Make MDK 3

Bokishi

Abandonware is not legal. You better remove that linky...

It's not legal to distribute abanonware :-

Abandonware is not legal.The law prohibits anybody from copying a commercial game if the copy is not for a personal use, by extension, it's forbidden to offer games on Internet and it is also forbidden to download a game if you don't own the original one. A game is protected by law for 70 years.

In practice, it's a bit different because abandonware is usually well tolerated by game owners/producers. Everything on this website is free. No paypal, no phonepass, or other stupid things like this. (exept for donations)

We do it for fun, and 'cause we love oldies.

You'll find also a support & discussion forum in french & english language.

If you're a software company and you do not want to see your game on this website, please contact us by clicking here

:("

Copying the game and giving it away for free is also illegal. The End-User License Agreements on old floppy-disk games only allowed you to make one copy as a backup. Selling multiple copies of the game is more likely to attract nasty letters from lawyers than giving it away for free, but both are illegal, at least in the UK.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

This is the reason why the copyright laws need to be rewritten for computer based media. Who in the world can make money off of 20 year old computer software? Noone. And then it's only 50 more years to go before it becomes free-ware. Why not make it default 10 years, with the option for the author to extend the license if need be? That way, you wouldn't break any laws when you're reliving your youth through old games (that you have to download, because it's the only option) and the copyright holders would still have complete control over their intellecual properties.

I've tried finding a new copy of The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall for ages now, but the only ones selling off of Ebay are going for like.. 1000$ each. Those damn collectors..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

(w00t) They're actually trying to change the law :lol: ...this makes me happy...very happy :D

As for Daggerfall I still don't get why Bethsoft's not allowing it to be considered Abandonware...if they're not even selling them anymore :ermm:

The same goes for LA :o

As much as I loved the first MDK, I enjoyed the second one because of the weapon creating dynamic. Plus, Max was totally awesome, 4 uzis at once! :D

I can only imagine how much more awesome that weapons creation system would have been if it was more dynamic and had more combinations.

As for Obsidian making MDK 3, all I have to say is YES!

No Bio should stick to RPGs >_< ...and it's not their sequel to make :( ...Shiny should have done the second one too...They were great :wub::)

I'm not saying it wasn't a good game..it just wasn't as good as the first :(

PlanetMoon has proven they're funny enough to make MDK3 :wub::blink: