Volourn's NWN Module

Volourn

wichita.area.gif

http://www.wichitagov.org/

Your campaign is set in Kansas? Its medieval Kansas, but still... isnt that were Wizard of Oz begins?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

None if I can help it. <>

I hate 'em.

I'll probably use some things thta ae semi puzzles; but unless neccesasary no full fledge puzzles...

Wicheta does not equal Witcheta. Sorry. >_<

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

None if I can help it. <>

I hate 'em.

I'll probably use some things thta ae semi puzzles; but unless neccesasary no full fledge puzzles...

Well, you will undoubtably have some sort of "gatekeeper" who will require a passphrase. Something one has, something one knows and something one can do: that there is a three-factor security puzzle (made eminently more solvable by having completed a previous quest, no doubt).

The murder mystery in KotOR was a very good implementation. The "Towers of Hanoi" puzzle in the last tomb of Korriban from the same game was not (I think I managed to complete it in about twenty seconds iIrc, as I have encountered it many, many times before.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The Undead and Planar summons are ready to be unveiled to the masses (read a couple) who ar einterested in the module. The summons themselves are pretty set; but the requirements not neccessarily so. And, oh, if anyone cna up with better names for the neutral planar summons; I'm all ears. All summons available are shown except for the TOP SECRET GATE spell, and the last 2 summons from Create Greater Undead.

Here goes...

UNDEAD SUMMONS

-----------------------

-----------------------

Requirements/Results:

Animate Undead - Permenant 'til killed/turned, may have max of 1 per spell type, 100xp, only evil, 1 skele knuckle, +1 evil point as this spell corrupts even the already corrupted...

Create Undead - Permenant 'til killed/turned, may have max of 1 per spell type, 250xp, only evil, 1 skele knuckle, +2 evil point as this spell corrupts even the already corrupted...

Permenant 'til killed/turned, may have max of 1 per spell type, 500xp, , 1 skele knuckle, +4 evil and chaos points as this spell corrupts even the already corrupted., +2 evil/chaos if summoning good undead as even for a good cause using undead will eat away at the soul albeit slowly, no neutrals allowed as the Undead are so corrupted they abhor it..

Creature Summons:

Animate Undead

------------------

Level 1-6: Skeletal Archer

Level 7-12: Skeletal Warrior

Level 13+: Skeletal Chieftain

Create Undead

-----------------

Level 12 + Under: Tyrantfog Zombie

Level 13-15: Greater Shadow

Level 16-18: Wrathful Wraith

Level 19+: Vampire Warrior

Create Greater Undead

---------------------------

Level 16 + Under: Cryptkeeper (G), or Ghoul Ravager (E)

Level 17-18: Revenant (G), or Bodak (E)

Level 19-20: Baelnorn (G), or Lich (E)

Level 21+: SECRAT

PLANAR SUMMONS

---------------------

---------------------

Requirements/Results:

Lesser Planar Binding - 8hr duration, 100xp, 250gp

Planar Blinding/Planar Ally - 8hr duration, 250xp, 500gp

Greater Planar Blinding - 8hr duration, 500xp, 1000gp

Gate - 24hr duration, 1000xp, 5000gp

Creature Summons:

Lesser Planar Blinding: Lantern Archon (G), Wise One (N), or Red Imp (E)

Planar Blinding/Planar Ally: Hound Archon (G), Guiding Light (N), or Succubus Slave (E)

Greater Planar Blinding: Celestial Avenger (G), Nature Golem (N), or Vicious Vrock (E)

Gate: TOP SECRAT SUMMONS. However, there is one summon for goo, neutral, and evil characters. This is the most powerful, an dmost costly summons in the entire game not counting epic spells...

BLADE SUMMONS

--------------------

Requirements/Results:

Shelgarn's Persistant Blade - 10gp, platinum dagger, lasts 1r/l, does magic damage

Mordenkainen's Sword - 100gp, platinum long sword,, lasts 1r/l, no longer a helm sword but an actual floating sword, does magic damage

Black Blade of Disaster - 1000gp, platinum great sword, lasts 1r/l, does magic damage, this sword is a death by slicing masterlock.

