5 Heads of Bioware

While BIO has been rather quiet on the E3 front, and actual announcemtns this year; they have done a short yet semi informative interview at the link below:

http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=27

The following answer is the mos interesting paprt to me:

"This year, we wanted to ensure that the development teams on each of our upcoming products are able to focus on development, rather than interrupting that process to create an E3 demo. We

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"But if the controls are so specially adapted to the Xbox controller, how will that work?"

Not, that I worry since I alreayd own the game; but that will be interetsing for those who have waited for a PC version. I just don't see how a keyboard and mouse can successfully replace a controller for this game. I just can't...

Project lines.. I presume that includes all the NWN stuff under one 'line'.

Your numbers are off, anywyas, as they have at least 3 actual games under development...

1- Dragon Age

2 - Undisclosed game for next gen consoles (x-box)

3 - Undisclosed game for both console and PC...

Your math skillz need help. :)

Yea, and we assume one is Star Citadel, since they patented the name. My guess would be the new gen console game.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

5 projects... Hmm.. I think it could be Dragon Age, Star Citedal, Jade Empire 2, Jade Empire (PC), and NWN stuff. :)"

:p

If Star Citadel isn't the Unreal-powered firstperson game, then that's another project. Somehow, Jade Empire for the PC doesn't really seem like it's going to happen. Not because it's not possible, but because I don't think there'd be much to gain.

And wasn't there talks about them working on some more other NWN modules?

And, oh, Ellester, for the record at last count BIO had 200+ employees. At the time that was mentioned BIo said they didn't want to grow any larger yet every so often new BIO BLANKS show up on the baords. I wouldn't doubt they are closer to 300 now...

What's funny is that theys eme to growing even thoguh they supposedly don't really want to... Heh.

As for publishing; they haven't ruled out doing so in the future.

"And wasn't there talks about them working on some more other NWN modules?"

Aye. I figure that all the NWN stuff - patches, Live Team, modules - alla r eincluded in one 'project line' since they basically are like 10 peole max working on them at a time.

One new Premium module has been 'announced'...

As for JE on PC; I dunno; it would guarantee some more monies. I think it depends on if they think they cna turn a nice profit off it to make it worth the while..

Remember that Bio. have a dedicated Technology team who are working on new tech for future titles, so they probably have in place:

1. DA team

2. Tech team

3. Super dooper secret console team

4. Live team (working on NWN modules, patches plus other support)

5. Another project in early development (JE PC, Star Citadel etc)

"But if the controls are so specially adapted to the Xbox controller, how will that work?"

Not, that I worry since I alreayd own the game; but that will be interetsing for those who have waited for a PC version. I just don't see how a keyboard and mouse can successfully replace a controller for this game. I just can't...

This is one of the reasons I'm slowly moving towards console gaming (waits for death threats). When it comes to games where even the slightest bit of "twitch" gaming is required, I enjoy it more on console than PC. Games like BG, PST, and even KOTOR are okay and a lot of times better on the PC, but a game like JE is better suited (control wise) to a console, IMHO.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)