Lightsabers?????

Yeah look on the back of your KII case lol it shows a jedi in grey robes with a double bladed cyan saber on the ice acadomy fighting the 3 HK-50s lol I thought i missed it the first time i plaed through.

When they gamve was first annonced the had planed to have you find your saber on perogos(sp) then they decided to have Atris hold it for you and you could get it from her somehow then i herd they decided to make it really powerful even without crystals and all and you would get it when you fight her near the end

Then they just chucked the whole idea and you got what you got.

The most you'll get is a single lightsaber part, either from the Ithorians, or Czerka, by the time you leave Telos. There are no parts available at Atris' academy, either.

I usually suggest going to Dantooine first, if you want to get a couple of quick lightsabers. Assuming that you're sufficiently dark or light, and have triggered Visas spawning, you'll get a second part from her if you simply exit the ship and re-enter it.

You can get the third and final part you need from Jorran, either by killing him, or rescuing him and buying the part (and some crystals or upgrades) from him.

Once you assemble the saber, any further locations that would have spawned a part, will give you a whole saber instead. You can get another one by forging the will in the Enclave (from the dead salvager), and then speaking with Zherron. Do this before going to the caves, or else you might not get the opportunity. You'll get a small amount of DS points, but at this stage, it's not significant.

After you finish the final battle in Khoonda, whether you took the LS or DS, you'll get another whole saber from Master Vrook. Thus, if you play your cards right, you'll have three sabers by the time you leave Dantooine.

I know this is not a K3 thread but....I'm of the school of thought that says the PC should definitely have a lightsaber within the first 3 hours of the game. Waiting 10-15 hours is bad for someone who is supposed to be the last Jedi hope.

I have no problem waiting for additional lightsabers and waiting for really good upgrades. But there is no reason why your PC should not have a lightsaber early on.

I know this is not a K3 thread but....I'm of the school of thought that says the PC should definitely have a lightsaber within the first 3 hours of the game.  Waiting 10-15 hours is bad for someone who is supposed to be the last Jedi hope.

I have no problem waiting for additional lightsabers and waiting for really good upgrades.  But there is no reason why your PC should not have a lightsaber early on.

I kind of agree here.

I find my self saving level ups until I get my saber in KotOR II so I'm not "wasting" feats on non-saber related stuff... Kind of annoying.