Other Stuff:

1. Metaldigital wrote: "Well, you will undoubtably have some sort of "gatekeeper" who will require a passphrase. Something one has, something one knows and something one can do: that there is a three-factor security puzzle (made eminently more solvable by having completed a previous quest, no doubt)."

Aye; but I don't really consider that a puzzle.

2. If you have better names for the neutral planar summons, I'm all ears. the first one is in the shape of a wise flacon from the outer planes, and the second is in the shape of a will 'o wisp that guides people with light. It also hails from the outer planes.

3. Dwarves rock!

4. The requirements for these spells aren't set in stone; but the summons themselves pretty much are.

Update: Things are going well.... Hehe. Not much of an update as I'm just working on sprucing up dialogue, and ediitng all these summons... Argh. Also, waiitng on QAers to give me some more opinions to add to the next version..

Next Thread Update: I will post the world's gods next time. The gods, their names, and their portfolios aren't really anything unique; but the effect they have on players in ther actual game world does....

We shall see.. Comment if you want.

Enjoy. >_<

... Update: Things are going well.... Hehe. Not much of an update as I'm just working on sprucing up dialogue, and ediitng all these summons... Argh. Also, waiitng on QAers to give me some more opinions to add to the next version..

Next Thread Update: I will post the world's gods next time. The gods, their names, and their portfolios aren't really anything unique; but the effect they have on players in ther actual game world does....

We shall see.. Comment if you want.

Enjoy. :)

You'll tell us when the next version is available, I take it? :shifty:

As for names:

"Wise One": it might be better to emphasise the difference in wisdom between the summoner and the summoned; perhaps call the summoned being a "gnostic" (i.e. "hidden knowledge"), or some derivative.

A "Guiding Light" could be an animus ("little soul"), or you might even want to call both creatures animuses (animi? :) ) and have two different types -- Gnostic and Greater. (Okay, but some words are mixed Greek/Latin, like "television" :) ) Can't give you the Greek equivalent now (I can't find a good classical suffix reference at the moment).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"You'll tell us when the next version is available, I take it?"

Yes, I'll be emailing it to those who are QA'ing. :shifty: It'll e a while. Editing all these summons take forever. <>

"As for names:

"Wise One": it might be better to emphasise the difference in wisdom between the summoner and the summoned; perhaps call the summoned being a "gnostic" (i.e. "hidden knowledge"), or some derivative.

A "Guiding Light" could be an animus ("little soul"), or you might even want to call both creatures animuses (animi? ) and have two different types -- Gnostic and Greater. (Okay, but some words are mixed Greek/Latin ) Can't give you the Greek equivalent now (I can't find a good classical suffix reference at the moment)."

:)

I will post the world's gods. The gods, their names, and their portfolios aren't really anything unique; but the effect they have on players in ther actual game world does. Don't really expect the list to wow you...

DIETIES OF DURNLA

-------------------------

Name: Herotus, God of Heroes (LG, Male)

Domains/Portfolios: Heroes, heroics, loyalty, goodness, bravery, & justice

Symbol: Golden Statue of Man in Prayer

Preferred Followers: Any race, any class (except evil ones), all alignments but evil

Background: Herotus is a shining beacon of Truth, Justice, & Honour. He dislikes weakness and cowardice. Followers of this god are the bravest of the brave, and the majority of paladins follow him. Many commoners also worship or pay homage to Herotus due to the fact that his servants are always helping them in one way, or another. While seemingly the most powerful of the gods, Herotus' star seems to be fading as often the people see his followers being way too rigid in their views of 'good versus evil'.

Name: Karvlar (CE, Male)

Domains/Portfolios: Death, dying, disease, undead, undeath, & corruption

Symbol: Black Wreath

Preferred Followers: Any race but elf, any class but paladin, all evil ones

Background: Karvlar is shunned by the masses in public; but in private many whisper small prayers to him in a neffort to appease the vile god. His greatest achievement to him is being hated yet worshipped at the same time. He absolutely enjoys corrupting the pure, and numbers quite a few former paladins amongst his followers since his corrupting persuasive powers can be quite impressive. Wherever there is there is undead there is sure to be a wizard or a cleric who prays to Karvlar on bended knee nearby.

Name: Trinity the Great Trader (N, Female)

Domains/Portfolios: Gold, gems, treasure, trading, merchants, the poor, the desperate, travel, exploration, caves, dungeons, & adventurers.

