Whining about....

that's a healthy attitude for sombody to have but you have to have a problem with money flow. :wub:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Warren Spector, the guy behind Deus Ex and many other great games just started up a new company that will focus on first-person RPGs in the style of System Shock, Deus Ex and Ultima Underworld.

First-Person you say? I'll pass. I hate playing RPGs in anything but 3rd person.

Anyway, why not play a FP RPG ? I don't see the problem. :(

What bad experiences have brought you to this conclusion? Or is it a game-mechanics pov? (Why?)

that's a healthy attitude for sombody to have but you have to have a problem with money flow. :p

I wish that were true.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

i just have problems getting a job (i realllly hate working in food service). Personally i would love to see a sw game like deus. only problem is that you would have to generate a whole new backround and cast from scratch. of just a event but if you do you have to fit it into the overall continuity.

Hmm thread called whining about KOTOR1 and 2 and people are whining about FPS and RPG combos??! Oh well :D

Thought i'd bring it a bit more on track....

...Has anyone else here had the problem of going into combat, with NPS's right behind me, only to get surrounded by about 4 or 5 enemies near me, and my NPC's standing there like lemons..

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening because its incredibly annoying.

P.S can feel this thread coming dangerously close to Bukkake :(

for me it's either lemons or idiots. They either do nothing or charge headlong into a small army while armed with nothing but a hold out blaster. obvously the ai needs some serious work

The worst is the camp on the surface of Telos, where you have several groups of enemies scattered across the area. It's hard to persuade your party not to split up and attack three different groups at the same time.

Another problem is when you kill one opponent, your character is automatically instructed to attack the next opponent. Even if you force her to run away to heal, she'll often immediately try to run back and get slaughtered. :(

Still, it's not as if the combat is actually hard, so I'm not that bothered. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yea your right the combat isnt particularly hard, but even on ranged or stationary attack they allways attack people you dont want them to and in the end requires an excessive amount of medpacs..

grrrr <_<

for me it's either lemons lemmings or idiots. They either do nothing or charge headlong into a small army while armed with nothing but a hold out blaster. obvously the ai needs some serious work

:shifty:

No one ever use the queu orders system?

I tried to use it all the time. It didn't work. (Well, actually there was a manual way to force it to work.) All the queued commands would be lost and replaced by the "AI-chosen" combat commands, which typically were completely inappropriate (like attacking with no weapon, or healing with no injury).

The only way to make the queue work was to jump between each combatant and load their queue, before each queue got started, and then jump between them all to maintain the queues integrity (so defeatng the purpose of the queue in the first place, as you have to maintain the queue manually). Add to this the broken solo command: there is no way to enter a battle and stay fighting solo; your team will charge into battle even if they are set to a defensive posture.

Still, as Steve said, the combat was laughable so it didn't matter in the end for getting through the game; it just meant that the suspension of disbelief was interrupted yet again.

<_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You also had to clear the existing queue for all the characters who were not instigating hostilities; this involved targeting an enemy, in first person (so you switch to the each of the other two combatants in turn), and when the queue appeared (full), erasing the (probably inappropriate) combat commands and re-queueing the ones you wanted. This was a trick, because you had to target an enemy twice, because the first time the queue wouldn't show up (which was similar to when the queue is empty), and only after the second attack would the already-full queue appear, wihtout the two previous commands you entered. :shifty:

It just became frustrating so that I ended up not bothering (let 'em fall over, they get up again later and I can heal them).

;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

ahhh the glorious power of force heal with a really high wis/treat injury.

What always drove me mad is when Kreia would use all her FP on defensive powers in a fight against two cannoks.  Yeah, I'm really going to need Force Valor to win this one.

The worst was Force Speed. She'd always use that AFTER the fight, so I'd spend the next minute or so running super fast for no reason at all.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What always drove me mad is when Kreia would use all her FP on defensive powers in a fight against two cannoks.  Yeah, I'm really going to need Force Valor to win this one.

That is one thing that really annoyed me again. Kreia and Bastila were the only people in my games to actually use it, when i never actually need it!! I dont even know what it does, it just seems to me to be similar to Battle Meditation. :)

The worst was Force Speed. She'd always use that AFTER the fight, so I'd spend the next minute or so running super fast for no reason at all.

I ALWAYS have force speed active. Don't everyone?

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

I ALWAYS have force speed active. Don't everyone?

Of course; the first Force Power I select on Peragus II, and it's on continually from there (Force Points permitting, in the beginning).

There is a bug on Dantooine, in the underlevel; after the Force Speed expires, the visuals don't change (the outlook stays blurry).

This is only slightly compensated by the fact that the power lasts for about ten minutes, rather than thirty seconds ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

all i would use force speed to do is go through the civilized areas because otherwise i'm trying to earn exp. and that was mainly in kotor 1

Nah, speed it all the way.

I like to roleplay a monk because they get Monk Speed at third level, every three levels they gain another 10% haste. Add some boots of speed, when they turn up, and I'm zipping around the game map in fifth gear! (The half-damage feat is a nifty bonus; avoid traps or take half damage...)

You can actually run into and out of the battle (especially with the Dodge feat tree, minimizing and eventually avoiding attacks of opportunity).

Speed also grants a bonus to the character's DC.

:p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT