Deus Ex: Invisible War

Has anyone used both at the same time with a clean install with the 1.2 patch? Any problems? Impressions? Thoughts? Feedback appreciated :blink:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I'm not sure just what patch I had when I used the game, but I installed all of those texture packs and it worked fine. When was patch 1.2 released?

It made some things look fab, but it's a bit uneven when some areas and people are high-res textured and some not :blink:

There was no performance change due to the higher res textures that I could tell.

EDIT: Guy Gavriel Kay fan? :-

Has anyone used both at the same time with a clean install with the 1.2 patch? Any problems? Impressions? Thoughts? Feedback appreciated :(

My version is 1.2 (I bought it the day it was released, and there doesn't seem to be an online upgrade) -- don't know about texture packs!? Where dyagetit? :cool:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks muchly, Baley! :lol:

Are Koif's best? I suppose I should install that first because I don't want to have to uninstall and re-install the game again... :lol:

I'll post my result here when I have done so. :cool:

Oh-oh. Can't download John P's textures from his website. There will be a short delay ....

... Downloading John P's now (from Gamespot)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Thanks muchly, Baley! :lol:

Are Koif's best? I suppose I should install that first because I don't want to have to uninstall and re-install the game again... :lol:

I'll post my result here when I have done so. :cool:

Oh-oh. Can't download John P's textures from his website. There will be a short delay .... :ph34r:

I don't remember Koif's textures, but I know that John P's textures are good.

There SHOULD be a texture pack containing John P's textures along with a whole bunch of other high-res textures (maybe Koif's as well?). Although the male PC looks a bit weird.

EDIT: Hmm... that texture pack smells like Koif texture pack. I think you can install the koif one, then John P's over that. If this is what I did, then I believe that John P's textures far surpass those of the Koif pack.

EDIT 2: This may be what I used http://deusex2.filefront.com/file/DXIW_texture_pack;22988

From the John P. installation readme:

"If you do decide to install the Community Texture Pack as well, I recommend that you install it first, then install this Cumulative Texturepack afterwards. "

(The community texture pack is aka "Kaif", to us.)

Thanks Fionavar for a great topic! :cool:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"If you do decide to install the Community Texture Pack as well, I recommend that you install it first, then install this Cumulative Texturepack afterwards.  "

The community texturepack does contain some John P textures though, right? At least Koif has some of the John P textures in the screenshots on his/her website.

"If you do decide to install the Community Texture Pack as well, I recommend that you install it first, then install this Cumulative Texturepack afterwards.  "

The community texturepack does contain some John P textures though, right? At least Koif has some of the John P textures in the screenshots on his/her website.

Yeah, a little bit further down the same readme it says he had some earlier versions included in the community pack, which is why you install it first (from a clean install) and then his on top. :(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

God, I remember back in the Ion Storm boards when everyone was so uppity about John P.'s new.fangled work. Felt like the game had got content patch; evryone was up and about.

Now it feels like lightyears ago. I want ISA boards back, godammit.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

God, I remember back in the Ion Storm boards when everyone was so uppity about John P.'s new.fangled work. Felt like the game had got content patch; evryone was up and about.

Now it feels like lightyears ago. I want ISA boards back, godammit.

Yep, I'm off to play it now, I reckon. Oh, and I came across a strapline yesterday that said something about JC Denton turned off the Aquinas Router and it took some time to turn it back on -- meaning that JCD didn't blow it up at the end of Deus Ex.

More as it happens...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, that has done something serious to the game.

All the text has disapeared on the menus, and there is a large solid-coloured block partially obscuring the load screens. :lol:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

All the text has disapeared on the menus, and there is a large solid-coloured block partially obscuring the load screens.  :lol:

European version of the game? I remember you had to move all the /dynamicallyloaded/ whatnot to /dittofolder/engrish/ or summin if you had the european version. Of course, I'm not even sure if you're talking about a result of having installed the texture pack or not ^_^;;

All the text has disapeared on the menus, and there is a large solid-coloured block partially obscuring the load screens.  :)

European version of the game? I remember you had to move all the /dynamicallyloaded/ whatnot to /dittofolder/engrish/ or summin if you had the european version. Of course, I'm not even sure if you're talking about a result of having installed the texture pack or not ^_^;;

It did ask me if I wanted the English - US or English - UK version, and I selected the latter.