Symbol: An Open Palm Balancing a Gold Coin, A Stone, & A Map

Preferred Followers: Any

Background: Long ago, Trinity was actually three human mortal women from different walks of life - a rich noble named Guinevere, a poor streetwalker known simply as Tulip, and a reknown adventureress called Alasha - who due to a then unfortunate incident actually had their souls combined into one. Times have changed, and now they work as one and are completely unseperable personality wise. Most mortals don't even know the story of how Trinity became to be. That said, the three sides of Trinity is the rich, the poor, and the free. Trinity preaches that nobles should use their power to better the lives of the poor, and the poor should respect the standing of the rich. Adventurers should also use their great skill in their chosen field to make sure this respect is kept; but should never overstep their boundaries lest they allow the foundations of society to collapse into total anarchy.

Name: Bloody Lady Vikkra (NE, Female)

Domains/Portfolios: War, blood, hatred, domination, conquest, fear, contempt, slavery & anger

Symbol: Battlefield Littered With Corpses

Preferred Followers: Anyone willing to shed blood for a cause

Background: The War Mistress loves battles. She relishes in the free flowing of blood, and the hate, fear, and anger that such actions usually come with. Vikkra loves to dominate her foes, and if one vows to bow to her she willaloow them to serve her either as a minion or for those beneath her contempt; as a slave. The barbarians of the Wastelands, and the Dark Knights of Lecroll are the majority of her followers; but many people give her power unwillingly by simply feeling anger, fear, or hatred in their hearts for any reason. This makes the Blood Lady a major enemy of Herotus as even his most honourable worshippers fuel Vikkra's strength.

Name: Mylissia (CG, Female)

Domains/Portfolios: Love, warmth, life, children, the soul, romance, forgivance & sacrifice

Symbol: Red Heart

Preferred Followers: Any accepted; but evil rarely turn to the Loving Mother

Background: The Wonderful Flower has such a warming embrace; it is difficult to turn one's back to her. One exmaple of this is that while violent barbarians tend not to directly worship her they respect her for the children she bestows upon them, and admire her followers' willingness to die for their beliefs. Mylissa believes in the power of forgiveness, and its a sad day for the goddess if someone hardens their ehart so much that they cannot to do. Sadly, the faith's many enemies often use this knowledge to their advantage and so many of the faithful have die just minutes after forgiving an enemy. This had led to a small offshoot of Mylissa that doesn't forgive anyone's transgressions. They aren't very popular as they cna be very violent when prvoked. That said, even now, the group's priests still recieves power from their Goddess as she still holds out hope they will see the error of their ways...

Name: Bouthar Greengrynd (N, Male)

Domains/Portfolios: Nature, animals, time, cycles

Symbol: A Circle of Aging Deers

Preferred Followers: Those who love nature, druids, rangers, & respect the passage of time as a part of life's cycle

Background: Bouthar is a typical of most worlds' major Nature gods. He's about protecting nature even before 'man'. He understands fully, however, that 'man' has a part to play in the Grand Cycle and will take steps to protect civilization if need be. He wants his followers to enjoy a good hunt even as they work to protect the animals of over killing. There is a dark side to Bouthar's love of nature as he does allow a battle of sorts between the hunter and hunted to see who is really more fit to rule the world. The Lord Nature is content to watch the cycle continue as a passive viewer to see how mortals will act when left to their own devices.

Name: Mother Graystone (NG, Female)

Domains/Portfolios: Dwarves, gnomes, halflings, mining, metalsmithing, battle preparedness & racial pride

Symbol: A Stone Mountain

Preferred Followers: Dwarves. Dwarves. Dwarves. Gnomes, and halfings are also acceptable due to their close ties to the dwarven past as well as the mutual disrespect that humans and elves seem to have for the race's collective short height which they usually regret.

