Hyperspace Travel

Uldin

Centrifugal force is the phantom force. It makes you think that you are moving to the outside of a spinning object. What you really feel is the wall pushing you inwards, towards the origin of rotation. You get the feeling of moving outwards because inertia wants to keep you moving in a straight line.

Centripetal force the real force that causes the acceleration.

F = ma. If you have acceleration, you have a force. It's what changes the direction part of your vector. Any time an object changes it's inertial state, (remembering that velocity is a vector quantity with magnitude and direction....I accidentally forgot this myself earlier) a force is required. That's where Newton's 1st Law comes in (Law of Inertia).

Centripetal Force is specifically F = m * v^2/r, and v^2/r is the centripetal acceleration (as shown by equating the two equations to get ma = m * v^2/r where masses cancel and you get a = v^2/r).

If you were to remove all inerta possible and to remove all gavatational anomolies the object you did this to would seem to dissapear because it's staying in one place in the universe. What you have to remember is that everything else is moving. We rotate around the planets axis the planet rotates around the sun the sun rotates around the center of our galaxy, the galaxy is moving in a cluster the cluster is moving away from other cluster , and so on and so forth. basically what happens is that the object that is frozen in place for one second becomes the fastest moving object in the universe (relativly) its wierd. i'm guessing that if you calculated right and you figured out just how you had to do everything (IE you could find the point where going out one way would bring you back the other) you could probably use this to find away around the galaxy.

I would think that that would require an absolute space plane though. If something is static, with zero forces acting on it entirely, then it would simply maintain its inertia. It would be moving in one specific direction and not stop (unless it hit something).

Wouldn't there be some sort of action-reaction thing though that would prevent the Earth's orbit from actually changing, since everyone in China is orbitting too?

Not that I'm sure it would matter.....

Mass of earth is about 6.0 x 10^24 kg

Average mass of man is 70 kg

I'm going to ignore kids and women, which will give the estimate a high bias....

1.3 billion people in China x 70 kg = 9.1 x 10^10 kg

Which is roughly 0.000000000000015 or 1.5 x 10^-14 Earth Masses, or 1.5 x 10^-12 % of Earth's Mass.

I doubt it'd be significant, even if they could push off with a force equalling a few times their body weight.

Although I would still contend that we are a closed system and even if we were to all jump it wouldn't make much of a difference.  I would think you'd need something exceptionally energetic (like Nukes or something....but even then) to make an impact on the orbit of the Earth.

But I'm just speculating....I haven't taken Astronomy in a little while.

Did you also add the height of the jump and how fast they were falling(9.8m/s^2)?

This would give a more accurate discription of the force need. Even though it would need to be against the sun.

My thought's on "hyperspace" not lightspeed is finding a dimension that is pararell to ours and opening a "Gateway" of sorts, wither this to be a permantent or just a rift that was ripped open by brute force or munipulated at a quantium level, to this universe and be able once in to putch back out. i am not going into the math required as I am out of School for the summer and I've had enough of it till next year, so feel free to tear or support this.

just for those of you who haven't taken a science class recently means basicly to get to the speed of light, you would need to increase the energy to propel a object of mass to reach the speed of light but to do that you would need to increase the mass of the ship and this would continue intill you hit invinite

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Did you also add the height of the jump and how fast they were falling(9.8m/s^2)?

This would give a more accurate discription of the force need. Even though it would need to be against the sun.

I used body mass because there's a correlation between the amount of force that you can put into your jump and your body mass.

If you were to remove all inerta possible and to remove all gavatational anomolies the object you did this to would seem to dissapear because it's staying in one place in the universe. What you have to remember is that everything else is moving. We rotate around the planets axis the planet rotates around the sun the sun rotates around the center of our galaxy, the galaxy is moving in a cluster the cluster is moving away from other cluster , and so on and so forth. basically what happens is that the object that is frozen in place for one second becomes the fastest moving object in the universe (relativly) its wierd. i'm guessing that if you calculated right and you figured out just how you had to do everything (IE you could find the point where going out one way would bring you back the other) you could probably use this to find away around the galaxy.

What you are proposing is to make an object static with respect to the aether. Since there is no such thing as an universally static system of reference (or aether), to do such a thing is simply not possible.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Did you also add the height of the jump and how fast they were falling(9.8m/s^2)?  This would give a more accurate discription of the force need. Even though it would need to be against the sun.

uh, action-reaction rules apply dude. in order for them to jump, they must first overcome gravity (9.8m/s^2). jumping up and then falling back has a zero net reaction.

taks

comrade taks... just because.