The Fall is finally going to be released

I can't put to words how much I abhore that song.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

LAST DAYS OF GAIA!

am i rite?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"but the games aren't buggy."

Hilarious. You are the first Daggerfall fanboy I have seen claim that the game wan't buggy. When a game has floating rats in the very first cave, it is buggy.

DF = Buggy. Period. MW wasn't as buggy; but it was still up there. Youi must have got the 'special' version that no one else got.

R00fles!

P.S. I like the song for The Fall. Very fitting. Definitely better than any song an ES series game has. Hahahahahahahaha!!! >_<

P.S.S. That's the second time I saw that trailer, and the second time I'm impressed with what I've seen...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It got good reviews from the press, although players were less enthused by the buggy release. Still, everything I've seen about the Extended version has been positive and there's still some additional improvements to go yet for the English version. I don't think it will be a classic but I think there's a fair chance it will be a solid game.

In the future, after an unspecified climatic catastrophe, the world is a wasteland.

The catastrophe is completely specified. The story and quests have generally received the most praise.

Nor have I ever hit a major bug in Arena or Daggerfall.

You have to be kidding?! If you're saying Daggerfall isn't buggy, I'm beginning to think you've never played the game! I mean, come on, I love the game (one of my top 5 favourites ever) but I (and basically everyone) use Daggerfall as THE example of a buggy game! It's in fact so bad that you HAVE to complete the main story quests in a particular sequence or the game WILL bug out on you and you will have to restart the entire chain in a new game! (Yes, even after the last patch!)

Arena was also extremely buggy (almost to a point of it not being playable at all) upon release, but my memory is more clouded on that one.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not only are we going to get The Fall, but we're getting a more polished version with more features to boot!

No need to thank me (or anyone else from another non-german speaking country) as it hasn't been released in english anywhere yet. I'm waiting for the same version as you are.

No need to thank me (or anyone else from another non-german speaking country) as it hasn't been released in english anywhere yet. I'm waiting for the same version as you are.

It hasn't? But I played it and I can't speak german. ;)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It hasn't? But I played it and I can't speak german. ;)

Uhm.. That is weird. We at Spel2 get these release lists and The Fall has been moved around a lot, but right now it's set on a "Third Quarter of 2005" release. Maybe only Sweden was excluded from the world wide release then..?

Edit: Looked around a little and found this thread on the official Silver Style board:

http://www.silver-style.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5988

They claim no english version has been released yet.

P.S.S. That's the second time I saw that trailer, and the second time I'm impressed with what I've seen...

Volo, you've hit one of my pet peeves (I guess it comes from reading too many Mad magazines when I was a pre-teen):

P.S. stands for Post Scriptum. It's latin and means "written aftewards", and the only permissable extension to the concept is PPS, as in Post Post Scriptum.

There is not, and never has been a variant denoted PSS, nor PSSSS nor even PPSS.

If you must carry the joke on, it must be PS, PPS, PPPS, ... etc.

Normal services resume ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Fishboot
I've played a good 50 hours into Morrowind and never hit a bug yet.  Nor have I ever hit a major bug in Arena or Daggerfall.  You may dislike the style of play, but the games aren't buggy.

I'm prone to defending Bethesda, but non-bugginess is not the route I'd take. Typically their games end up poorly optimized and riddled with CTDs and scripting errors. What I'd defend about them is their giant brass balls to do business in the manner they do and for making games that are brutally unique. I'm pretty enthusiastic about FO3, considering the license transition, although I obviously regret that it isn't Van Buren (or, to a greater extent, that it couldn't be a reasonably financed and man-houred Cain-Boyarski-Anderson joint).

"but the games aren't buggy."

Hilarious. You are the first Daggerfall fanboy I have seen claim that the game wan't buggy. When a game has floating rats in the very first cave, it is buggy.

DF = Buggy. Period. MW wasn't as buggy; but it was still up there. Youi must have got the 'special' version that no one else got.

R00fles!

P.S. I like the song for The Fall. Very fitting. Definitely better than any song an ES series game has. Hahahahahahahaha!!! :ermm:

How was Morrowind buggy? I played it a long time ago, but I don't remember it being buggy.

It's entirely possible I'm luckier than most people.  It's also possible that I always patch, update drivers, and run a pretty clean system.

I don't even experience half the bugs people see in most games either. :\

Many people complained about horrible bugs in Silent Hunter 3's forums, but the only one I ever saw that was a big deal was that you would frequently crash to desktop when using the auto crew management buttons. Considering how easy crew managment actually is in the game though, it's better to not use them so I don't worry myself with it. I have seen some bugs, particularly when loading a game while at sea, but considering I almost never do that, I don't concern myself with it much either :\

The only game stopping bug I got in KOTOR 2 was the Dantooine bug. Fortunately I liked the game enough that I didn't mind starting over (although I was darkside :ermm: ).

I don't know if I'm just lucky, or maybe I'm doing something that most people don't bother with that screws things up :)

What is the mysterious Dantooine bug?

I ran across the Galaxy Droid in KOTOR:1 somehow, and then I reloaded from an earlier save game and was fine. I can't remember the last time I ran into a major game-ending bug other than that.

It was very common for people to get black screens when trying to return to Dantooine after finding the remaining Jedi.

I actually played through the game a variety of times, and found that as long as I did not FINISH Dantooine first (i.e. I could get right up until the end with the mercenary fight), I never had a problem. But if I did, then I would have a problem. I tried to mix and match the planets up as best I could, but the only way I could ever have the gamestopping bug was if I finished Dantooine first.

Some other people in a thread I started a while back reported the same problem and agreed with my solution, but there are those that said they had finished Dantooine first and had no problems, so :\

Daggerfall has to be one of the most buggy releases ever. But a lot of that has to do with the random nature of the game. It was quite possible to have dungeons which you couldnt finish ( or even leave for that matter) and there was at least one really nasty bug in the main quest.

Never came across anything like that in Morrowind.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]