How's the game without the

Master speed and Flurry?

I really think that Master speed + Flurry is really a power gamer combo.. who else would disagree with me? A combination of both, with Juyo form and Dual lightsabers is an evil 10 attacks per round.

But has anyone actually played KOTOR without resorting to using master speed for attacking?

I am pretty sure all of you have gone a route like this

Master speed

Master Valor

Master battle meditation

Master Heal.

Am I wrong? But that is a pretty usual lightside setup.

But in your opinion how much harder would it be for your character if you didn't go a power gaming route?

For example you only have burst of speed, force barrier, force wave, lightsaber throw, first tier of force heal?

Master speed and Flurry?

I really think that Master speed + Flurry is really a power gamer combo.. who else would disagree with me? A combination of both, with Juyo form and Dual lightsabers is an evil 10 attacks per round.

But has anyone actually played KOTOR without resorting to using master speed for attacking?

I am pretty sure all of you have gone a route like this

Master speed

Master Valor

Master battle meditation

Master Heal.

Am I wrong? But that is a pretty usual lightside setup.

But in your opinion how much harder would it be for your character if you didn't go a power gaming route?

For example you only have burst of speed, force barrier, force wave, lightsaber throw, first tier of force heal?

Flurry and Heal yes, the rest of your list I never use and I still find it easy.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I focus on lightsaber combat and say screw the rest you know. I use master heal, and mostly power attack. I got flurry so that my combat wouldn't look so repetitive.

I went on hard without speed at all so I don't know what you're talking about.

I did get those powers though, just because I had to though.

I never used this "usual" setup. There are other strategies that can be developed that can be more effective or useful in varying situations. Half the time I never even bothered with Speed, despite the fact that I'd used it extensively in the original Kotor. I found my attacks to be far more powerful this time around, and therefore rarely required the Force to enhance them.

I never used this "usual" setup. There are other strategies that can be developed that can be more effective or useful in varying situations. Half the time I never even bothered with Speed, despite the fact that I'd used it extensively in the original Kotor. I found my attacks to be far more powerful this time around, and therefore rarely required the Force to enhance them.

Actually what I meant was no usage of attack skills what so ever.

Like no master flurry, Critical strike, power attack etc.

I never play the game with any of the Force powers you mentioned... they are all useless except for heal, but I rarley use that. The force powers make the game far to easy. I have played the game with just basic attacks about half way through untill I land on malachor (?) Its not that horrible... Its just long, but there are some people you battle where you need to use them or else you will have to redo it many times to make the rolls fall in your favor

I never play the game with any of the Force powers you mentioned... they are all useless except for  heal, but I rarley use that. The force powers make the game far to easy. I have played the game with just basic attacks about half way through untill I land on malachor (?) Its not that horrible... Its just long, but there are some people you battle where you need to use them or else you will have to redo it many times to make the rolls fall in your favor

Oh yeah in every case where the exile isn't there, the game is very hard. Same with Kreia.

I don't know why, maybe all the NPCS can't compete with 100% Jedi. We don't exactly see our first Djedi till Malachor and they're nothing but punks like the ones in Jedi Academy.

Same kind of Jedi, they feed off the force... interesting to think of it anyhow the group in Jedi Academy seem a lot like the Jedi in K2.