Background: Mother Graystone still dreams of the ancient past when dwarves were the dominate race in the world. She feels the encroachment of others' into the Realm of the Dwarves inside the mountains is a threat to the dwarven race's existence even though dwarven numbers are on the increase and they still hold a lot of influence. Dwarven weapons, and armour are second to none and the other races - even elves - pay top gold for anything crafted from dwarven mithril and hands. The Mother pities the little people (gnomes & halflings) as they are relatively new to the world and are treated with no respect by others. Yes, this seem to be a contradiction in her dwarfcentric view; but there is likely a reason dealing with this in thier first appearances... While, Graystone is all about dwarves; she or her followers are not violently opposing other races unless they directly threaten them or their livelihoods.

Name: Quarion Siannodel (CG, Male)

Domains/Portfolios: Elves, freedom, poetry, swordplay, archery, swimming & trees

Symbol: Longbow & Sword

Preferred Followers: Elves, musicians of any race, & anyone who hates undead

Background: The Elven Protector loves peace; but is always ready to protect his charges. He abhors the undead, and has his clerics work feverlishly to end their unlifes no matter what. Swordplay, and archery are favorite activities as he enjoys the beauty of their work. Poetry - no matter how poor - is music to his ears as it fills his heart with joy. He even numbers a few odd dwarven bards amongst his worshippers much to the chagrin of Mother Graystone. Elves are a free race prone to rash decision making in spite of their long lifes. They, and their god believe in 'living in the moment'.

There ya go. Like I said, the gods aren't truly unique; but I think they are intertesting nontheless. What ya think?

Next Update: Since I shared a Character Bio of an NPC from part 2; I'm going to share one from part 1 next.

Thank you. :)

Yeah I like 'em...

I miss a really interesting NG god for all....

Tho I'm sure I'll play a dwarf or somethin' like that :)

I like Mother Graystone best ;)

Did I hear something about a new NPC bio? :-"

"Yeah I like 'em..."

;)

"I miss a really interesting NG god for all...."

That's ok. NG characters can worship the other gods - you don't have to share the same alignment as your god.

"Tho I'm sure I'll play a dwarf or somethin' like that "

:) Dwarves rule. :)

"I like Mother Graystone best"

Heh. Bias towards dwarves? That's good. :-"

"Did I hear something about a new NPC bio? "

No; but you did read something about a new NPC bio.. :)

Question: What did you think of the undead and planar summons? <_<

P.S. When Smilies Attack! (w00t)

That's ok. NG characters can worship the other gods - you don't have to share the same alignment as your god.

Yeah I know..I'll probably choose Mylissia ;)

Tho I haven't played a dwarf since NWN OC..so I wanna play one again :-

Dwarves rule.

Yes they do....

Question: What did you think of the undead and planar summons?

sounds promising...I'm rather curious about the secret ones :)

"Yeah I know..I'll probably choose Mylissia "

You gonna be one of those who abuse her powers, huh? Unforgiving.

"sounds promising...I'm rather curious about the secret ones"

Isn't everyone? Well.. except me, of course. No worries though since they won't be avilable to like the 2nd or 3rd module since those spells are rather high level, anyways.

But, that particular sect does. They just didn't appreciate seeing others forgive an enemy just to be killed so now they have hardened their hearts to that aspect of the goddess' portfolio. They're still about love, life, and happiness. It's just felt that there is no room for second chances... The irony, of course, is that while they break their Goddess' code; she still looks out for them in hopes of them realizing the errors of their ways. Such a tragedy... ;)

You get nothing at the start; but it can help or hurt you while playing the game depending on interactions. Being a priest gives you no powers outside of the normal priestly powers. This may change though depending on the time line of mod development...

Well, yeah. That's part of interactions. There'll be religion specifc rewards. remember, by the time you finish ch3 there'd have been at least one temple or shrine for each of the good which will contain quests, npcs, treasures, and the like both as rewards for both normal worshippers and specifically for priests/paladins/druids...

:(

Yes...that's just right...

Hmm....I like NWN,tho it's OC could have been better...

I really like some mods tho..

And I found a good deal on the Platinum edition..gonna see how much money I can save :(

Millions, ya hope. :(

And, aye, I like the OC; but it coulda been better. :( I hoipe you like the game. If not, you've spent a lot of time in the thread about a mod for it for some odd reason then. :D

Yeah I like the game..I finished the OC twice :(

There are some good parts there and I still like it more than K1 or G2...

I'll be happy if I could save 1.300.000 old LEI or 130 new ones...that's how much it costs...

I wish I could find SoU alone :(