NWN: Hordes of the Underdark

Just a brief reflection, the voice actress that does Ashalatraa..whatever the Drow Queen is really really bad. Not only is she incapable of sounding anywhere near convincing, she also accentuates the wrong words in her sentences.

Which makes me wonder- Is it common that people have voiceovers for fanmade modules?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just a brief reflection, the voice actress that does Ashalatraa..whatever the Drow Queen is really really bad. Not only is she incapable of sounding anywhere near convincing, she also accentuates the wrong words in her sentences.

Which makes me wonder- Is it common that people have voiceovers for fanmade modules?

Voiceovers are, as far as I know, rather rare due to the huge downloads that would create. Maybe a few lines, maybe not.

As to the Valsharess, is this a swedish voiceover or the English one? I don't remember the English voice over being so bad. I do remember my Higher English teacher reading Nineteen Eighty Four with the wrong emphasis, though.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Swedish voiceover??!! Nay! We dont dub things in Sweden ...Except some childrens programmes and software.

Im very picky, normal people wouldnt react so hard I think. Its really noticeable in this cutscene where she speaks with the deamon, she sounds like a complete pansy.

And. Whats "arcane spell failiure" ? Does that mean the chance that I fail to cast a spell or the chance that an enemies spell fail to work on me?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Swedish voiceover??!! Nay! We dont dub things in Sweden ...Except some childrens programmes and software.

Im very picky, normal people wouldnt react so hard I think. Its really noticeable in this cutscene where she speaks with the deamon, she sounds like a complete pansy.

And. Whats "arcane spell failiure" ? Does that mean the chance that I fail to cast a spell or the chance that an enemies spell fail to work on me?

Arcane spell failure is the chance that the restrictiveness of your armour will cause you to mess up the somantic component of an arcane spell (as opposed to a divine spell), making it fail. In your barbarian's case, it doesn't matter, but it can be avoided with the still spell metamagic feat.

If as I suspect you are looking for the latter, you'll want spell resistance. It can be vitally important for characters without access to protective magics.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

"So are you gonna release it anytime soon ?"

2-3 months since I just finished a week vacation while play JE. Now, that i'm finished I can bo back to work.

"Do you need both SoU and HoTU to play it?"

Yes. This mod is for fans of NWN who still have the real version of it; not pretenders to the throne. :thumbsup:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What's that supposed to mean? You sayin' I aint a real man for not havvin' that piece of crap darn SoU, boy?

SOU was okay. Ch3 sucked horrible though. One of my worst experiences with RPGs - just above the puke known as MW, DTU, or POR2.

Still, if you don't NWN, SOU, and HOTU; you are nothing to me as far as NWN goes. Nothing. Just a pretender trying to be cool by fitting in; but just a silly outsider.

It didnt work since it only adds levels. That's why I had to use the Editor.

oh no, you don't have to use the editor... you just use the "set current XP" command (whatever it is) and set yourself way low. then level back up with givelevel or set the XP back high... i don't remember what happens, but i think it also takes away your feats/skills when you drop it.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Still, if you don't NWN, SOU, and HOTU; you are nothing to me as far as NWN goes. Nothing. Just a pretender trying to be cool by fitting in; but just a silly outsider.

and here, all along, i thought you respected me... :thumbsup:

for the record, i don't have sou because you cannot buy it in stores separately anymore (and i'm too lazy to order it online). the platinum ed., btw, is $40. i paid that much for NWN plus $30 for HotU. i'm not going into NWN for a total of $110 just to get the danged sou piece of crap. ugh.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

"Well, whenever you finish your mod Volourn I'll try to borrow my friend's NWN collection and give it a try. Do you have an idea of how large a download it will be?"

About 5-10MB. :p

"and here, all along, i thought you respected me..."

I respect you (you ar eone of the few netters thqt i do - don't let that go to your head though :p" ); but those who don't have both NWN expansions just aren't in my mod's 'customer' base. It's for "real" NWNers. :(

I just noticed the "craft weapon" and "craft armour" skills. How the heck do I use them? I havent seen any useable forges anywhere yet(Im in the drow town in Chapter2, have just finished the Avariel village thing)

I just noticed the "craft weapon" and "craft armour" skills. How the heck do I use them? I havent seen any useable forges anywhere yet(Im in the drow town in Chapter2, have just finished the Avariel village thing)

You gotta have points spent on those abilities and I think you need specific items, like iron bars. But you don

I figured out how to use it but I dont have a clue as to what will fit together. I made a steel chest plate but I cant find what I need to make it into a proper armour, I tried iron spikes and bands but that didnt work. I dont have a paper manual and the *.pdf only covers basic NWN stuff.

But its very nice to be able to redesign your armour and make it into a dress, looks much better than the regular female armours.

I figured out how to use it but I dont have a clue as to what will fit together. I made a steel chest plate but I cant find what I need to make it into a proper armour, I tried iron spikes and bands but that didnt work. I dont have a paper manual and the *.pdf only covers basic NWN stuff.

But its very nice to be able to redesign your armour and make it into a dress, looks much better than the regular female armours.

I never really used it, since you can buy/find much better armor than you can ever make. I only used it to change colors. :lol:

It's not very useful in the regular campaign. In fact, it's only really ever useful for making your stuff look cooler, especially in the CEP, with its huge wardrobe.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Why does it cost money to modify your armour?! Thats completely insane. You can convert your armour into a mage robe for nothing but if you want to change one stinking shoulderpad its like 6000 gold..

But the most idiotic thing is; I mean, logicly, where does the money go?

you buy components needed to modifie the armour maybe? *shrugs*

not only that, you need to buy magical components for the armour, because remodeling the armour without the proper magical components will permanantly damage it and render it non-magical. Remodeling the non-magical armour is prety cheap if I remember correctly.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Buy them from WHERE exactly? The "out of thin air" armour parts Boutique? And how come its free to magicly transform it into a robe? Anyhow, it makes no sense to charge a player gold for a purely cosmetic alteration. If you could change the armours properties, then shure, itd make a little more sense even if it would still be "I pay myself". This is stupid people, admit it.

Thought:

Im guessing that the armour parts are taken from some kind of global resource file, wouldnt parts from the CEP show up when you do this? Or are original skins, models etc. stored separately?