It did ask me about an ini file that was replaced (and of course, being an experienced technology user, I backed it up :D ), so I'll look at that and the ..\dynamicallyloaded\.. affair. Thanks for the tip.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

All the text has disapeared on the menus, and there is a large solid-coloured block partially obscuring the load screens.  :o

It did ask me if I wanted the English - US or English - UK version, and I selected the latter.

It did ask me about an ini file that was replaced (and of course, being an experienced technology user, I backed it up :D ), so I'll look at that and the ..\dynamicallyloaded\.. affair. Thanks for the tip.

If you have v1.2 from scratch (i.e 1.2 on the game disc), then it's the european version. If you have to patch the game to 1.2, it's the US version.

All the text has disapeared on the menus, and there is a large solid-coloured block partially obscuring the load screens.  :o

If you have v1.2 from scratch (i.e 1.2 on the game disc), then it's the european version. If you have to patch the game to 1.2, it's the US version.

Sorry, yes I have 1.2 on the DVD, I was talking about the mods: they ask if you want British or US English.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

SNIPPED!  :ph34r:

Oh... mods. I haven't installed any mods, other than the texture pack. But the european version, as you have, store the .dds files and stuff in a different subfolder, as I mentioned earlier. Try and copy all the stuff from dynamicallyloaded (man, I wish I could remember the exact folder) to dynloaded(?)/english. Note: Copy, not cut. Might mess stuff up otherwise.

There should be a thread about this on some DE2 forum though, where it's explained better.

Oh... mods. I haven't installed any mods, other than the texture pack. But the european version, as you have, store the .dds files and stuff in a different subfolder, as I mentioned earlier. Try and copy all the stuff from dynamicallyloaded (man, I wish I could remember the exact folder) to dynloaded(?)/english. Note: Copy, not cut. Might mess stuff up otherwise.

There should be a thread about this on some DE2 forum though, where it's explained better.

mods = texture packs. :o

cp C:\...\Deus Ex - Invisible War\Content\DX2\Textures\DynamicallyLoaded\. C:\...\Deus Ex - Invisible War\Content\DX2\Textures\DynamicallyLoaded\English

:(

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

mods = texture packs. :o

Here you go mate:

(From Koif, on Eidos DE2 forum)

"Ion Storm have managed to make it so that the european version of DX2 doesnt like the texture pack...

"To fix it you need to go to your Program Files/Deus Ex - Invisible War/Content/DX2/Textures/DynamicallyLoaded folder.

Select all the files in this folder and copy them to the appropriate english/german/etc subfolder."

Hehe, I also found Fionavar's original post...

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96505

I read something about someone who had messed up fonts, but I can't remember if it was on Eidos forum on somewhere else.

... man, now I'm pondering installing this game again...

... Do I want to be invisible to people of bots?

... Should I take Hacking or Bot Domination?

:ermm:"

Hehe.:-)

Go with hacking. You can get money from the ATMs (even the one in the middle of that military base if you watch the guard patterns) which you can then put towards more biomod canisters.

The higher your hacking level, the more money you get IIRC.

... man, now I'm pondering installing this game again...

... Do I want to be invisible to people of bots?

... Should I take Hacking or Bot Domination?

:ermm:"

Hehe.:lol:)

Hmm, I took hacking... don't remember if I took any invisibility, but if I did it was certainly against bots (since that includes cameras, I believe). Isn't there a third option though? *checks the manual*

Electrostatic discharge is what I took, and neural interface. :-

You can be both invisible to bots and living beings in this game, buddy ^_^

I was just trying to get you interested in playing again (well, at least I got you to get the manual out! :p ) -- the questions were rhetorical. :-"

Having said that, I took Hacking (never did see the point of Bot Domination) -- but I didn't think I could be invisible to people and Bots at the same time; I'd better check that! >_<

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT