PS3 vs Xbox 360

I'm of the opinion that the contract between MS and SE might be of the same nature as the latter recently had with Nintendo. Most likely, the X360 will get one lowkey offshoot of the FF series, just as GC did with Crystal Chronicles. I hope for more, but my faith is lacking. Besides, FFXI is considered a betrayal by half the fans. And with the recent release of several high profile MMORPGs I seriously doubt this game will make a comeback on the Xbox.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

According to 1up.com, Microsoft has signed Square Enix for XB releases. 

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3140609

If this deal will eventually exclude Sony support from Final Fantasy XII and beyond, that may well herald the end of PS3.  Disturbing, indeed.  Square's defection from Nintendo made the Playstation a serious contender.  It could do the same for Microsoft.  Money-grubbing, yes.  Dumb, no. 

It doesn't really matter which is the better system.  It's the game titles, now and future, that will sell it.

Its not going to exclude the PS3. It will either be a cross platform deal, so the FF games will be released on both, or it will be like the Gamecube deal, where they'll release one or two exclusives on the 360, while keeping the flagship titles on the PS3. They will never exclude the PS3, they can't because Sony owns a major part of the company. So far the deal is just that FFXI will be on the 360. FFXII is still a PS2 exclusive.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If this deal will eventually exclude Sony support from Final Fantasy XII and beyond, that may well herald the end of PS3.  Disturbing, indeed.  Square's defection from Nintendo made the Playstation a serious contender.  It could do the same for Microsoft.  Money-grubbing, yes.  Dumb, no. 

It doesn't really matter which is the better system.  It's the game titles, now and future, that will sell it.

Umm... no.

The PS3 will not die just because a has-been game maker has moved to microsoft.

Umm... no.

Well, seeing as the FF series and the Dragon Warrior series are I believe the top selling franchises in Japan, having Square-Enix support could make or break a system in Japan. The Xbox failed in Japan last gen because it didn't have any japanese style RPGs, which I believe are the biggest sellers over there.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I am not very impressed of the PS3:s controllers but they can never compete in the horror that was the N64:s. Those boys were NASTY and gave me and my friends some really bad aches in our hands and wrists.

BTW, did Sony lose the right to the old dualshock or something? Considering that the old PS2:s controller was one of the best ever, why would they change them so much?

Both Sony and M$ got sued for rumble pack. MS bought part of the company that sueing and own the rights and sony has appeal in court to keep selling the controllers and games supported by them without have to pay MS.

http://news.spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=8511&ngb2=oxy

However I'll be waiting a year to see the final products of PS3. Nothing else I can go out and buy all the PS2 games I wanted cheap. :p

Lets talk about size on the disk 54GB compared to 9GB. PS3 will have so much more room for dev. this could be great or bad. Dev won't need to cut stuff for space on PS3 however they might not cuts things needed to be cut. Also think how PS could repackage games of the past and put 2-4 old rpg on one disk. (w00t) Not to metion how large they could make RPG game.

Lets talk about size on the disk 54GB compared to 9GB.

54 Gb? Naah, make it an even 100 Gb!

Unfortunately for us there's no correlation between storage space and the size of the RPG's. I mean Ultima 5 on the Commodore 64 was probably ten times larger (longer?) than Neverwinter Nights, yet required less than 1/1000 of the storage space of Neverwinter Nights. More space usually equals more pre-rendered (and, in my opinion, totally meaningless) movies. I wish every RPG was about the size of.. World of Warcraft..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

more space means a prettier game.

As long as it has substance too, I'm not complaining.  :-"

Maybe they'll start including extras like concept art, behind the scenes featurettes and such :p

Devastatorsig.jpg

Umm... no.

Quote from the article to demonstrate that the Square Enix deal actually reiterates PS3's superiority:

If the day could be summed up in a microcosm, it would be Square Enix' story that explained events best. Yoichi Wada, the firm's president, made two stops today. At the Sony conference, he was one of many developers presenting stunning tech demos - in his case, a truly stunning real-time recreation of the opening to Final Fantasy VII, using characters almost as high quality as those seen in the forthcoming Advent Children movie. Within a matter of hours, he had another stop to make - this time with a headline billing at the Microsoft conference, where he revealed that Square Enix will be supporting Xbox 360... With the release of a four year old massively multiplayer game that's already available on PS2 and PC.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Neither has really impressed me so far.

