rather pointless and the info non-existant, put I'll make a thread anyway. So; Spector's new game dev studio's site has been updated with new info about their action fantasy rpg. Furthermore; the dev biographies tell a lot about how varied and experienced Warren's new team is. Ex-Microproseans, Ex-LGSers and the late Ion Storm devs who didn't move to Midway. Their resume is awesome.:thumbsup:

http://www.junctionpointstudios.com/

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

A good suggestion.

Done. I feel stupid. And blame it on the lack of sleep.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Junction Point Team is hard at work on an all-new, all-original fantasy game for next-generation hardware. Details have yet to be released, but players can expect the unique combination of action and roleplaying, traditional narrative and player choice, that are the hallmarks of the team's previous works.

More than we know about PNJ.

Kinda sad really.

Guest Fishboot
This thread is rather pointless and the info non-existant, put I'll make a thread anyway. So; Spector's new game dev studio's site has been updated with new info about their action fantasy rpg. Furthermore; the dev biographies tell a lot about how varied and experienced Warren's new team is. Ex-Microproseans, Ex-LGSers and the late Ion Storm devs who didn't move to Midway. Their resume is awesome.:huh:

http://www.junctionpointstudios.com/

Squee!

Deus Ex was fantastic.

Serpent Isle was great

Ultima Underworld (Despite it NOT being Ultima VII and therefore me not liking it when I was younger ;)) is excellent.

Never played System Shock, but since I love System Shock 2... :ermm:

:p for Mr. Spector.

I knew he worked on VI, but I didn't know he was involved in VII, but I guess it makes sense.

If I recall though, Serpent Isle was HIS beast, rather than it being Garriott's.

Now that you mention it, I do remember Spector talking about Garriott's dedication to his world, as he single-handedly placed every tile in the game world for Ultima VI

I go back and forth on Serpent Isle and Ultima VII. Serpent Isle was too linear, but there are certain aspects of the game I really like. And while I love the familiarity of Brittania, it was nice to explore a new world.

I prefer Ultima VII myself, because of the non-linearity.

But I really liked the creativity behind Serpent Isle, and the story was pretty emotional at times too.

The little things like the really detailed portraits and even the inventory screen giving you an idea of how you looked was great (although sometimes it could be a little hard to find out where you put that item if you didn't know where you were wearing it :p)

I can't wait. There are few who deserve blind faith; Mr Spector I shall allow myself the pleasure of anticipating his next work.

Hmm, after the DX:IW "streamlining = tEh fu7Ur3!" fiasco, I'm not exactly holding my breath. Nonetheless, I'd love to see Spector surprise me, and make a great game once again.

Warren Spector was merely the studio director, and only attached as a name on Invisible War from what I understand. Harvey Smith was the project director on Invisible War, where as Spector's resume includes such titles as:

Thief: Deadly Shadows (2004), Eidos Inc.

Backyard Wrestling: Don't Try This at Home (2003), Eidos Inc.

Deus Ex: Invisible War (2003), Eidos Inc.

Whiplash (2003), Eidos Inc.

Cel Damage (2002), Electronic Arts Inc.

Deus Ex (Game of the Year Edition) (2001), Eidos Inc.

Frequency (2001), SCEA

Deus Ex (2000), Eidos Inc.

Thief: The Dark Project (1998), Eidos Inc.

Crusader: No Remorse (1995), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

CyberMage: Darklight Awakening (1995), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Dragonsphere (1994), MicroProse Software, Inc.

System Shock (1994), Electronic Arts Inc., ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Wings of Glory (1994), Electronic Arts Inc.

Ultima VII, Part Two: Serpent Isle (1993), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Ultima VII, Part Two: The Silver Seed (1993), Electronic Arts Inc.

Wing Commander: Privateer - Righteous Fire (1993), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Ultima Underworld 2: Labyrinth of Worlds (1992), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss (1992), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams (1991), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi (1991), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Wing Commander: The Secret Missions 2: Crusade (1991), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Bad Blood (1990), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Ultima VI: The False Prophet (1990), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Wing Commander (1990), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Wing Commander: The Secret Missions (1990), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Space Rogue (1989), ORIGIN Systems Inc.

Now tell me why you would be skeptical of a resume like that?

Warren Spector was merely the studio director, and only attached as a name on Invisible War from what I understand.

Well, I remember back when DX:IW was about to see the light of day for the first time, Spector kept on harping about 'the glory streamlining' in most of his interviews, and I think he definitively shares a part of the blame.

Spector's resume includes such titles as: <snip>

Some of the games on that list rank among my absolute favorites, and as I've already said, I'd love to see Spector make such a game again. :cool:

reminds me of the megatokyo where they get kicked out of E3. I like Warren's stuff but I really need to play more of it. I grew up in the world that almost ignored Spectors games except Deus and possibly Wing Commander (Why they made a movie out of that game I'll never know.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Worse than Super Mario Bros the movie?

Worse than Alone in the Dark?

Worse than House of the Dead?

Worse than Street Fighter?

Worse than Mortal Kombat 2? (Apparently a fourth is in the works?)

Worse than Double Dragon?

Wing Commander wasn't nearly as bad as any of those.

:Hides from the wrathful oldtestament god named ender:

Anyway I hope to high heaven they don't make Deus Ex a movie. That would ruin it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.