Have copious amount of cash, need gaymz!!

Lost:

One plot. Last seen in the vicinity of Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords.

If anyone has seen this plot, please contact OE, as there is a reward for it's comprehension.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

To quote Al Lowe:

August 27, 2004

Sierra is gone.

Today, VU Games turned off the lights and locked the doors to Sierra's Bellevue office.

So long to a wonderful brand.

I feel fortunate and proud that I was a part of it when it actually meant something. To me, Sierra in the 80's was a special place at a special time and by doing something we loved we made people happy and even changed a few lives. How many people get to say that?

Sierra did not make Homeworld 2.They only produced it.

Relic developed it.

And yes Leisure Suit Larry 4: The Missing Floppies was great!

Also, just browsing through my PC Gamer as well, and I notice they have included a COMPLETE copy of Beneath A Steel Sky! All I have to do is download and install the SCUMMVM emulator, and I'm away. ... I think I know what I'mm going to be doing over the next few days ...

I have the original game, but if I remember right it was a pain to install even in DOS ... what does the emulator do? Maybe I can actually play it again...

Also, just browsing through my PC Gamer as well, and I notice they have included a COMPLETE copy of Beneath A Steel Sky! All I have to do is download and install the SCUMMVM emulator, and I'm away. ... I think I know what I'mm going to be doing over the next few days ...

I have the original game, but if I remember right it was a pain to install even in DOS ... what does the emulator do? Maybe I can actually play it again...

Seems to be the game engine, itself:

fileplanet

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Does Sierra still exist?

In name only, I think, although I've seen the logo on a couple games since their implosion (Arcanum).

I'd heard that Jane Jensen was making another game on her own (somewhat along her Gabriel Knight plotline) but I think that fell through. It's been almost a year with no news/info on it.

Project Jane-J put on hold

Jane Jensen announces that Project Jane-J, also known as Gray Matter, has been put on hold.

Nearly a year after she announced she was working on a new game, Gabriel Knight designer Jane Jensen has revealed that development of the title has temporarily ceased.

In a recent interview with Just Adventure, Jensen confirmed that the supernatural adventure game, tentatively titled Project Jane-J, has been put on hold.

I have the original game, but if I remember right it was a pain to install even in DOS ... what does the emulator do?  Maybe I can actually play it again...

Its easy as pie to install and play with the SCUMM emulator, in fact you dont really have to install it. Just place it on somewhere on the HD and you're good to go.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Thats my favorite Adventure game :* ...

1. Why is it your favourite (or near-as, damnit!) game evva?

2. Why didn't you review it in my thread?

(Of which this thread is obviously a blatant rip-off ...)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Fishboot
Wow! Thats crazy, why they giving away such good games like GTA1 + 2 huh?. I wouldve thought that illegal, since the original selling price for those kinda games is