Desperate help - The Storyline

nope nope, it was Revan that sent T3. :(

110% positive on this one!

however I do also remember that because of the memory damage T3 thought at first he had been abandoned (this  part im not as sure on)

About the repair/computer thing - you have to repair him first before the option to use computer skill on him becomes available. You can use each of these skills on him three times in total IIRC. After that you can do a combined computer/repair option, but which actually boosts the Exile's stats instead of T3's (it's an increase to Wisdom and force points, I think).

My character had 16 natural intelligence when getting the intelligence options to question T3 about his past, so I know that works for a fact. Less might do it too, though.

I'm still convinced it was not Revan that sent T3 to find the Exile. Revan left T3 because he knew he would not need him. Bastila/Carth ordered T3 to find other Jedi to help if Revan disappeared. In some ways, T3 was seeking the Exile out on his own, using the information that Atris had leaked about the Exile's whereabouts.

Could someone else confirm which of us is right?

Well, it was Revan and it wasn't... The Bastila recording (ugly, ugly holovid, but I digress...) was clearly made before Revan left, because Bastila reveals that she has seen a few glimpses of the future and learned some things against Revan's will from their shared link.

There are light and dark side variations of this, but that much is true in both cases, as is the fact that she tells T3 to aid Revan, since Revan will not take Bastila along (to protect her if Revan is light side and because their link can be a threat or distraction to Revan if dark side).

And whether light or dark, Bastila also tells T3 to return to the republic and find Bastila if something happens to Revan. Failing that, T3 is to find any other sort of help (evil Bastila doesn't care whether this aid is jedi or sith), so since the Exile is rumored to be the only jedi left at the beginning of the game, that's who T3 is going for.

If you want to hear those sound files, they are all located in the /streamvoice/gbl/T3M4/ library. The gblt3m4098 to gblt3m4104 are the light side Bastila comments, and gblt3m4105 to gblt3m4110 are dark side Bastila's. After that are the alternate Carth comments.

What's more confusing is where exactly Kreia fits into it all, but Kreia tells us that Revan came to her. This was likely after she was cast out by Sion and Nihilus, and knowing what he was about to do, she probably came with him to the unknown regions, then went back with T3 aboard the Ebon Hawk. Needless to say, HK-47 was probably along for the ride as well, but was damaged in the Sith attack (and he knows nothing since neither Bastila nor Carth would trust him as much as T3... Nor would Revan, come to think of it...)

What's really confusing are the other bodies and droid remains we find on the Ebon Hawk during the prologue, because we never hear anything about who those people were. I sure hope it wasn't the former crew of the Ebon Hawk :rolleyes:

I generally like the subtle plot of KotOR2, but where they really dropped the ball was in introducing us to the game. I mean, you begin unconscious on a smashed Ebon Hawk, not knowing who you are or what the heck happened to the ship... And there is no introduction to the Exile's past. You just know that you did something sinister and troubling in the past, but you don't know what it is, because you don't like remembering or talking about it... huh? By the time Bao-Dur turned up and called me general, I was both confused and annoying because the storytellers wouldn't let me know or identify with the character I was supposed to be role-playing. It's one thing that the ending was lost, but the beginning was actually messed up pretty badly too :(

nope nope, it was Revan that sent T3. :ermm:

however I do also remember that because of the memory damage T3 thought at first he had been abandoned (this  part im not as sure on)

I'm still convinced it was not Revan that sent T3 to find the Exile. Revan left T3 because he knew he would not need him. Bastila/Carth ordered T3 to find other Jedi to help if Revan disappeared. In some ways, T3 was seeking the Exile out on his own, using the information that Atris had leaked about the Exile's whereabouts.

Could someone else confirm which of us is right?

Welp, all I can say is its there.

Replay the game and pay specific attention to what T3 says.

regarding Revan, he left everyone but Mandalore and T3 behind at first, at a specific planet (forget name) he drops Mandalore (which is found out when Kreia taunts Mandalore in front of the shuttle on Dunx).

Later he sends T3 back for help. He doesnt say "the Exile" by name but all indications (of course, LOL) point to the Exile and T3 believes it was the Exile he was to come get.

PS: To other poster that asked what sex I played.

I played both male and female but ONLY once did I answer that Revan was female. The rest of the time I answered Revan was male as both games (KotOR1 and 2) run much smoother and make much more sence (storyline wise and fluid moving) when Revan and Exile are LS Males.

The one time I answered Revan was female, there was just to many holes in story and inconsistancies through out to ignore (which effected my over all game play).

Hey, why was Kreia exiled by the Sith Lords. I know her word was not law to those ambitious blah blah blah. But what about? Did she finally say, okay, we're gonna go past the outer rim and find Revan, and they said, "Hell no, I'll meet you at the Trayus Core and we'll kick your butt for saying that!"

Or what?

Hey, why was Kreia exiled by the Sith Lords. I know her word was not law to those ambitious blah blah blah. But what about? Did she finally say, okay, we're gonna go past the outer rim and find Revan, and they said, "Hell no, I'll meet you at the Trayus Core and we'll kick your butt for saying that!"

Or what?

It's just the way of the Sith - if the apprentice can defeat the master, then the master is no longer worthy and is thrown from power (which usually means killed). It ensures that the Sith are always ruled by the strongest, as evil Bastila put it in KotOR1.

Of course, it was rather ironic that Kreia, the great betrayer, was herself betrayed when her apprentices ganged up on her... That's not so much the Sith way, and it began the power struggle that probably gave the game its name.

I think T3 was on the Ebon Hawk the whole time, abandoned by Revan when he went to the Unknown Regions. It's not entirely clear who was actually in control of the Ebon Hawk though. If you have a high Intelligence attribute and get the message from Bastila/Carth, it reveals T3 was ordered to search for someone to help. However, Kreia also had reason to seek out the Exile as she was seeking the death of the Force.

When you explore T3 memory core you find out he wasnt abandoned but sent (with the Ebon hawk) back by Revan to find the Exile!

Sent by Revan? I'm quite sure Revan abandoned him and it was Bastila/Carth that sent T3 to find the Exile.

nope nope, it was Revan that sent T3. :)

however I do also remember that because of the memory damage T3 thought at first he had been abandoned (this part im not as sure on)

No, actually you're wrong, it was Bastilla/Carth that sent T3 looking for Jedi to find Revan...not Revan himself....

If you do all of the repairs on T3 you'll see this for yourself, and unlock a message from either Carth or bastilla....

110% positive my ass!

Edit-and I'm late haha...

A gang attack like that is not the way of the Sith. Not the way they did it. It had to be something else. Perhaps she betrayed them first?

I agree...I wish after the final battle at Malachor Kreia would have finished telling you the story of her Exile, like she promised she would...when she said I'll tell u later when we have time or w/e her excuse was, after the flashback...

I think that the reason that Kreia was exiled was that she wanted to wait to strike at the Jedi. Nihilus and Sion wanted to strike sooner so they got rid of Traya and started their shadow war against the Jedi. IIRC this was mentioned on one of the loading screens.

Or what?

I think Sion and Nihilus rejected her 'grayside' teachings, and disrespected them as a sign of weakness in her. Sion fully embraced the dark side and seemed to feel she betrayed him. And I'm sure she wasn't exactly kind with that sarcastic tongue of hers, either, reminding him he wasn't 'as great as her first'. The fact that she went after a Jedi as her next pupil probably just reinforced his feelings of betrayal and hate. I don't recall him mentioning her intent to help Revan; it's possible the 'training' didn't make it to that point.