Sony showed off a bunch of CG movies and tech demos of what stuff might look like on the PS3 3 or 4 years down the road.

Microsoft showed off a bunch of chuggy games running on alpha dev kits and their press conference was really boring.

Nintendo showed what the Revolution looks like (although it wasn't the final design) and said nothing about its "revolutionary" feature.

E3 really sucked this year.

Will the PS3 be backwards compatible in the spirit of its handsome yet aged elder brother? I pur-chased an x-box last generation, thus missing out on so many bizarre Japanese RPG's. I don't know which to go for this time around.

Neither has really impressed me so far. 

Sony showed off a bunch of CG movies and tech demos of what stuff might look like on the PS3 3 or 4 years down the road.

Microsoft showed off a bunch of chuggy games running on alpha dev kits and their press conference was really boring.

Nintendo showed what the Revolution looks like (although it wasn't the final design) and said nothing about its "revolutionary" feature. 

E3 really sucked this year.

Those quotes in your sig are hilarious.

Also, Sony showed off a few in game demos, Unreal Tournament 2007, Fight Night Round 3, Killing Time, and the VP of SCEA swears the Killzone 2 footage was in game. I'm not sure I believe him, but thats what he says.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I don't give a crap if the PS3's games look better than the Xbox360's, I'm getting the next xbox for its games. Lets see, Playstation: Grand Theft Auto, from what I hear they're all the same thing. FF, never looked interrsesting to me. Will playstation have any decent online system like Xbox has? Will there be a Playstation Live that has download content and voice capablity? Also, Xbox, lets see, of course it'll have Halo3 (lets hope it's better than Halo2 was) and unreal turnament2007 from what I hear will be on the 360 and have online ability. Of course, the 360 will most likely have Jade Empire2 and KOTOR3. And, even though I don't care about backwards compatablity seeing as how I'm keeping my Xbox1 it will most likly play Xbox1 games. IMO Xbox360 looks more promising.

EDIT: I've also heard some good things about Perfect Dark Zero. I'll keep my eye on that game.

I agree that the graphics are not a major concern, it's the games. However, sometimes I feel that being an Xbox owner, has made me used to playing Xbox games. This is why I may be slightly biased towards the Xbox 360 as it has games I recognize and know I will enjoy such as Halo and Fable.

Buying a PS3 would be a bit of a risk, as I don't know if I would enjoy the sort of games that are on a PlayStation. However, I took this sort of risk when buying an Xbox so there's no reason I would not do it again.

I don't give a crap if the PS3's games look better than the Xbox360's, I'm getting the next xbox for its games. Lets see, Playstation: Grand Theft Auto, from what I hear they're all the same thing. FF, never looked interrsesting to me. Will playstation have any decent online system like Xbox has? Will there be a Playstation Live that has download content and voice capablity? Also, Xbox, lets see, of course it'll have Halo3 (lets hope it's better than Halo2 was) and unreal turnament2007 from what I hear will be on the 360 and have online ability. Of course, the 360 will most likely have Jade Empire2 and KOTOR3. And, even though I don't care about backwards compatablity seeing as how I'm keeping my Xbox1 it will most likly play Xbox1 games. IMO Xbox360 looks more promising.

And thats the best reason for going with a particular console. I for instance have chosen the PS3 for the same reason. FF, apparently Rockstar wants to really get revolutionary with GTA 4, and considering how far they pushed GTA: San Andreas, I have plenty of faith in them. MGS4, its getting Bioware support this gen, likely the next few Suikoden games, if Killzone 2 looks as good as that demo then I'd be getting that too. Where on the Xbox so far there's.... well nothing I'm interested in. Apparently it will have more japanese RPG support this gen so we'll see what happens later, but from the sounds of the potential, I might be getting both this gen.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If this rumour turns out to be true, then the choice is quite obvious to me: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126410.html

Also, GTA: San Andreas is one of the best games I've ever played on any platform. Saying all GTA's are the same is kind of tragic. You should really try playing them (especially GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas) and form your own opinion.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Also, GTA: San Andreas is one of the best games I've ever played on any platform. Saying all GTA's are the same is kind of tragic. You should really try playing them (especially GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas) and form your own opinion.

Well, GTA never appealed to me. It's just I've heard from tons of people that each new GTA that comes out really only adds a small bit compared to the last one.